Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Print rows with substring in column Post 302836017 by Yoda on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 11:28:42 AM
Old 07-23-2013
Code:
awk '$6 ~ /N/' file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print rows, having pattern in specific column...

Hello all, :) I have a pattern file some what like this, cd003 cd005 cd007 cd008 and input file like this, abc cd001 cd002 zca bca cd002 cd003 cza cba cd003 cd004 zca bac cd004 cd005 zac cba cd005 cd006 acz acb cd006 cd007 caz cab cd007 ... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: admax
25 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print rows in reverse order if values decrease along the column

Hi, Guys. Please help me to find solution to this problem using shell scripting. I have an INPUT file with 4 columns separated by tab. Each block of records is separated by ----- ----- Sample1 5402 6680 Pattern01 Sample2 2216 2368 Pattern02... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam_2921
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to print only selected rows in a particular column specified by column name

Dear All, I have a data file input.csv like below. (Only five column shown here for example.) Data1,StepNo,Data2,Data3,Data4 2,1,3,4,5 3,1,5,6,7 3,2,4,5,6 5,3,5,5,6 From this I want the below output Data1,StepNo,Data2,Data3,Data4 2,1,3,4,5 3,1,5,6,7 where the second column... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

merging rows into new file based on rows and first column

I have 2 files, file01= 7 columns, row unknown (but few) file02= 7 columns, row unknown (but many) now I want to create an output with the first field that is shared in both of them and then subtract the results from the rest of the fields and print there e.g. file 01 James|0|50|25|10|50|30... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: A-V
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transpose Datefield from rows to column + Print time diff

Hi Experts, Can you please help me in transposing Datefield from rows to column and calculate the time difference for each of the Jobids: Input File: 08/23/2012 12:36:09,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:14,JOB_5340 08/23/2012 12:36:22,JOB_5350 08/23/2012 12:36:26,JOB_5350 Required Output:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: asnandhakumar
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Deleting all rows where the first column equals the second column

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file where the first two columns equal numbers. I want to delete all rows where the value in the first column equals the second column. How do I go about doing that? Thanks! Input: 1 1 ABC DEF 2 2 IJK LMN 1 2 ZYX OPW Output: 1 2 ZYX OPW (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Single Column into Multiple rows, but with strings to specific tab column

Dear fellows, I need your help. I'm trying to write a script to convert a single column into multiple rows. But it need to recognize the beginning of the string and set it to its specific Column number. Each Line (loop) begins with digit (RANGE). At this moment it's kind of working, but it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: AK47
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk Print New Column For Every Two Lines and Match On Multiple Column Values to print another column

Hi, My input files is like this axis1 0 1 10 axis2 0 1 5 axis1 1 2 -4 axis2 2 3 -3 axis1 3 4 5 axis2 3 4 -1 axis1 4 5 -6 axis2 4 5 1 Now, these are my following tasks 1. Print a first column for every two rows that has the same value followed by a string. 2. Match on the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read 4th column and print those many rows

Hi, My input file chr1 3217769 3217789 2952725-5 255 + chr1 3260455 3260475 2434087-6 255 - My desired output chr1 3217769 3217789 2952725-1 255 + chr1 3217769 3217789 2952725-2 255 + chr1 3217769 3217789 2952725-3 255 + chr1 3217769 3217789 2952725-4 255 +... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert rows to column and print output in required format

Hi All, i am trying to print the solaris 11 packages in below required format, But i am unable to do that. Current ouput : root@abc# pkginfo -l | egrep '(BASEDIR|NAME|VERSION)' | awk '{print}' NAME: QLogic 570x/571x Gigabit Ethernet Driver VERSION: 11.11,REV=2009.11.11 ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: balu1234
7 Replies
Template::Plugin::Table(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				Template::Plugin::Table(3)

