Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a UNIX/perl script to read and write the data Post 302835839 by vidyadhar85 on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 05:08:19 AM
Old 07-23-2013
If you want to use PERL and the .doc format file then you should have permission to install some perl modules to make your job easy.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl read and write to conf file

Hi Everyone, There is a perl file: a.pl ============ #!/usr/bin/perl my $config_file = $ARGV; open CONFIG, "$config_file" or die "Program stopping, couldn't open the configuration file '$config_file'.\n"; my $config = join "", <CONFIG>; close CONFIG; eval $config; die "Couldn't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Read/Write Data on CD/RW Disk

Would simply like to write data (no audio) to a CD/RW disk. The disk drive states CD/RW on the front but don't know for sure if the software is configured to recognize it as a writable disk. I can read/move data from the disk to the hard drive with no issue from the disk. Any help in this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jes1trish
4 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Shell script calling Perl function, sort and find data, write to new files

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I must write a shell script that calls two external Perl functions--one of which sorts the data in a file, and... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kowit010
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to check read/write/execute permission for 'others'

I want to check access rights permissions not for 'user', not for 'group', but for 'others'. I want to do it by system command in which i want to use 'ls -l' and 'awk' command. I have written the following program : #!/usr/bin/local/perl #include <stdlib.h> system ("ls -l | awk... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubhamsachdeva
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read user input, Encrypt the data and write to file

Hi, can some one help me how to encrypt and decrypt a file. AIM: reade user input, encrypt it and save it to file. while decryption read the encrypted file decrypt it and save the output in some variable. Example: consider we have Credentials.txt file with content username: password... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to write text file data to excel using UNIX shell script?

Hi All, I have the requirement in unix shell script. I want to write the "ls -ltr" command out put to excel file as below. Input :text file data : drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x 2 apx aim 4096 Nov 29 18:40 drwxr-xr-x 5 root root 4096 Oct 2 12:26 drwxr-xr-x... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Balasankar
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a perl script to read and write the data

Hi, I have on Designdocument in that information is stored with in tabular format.I need Perlscript to read and write the datausing perl script? Regards, Ravi (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: toravi.pentaho
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl write and read on same file

Hi, I am trying to do a write operation followed by a read operation on the same file through Perl, expecting the output produced by read to contain the new lines added, as follows: #! /usr/bin/perl -w open FH, "+< testfile" or die "$@"; print FH "New content added\n"; while (my $line =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read/write perl file

Hi I am trying to build a web form where it can take the input from the user and write it to a file. And when I will open that form again that for should read the file that was created at the 1st step and all the fields should auto populate from that file. I have 20 text fields in my form. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sauravrout
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

In PErl script: need to read the data one file and generate multiple files based on the data

We have the data looks like below in a log file. I want to generat files based on the string between two hash(#) symbol like below Source: #ext1#test1.tale2 drop #ext1#test11.tale21 drop #ext1#test123.tale21 drop #ext2#test1.tale21 drop #ext2#test12.tale21 drop #ext3#test11.tale21 drop... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sanjeev G
5 Replies
PERLMACHTEN(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide					    PERLMACHTEN(1)

NAME
README.machten - Perl version 5 on Power MachTen systems DESCRIPTION
This document describes how to build Perl 5 on Power MachTen systems, and discusses a few wrinkles in the implementation. Compiling Perl 5 on MachTen To compile perl under MachTen 4.1.4 (and probably earlier versions): ./Configure -de make make test make install This builds and installs a statically-linked perl; MachTen's dynamic linking facilities are not adequate to support Perl's use of dynami- cally linked libraries. (See hints/machten.sh for more information.) You should have at least 32 megabytes of free memory on your system before running the "make" command. For much more information on building perl -- for example, on how to change the default installation directory -- see INSTALL. Failures during "make test" on MachTen op/lexassign.t This test may fail when first run after building perl. It does not fail subsequently. The cause is unknown. pragma/warnings.t Test 257 fails due to a failure to warn about attempts to read from a filehandle which is a duplicate of stdout when stdout is attached to a pipe. The output of the test contains a block comment which discusses a different failure, not applicable to MachTen. The root of the problem is that Machten does not assign a file type to either end of a pipe (see stat), resulting, among other things in Perl's "-p" test failing on file descriptors belonging to pipes. As a result, perl becomes confused, and the test for reading from a write-only file fails. I am reluctant to patch perl to get around this, as it's clearly an OS bug (about which Tenon has been informed), and limited in its effect on practical Perl programs. Building external modules on MachTen To add an external module to perl, build in the normal way, which is documented in ExtUtils::MakeMaker, or which can be driven automati- cally by the CPAN module (see CPAN), which is part of the standard distribution. If you want to install a module which contains XS code (C or C++ source which compiles to object code for linking with perl), you will have to replace your perl binary with a new version containing the new statically-linked object module. The build process tells you how to do this. There is a gotcha, however, which users usually encounter immediately they respond to CPAN's invitation to "install Bundle::CPAN". When installing a bundle -- a group of modules which together achieve some particular purpose, the installation process for later modules in the bundle tends to assume that earlier modules have been fully installed and are available for use. This is not true on a statically-linked system for earlier modules which contain XS code. As a result the installation of the bundle fails. The work-around is not to install the bundle as a one-shot operation, but instead to see what modules it contains, and install these one-at-a-time by hand in the order given. AUTHOR
Dominic Dunlop <domo@computer.org> DATE
Version 1.0.1 2000-03-27 perl v5.8.0 2003-02-18 PERLMACHTEN(1)