Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a UNIX/perl script to read and write the data Post 302835841 by toravi.pentaho on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 05:09:03 AM
Old 07-23-2013
Hi,

Im new to perl.whatever data is present in word document(in tables) it should display
as outpput.That is my requirement.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl read and write to conf file

Hi Everyone, There is a perl file: a.pl ============ #!/usr/bin/perl my $config_file = $ARGV; open CONFIG, "$config_file" or die "Program stopping, couldn't open the configuration file '$config_file'.\n"; my $config = join "", <CONFIG>; close CONFIG; eval $config; die "Couldn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Read/Write Data on CD/RW Disk

Would simply like to write data (no audio) to a CD/RW disk. The disk drive states CD/RW on the front but don't know for sure if the software is configured to recognize it as a writable disk. I can read/move data from the disk to the hard drive with no issue from the disk. Any help in this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jes1trish
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a shell script that calls two external Perl functions--one of which sorts the data in a file, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowit010
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check read/write/execute permission for 'others'

I want to check access rights permissions not for 'user', not for 'group', but for 'others'. I want to do it by system command in which i want to use 'ls -l' and 'awk' command. I have written the following program : #!/usr/bin/local/perl #include <stdlib.h> system ("ls -l | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhamsachdeva
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read user input, Encrypt the data and write to file

Hi, can some one help me how to encrypt and decrypt a file. AIM: reade user input, encrypt it and save it to file. while decryption read the encrypted file decrypt it and save the output in some variable. Example: consider we have Credentials.txt file with content username: password... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write text file data to excel using UNIX shell script?

Hi All, I have the requirement in unix shell script. I want to write the "ls -ltr" command out put to excel file as below. Input :text file data : drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x 2 apx aim 4096 Nov 29 18:40 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a perl script to read and write the data

Hi, I have on Designdocument in that information is stored with in tabular format.I need Perlscript to read and write the datausing perl script? Regards, Ravi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toravi.pentaho
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl write and read on same file

Hi, I am trying to do a write operation followed by a read operation on the same file through Perl, expecting the output produced by read to contain the new lines added, as follows: #! /usr/bin/perl -w open FH, "+< testfile" or die "$@"; print FH "New content added\n"; while (my $line =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read/write perl file

Hi I am trying to build a web form where it can take the input from the user and write it to a file. And when I will open that form again that for should read the file that was created at the 1st step and all the fields should auto populate from that file. I have 20 text fields in my form. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
Xapian::WritableDatabase(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			     Xapian::WritableDatabase(3pm)

NAME
Search::Xapian::WritableDatabase - writable database object DESCRIPTION
This class represents a Xapian database for indexing. It's a subclass of Search::Xapian::Database, which is used for searching. METHODS
new <database> or new <path> <mode> Class constructor. Takes either a database object, or a path and one of DB_OPEN, DB_CREATE, DB_CREATE_OR_OPEN or DB_CREATE_OR_OVERWRITE. These are exported by Search::Xapian with the 'db' option. clone Return a clone of this class. flush Flush to disk any modifications made to the database. For efficiency reasons, when performing multiple updates to a database it is best (indeed, almost essential) to make as many modifications as memory will permit in a single pass through the database. To ensure this, Xapian batches up modifications. Flush may be called at any time to ensure that the modifications which have been made are written to disk: if the flush succeeds, all the preceding modifications will have been written to disk. If any of the modifications fail, an exception will be thrown and the database will be left in a state in which each separate addition, replacement or deletion operation has either been fully performed or not performed at all: it is then up to the application to work out which operations need to be repeated. Beware of calling flush too frequently: this will have a severe performance cost. Note that flush need not be called explicitly: it will be called automatically when the database is closed, or when a sufficient number of modifications have been made. add_document <document> Add a new document to the database. This method adds the specified document to the database, returning a newly allocated document ID. Note that this does not mean the document will immediately appear in the database; see flush() for more details. As with all database modification operations, the effect is atomic: the document will either be fully added, or the document fails to be added and an exception is thrown (possibly at a later time when flush is called or the database is closed). delete_document <doc_id> Delete a document from the database. This method removes the document with the specified document ID from the database. Note that this does not mean the document will immediately disappear from the database; see flush() for more details. As with all database modification operations, the effect is atomic: the document will either be fully removed, or the document fails to be removed and an exception is thrown (possibly at a later time when flush is called or the database is closed). delete_document_by_term <term> Delete any documents indexed by a term from the database. This method removes any documents indexed by the specified term from the database. The intended use is to allow UIDs from another system to easily be mapped to terms in Xapian, although this method probably has other uses. replace_document <doc_id> <document> eplace a given document in the database. This method replaces the document with the specified document ID. Note that this does not mean the document will immediately change in the database; see flush() for more details. As with all database modification operations, the effect is atomic: the document will either be fully replaced, or the document fails to be replaced and an exception is thrown (possibly at a later time when flush is called or the database is closed). replace_document_by_term <unique_term> <document> Replace any documents matching an unique term. This method replaces any documents indexed by the specified term with the specified document. If any documents are indexed by the term, the lowest document ID will be used for the document, otherwise a new document ID will be generated as for add_document. The intended use is to allow UIDs from another system to easily be mapped to terms in Xapian, although this method probably has other uses. Note that this does not mean the document(s) will immediately change in the database; see flush() for more details. As with all database modification operations, the effect is atomic: the document(s) will either be fully replaced, or the document(s) fail to be replaced and an exception is thrown (possibly at a later time when flush is called or the database is closed). add_spelling <word> <freqinc> Add a word to the spelling dictionary. If the word is already present, its frequency is increased. Parameters: word The word to add. freqinc How much to increase its frequency by (default 1). remove_spelling <word> <freqdec> Remove a word from the spelling dictionary. The word's frequency is decreased, and if would become zero or less then the word is removed completely. Parameters: word The word to remove. freqdec How much to decrease its frequency by (default 1). reopen Re-open the database to ensure you are using the latest revision. close Close the database. This also implies a commit() unless a transaction is in progress. SEE ALSO
Search::Xapian,Search::Xapian::Enquire,Search::Xapian::Database perl v5.14.2 2012-05-09 Xapian::WritableDatabase(3pm)