NAME
Template::Plugin::Table - Plugin to present data in a table SYNOPSIS
[% USE table(list, rows=n, cols=n, overlap=n, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH item IN table.row(n) %] [% item %] [% END %] [% FOREACH item IN table.col(n) %] [% item %] [% END %] [% FOREACH row IN table.rows %] [% FOREACH item IN row %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] [% FOREACH col IN table.cols %] [% col.first %] - [% col.last %] ([% col.size %] entries) [% END %] DESCRIPTION
The "Table" plugin allows you to format a list of data items into a virtual table. When you create a "Table" plugin via the "USE" directive, simply pass a list reference as the first parameter and then specify a fixed number of rows or columns. [% USE Table(list, rows=5) %] [% USE table(list, cols=5) %] The "Table" plugin name can also be specified in lower case as shown in the second example above. You can also specify an alternative variable name for the plugin as per regular Template Toolkit syntax. [% USE mydata = table(list, rows=5) %] The plugin then presents a table based view on the data set. The data isn't actually reorganised in any way but is available via the "row()", "col()", "rows()" and "cols()" as if formatted into a simple two dimensional table of "n" rows x "n" columns. So if we had a sample "alphabet" list contained the letters '"a"' to '"z"', the above "USE" directives would create plugins that represented the following views of the alphabet. [% USE table(alphabet, ... %] rows=5 cols=5 a f k p u z a g m s y b g l q v b h n t z c h m r w c i o u d i n s x d j p v e j o t y e k q w f l r x We can request a particular row or column using the "row()" and "col()" methods. [% USE table(alphabet, rows=5) %] [% FOREACH item = table.row(0) %] # [% item %] set to each of [ a f k p u z ] in turn [% END %] [% FOREACH item = table.col(2) %] # [% item %] set to each of [ m n o p q r ] in turn [% END %] Data in rows is returned from left to right, columns from top to bottom. The first row/column is 0. By default, rows or columns that contain empty values will be padded with the undefined value to fill it to the same size as all other rows or columns. For example, the last row (row 4) in the first example would contain the values "[ e j o t y undef ]". The Template Toolkit will safely accept these undefined values and print a empty string. You can also use the IF directive to test if the value is set. [% FOREACH item = table.row(4) %] [% IF item %] Item: [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] You can explicitly disable the "pad" option when creating the plugin to returned shortened rows/columns where the data is empty. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH item = table.col(4) %] # [% item %] set to each of 'y z' [% END %] The "rows()" method returns all rows/columns in the table as a reference to a list of rows (themselves list references). The "row()" methods when called without any arguments calls "rows()" to return all rows in the table. Ditto for "cols()" and "col()". [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5) %] [% FOREACH row = table.rows %] [% FOREACH item = row %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] The Template Toolkit provides the "first", "last" and "size" virtual methods that can be called on list references to return the first/last entry or the number of entries in a list. The following example shows how we might use this to provide an alphabetical index split into 3 even parts. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=3, pad=0) %] [% FOREACH group = table.col %] [ [% group.first %] - [% group.last %] ([% group.size %] letters) ] [% END %] This produces the following output: [ a - i (9 letters) ] [ j - r (9 letters) ] [ s - z (8 letters) ] We can also use the general purpose "join" virtual method which joins the items of the list using the connecting string specified. [% USE table(alphabet, cols=5) %] [% FOREACH row = table.rows %] [% row.join(' - ') %] [% END %] Data in the table is ordered downwards rather than across but can easily be transformed on output. For example, to format our data in 5 columns with data ordered across rather than down, we specify "rows=5" to order the data as such: a f . . b g . c h d i e j and then iterate down through each column (a-e, f-j, etc.) printing the data across. a b c d e f g h i j . . . Example code to do so would be much like the following: [% USE table(alphabet, rows=3) %] [% FOREACH cols = table.cols %] [% FOREACH item = cols %] [% item %] [% END %] [% END %] Output: a b c d e f g h i j . . . In addition to a list reference, the "Table" plugin constructor may be passed a reference to a Template::Iterator object or subclass thereof. The Template::Iterator get_all() method is first called on the iterator to return all remaining items. These are then available via the usual Table interface. [% USE DBI(dsn,user,pass) -%] # query() returns an iterator [% results = DBI.query('SELECT * FROM alphabet ORDER BY letter') %] # pass into Table plugin [% USE table(results, rows=8 overlap=1 pad=0) -%] [% FOREACH row = table.cols -%] [% row.first.letter %] - [% row.last.letter %]: [% row.join(', ') %] [% END %] AUTHOR
Andy Wardley <abw@wardley.org> <http://wardley.org/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1996-2007 Andy Wardley. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
Template::Plugin perl v5.16.3 2011-12-20 Template::Plugin::Table(3)