Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Help with touch: bad time specification Post 302835943 by N1a_Raider on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 09:59:06 AM
Old 07-23-2013
Oracle Help with touch: bad time specification

Here is the part of the script: I have modified the file name.Smilie

Code:
SSFILE=${My_HOME_DIR}/log/my_file_ss.log
export MM=`date '+%m'`
export DD=`date '+%d'`
export HH=`date '+%H'`
export MIN=`date '+%M'`
export HOURAGO=`echo ${HH} -1 |bc `
echo $HOURAGO
export TTIME=${MM}${DD}${HOURAGO}00
echo $TTIME
touch -t ${TTIME} ${SSFILE}
export MIN=`date '+%M'`
export HOURAGO=`echo ${HH} -1 |bc `
echo $HOURAGO
export TTIME=${MM}${DD}${HOURAGO}00
echo $TTIME
touch -t ${TTIME} ${SSFILE}

I get this message in error log file: touch: bad time specification
I have solaris 10 and this is .ksh file.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this commands?

Last edited by Scott; 07-23-2013 at 11:20 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HD specification

What command do I use to determine how many/what kind/how big the hard drives on a box are? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abolshoun
2 Replies

2. Solaris

System specification checking

Hi, anybody know how to check the system specification for the unix by using the command like the memory size, cpu's speed and etc. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: efang
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to touch a file with prev time stamp

i want to find the files which are modified in last 30 to 120 minutes i am using "find . -mmin +30 -mmin -120 " it is giving me the error find: bad option -mmin find: path-list predicate-list can somebody help me out . Thank you (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prat007
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Touch all files and subdirectories (recursive touch)

I have a folder with many subdirectories and i need to set the modified date to today for everything in it. Please help, thanks! I tried something i found online, find . -print0 | xargs -r0 touch but I got the error: xargs: illegal option -- r (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: glev2005
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make a log.txt and add date and time when use ls,touch and find

Hey guy, how to make the log.txt file and record date and time when ls, touch and find command run? Thanks Boly (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenboly
13 Replies

6. Solaris

Getting server specification

Hi all, Can anyone help me to get the server specifications like the following? eg. SUN Fire XXX X UltraSPARC X MHZ X MB Memory X GB od hard disk X On board PCI IO card X PCI HNI card Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginningDBA
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

touch -t time, using different userid

Hi, I am reciveing files from a remote system on my linux box. These files are named based on time, which I can use to 'touch' the time . I can access/modify these files using my id. but when I tried touching time using my id I am getting error; touch -t 1001261234 1001261234_job2333... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivbravo
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with column specification

Hi I am working on a program that reads a file with multiple columns and was curious how to specify the columns to be manipulated in the command line. For example the file may look something like: Column1 Column2 Column3 Column4 Column5 Column6 AC 82542 3525 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drossy
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change time stamp with touch command?

Hi, I wish to change time stamp of a directory with all its subdirectories and files on server. I am able to find following two ways but want to know which will be the better one. I have not tried anyone of them because I am not sure if it can effect my data: find * -type d -exec touch... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bioinfo
5 Replies

10. Red Hat

Touch - changing date and time

Hi, I am facing a problem with the command - TOUCH on Linux. See the example below: File on Linux: rw-rw-r-- user1 user1 Jan 01 09:00 test.txt The file - test.txt was created by the user - user1. Now, I want to change the date and time, but using other user - user2 The user2... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: brjohnsmith
12 Replies
asadmin-unset(1AS)						   User Commands						asadmin-unset(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-unset, unset - removes one or more variables from the multimode environment SYNOPSIS
unset env_var [env_var]* Removes one or more variables you set for the multimode environment. The variables and their associated values will no longer exist in the environment. OPERANDS
env_var environment variable to be removed. Example 1: Using unset to remove environment variables asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=password asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** AS_ADMIN_PREFIX=server1.jms-service asadmin> unset AS_ADMIN_PREFIX asadmin> export AS_ADMIN_HOST=bluestar AS_ADMIN_PORT=8000 AS_ADMIN_USER=admin AS_ADMIN_PASSWORD=******** Using the export command without the argument lists the environment variables that are set. Notice the AS_ADMIN_PREFIX is not in the envi- ronment after running the unset command. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-export(1AS), asadmin-multimode(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-unset(1AS)