Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting What does the -z expression stand for? Post 302835889 by rafa_fed2 on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 07:45:46 AM
Old 07-23-2013
What does the -z expression stand for?

What does - z and {} means

Code:
if [ -z "${ARBORDBU}" ] ; then
        echo "ERROR: \$ARBORDBU environment variable is not set\n"

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No stand-by, keep on

How do you or what is the setup to keep the (server) up from shutting down? It is not server yet but it might very likely become to serve few clients. But, once I get in in the morning its off. It's Sparc, Solaris 8 and I would like to keep it running over night but once it is not attended it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: softarch
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

OEM - what does this abbreviation stand for?

Just saw this OEM abbreviation during installation of Solaris 8. I'm curious to know what the letters stand for and what OEM actually is. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kanu77
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stand alone wants to boot off network

Hello Everybody, I have a Sun Sparc 5 that used to have Solaris 8 on it. I wanted to build my skills at installing the software and then all went wrong for me. This computer is a stand alone, not networked at all. So I got my hands on Solaris 9 Sparc version, I went through the install and at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oilpainter69
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can under stand the script

Hi all, I am working on following script which is already working and i am trying to understand but could not can any body help me in follwoing script. I understand that it deletes record from tables. using DB2 import from /dev/null. I dont know where in second portion it loads the data in to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam71
0 Replies

5. Solaris

update stand-by server

hi all , we are in the process of migrating from one system to another. i have some questions/concerns and i hope that u can help me with. 1) . we are in the process of merging to seperate system together , these applications run on 2 seperate sunfires . after the merge we will have one... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppass
0 Replies

6. Programming

How to under stand the C code

#include <stdio.h> main(t,_,a) char *a; {return!0<t?t<3?main(-79,-13,a+main(-87,1-_, main(-86, 0, a+1 )+a)):1,t<_?main(t+1, _, a ):3,main ( -94, -27+t, a )&&t == 2 ?_<13 ?main ( 2, _+1, "%s %d %d\n" ):9:16:t<0?t<-72?main(_,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: brain_full
4 Replies

7. IP Networking

What does 'AF' of AF_INET stand for ?

as title. and how is it different from PF_INET ? also, any one knows sin_family , sin_port , sin_addr ..etc ? why are they called 'sin' ? finally, htons() host to network short , htonl() host to network long , ntohs() network to host short , ntohl() network to host long. why would... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: trapeze
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

what does ${VARIABLE:-0} stand for?

Hi all, During reading the code, i met such expressment in a KSH script. I can not figure out what does this mean and don't know how to search it in the web. Could you please check below snippet and let me know what does this mean in a shell script: VARIABLE=1 if ; then .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sleepy_11
3 Replies

9. IP Networking

Network stand still

**this was posted in another forum I suspect wrong one moved here **:confused: Hello all. Let me qualify my question by saying that I am struggling with how to ask the question I am semi green but have no issue reading up if pointed in the right direction. Please be gentle! A RHEL server 6.2.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
4 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)