Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Trap Oracle error in shell script Post 302835781 by millan on Tuesday 23rd of July 2013 02:41:19 AM
Old 07-23-2013
Trap Oracle error in shell script

Code:

sqlplus -s usrname/password@dbSID <<-SQL >> logfile
@create_table.sql
commit;
quit;
SQL

I am running this script to execute an sql file.
I want to display the oracle error if anything found during execution of the sql file and exit from script.

Please suggest How do it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Shell script on Oracle hot backup got an error

Hi Unix Shell Script Expert, We have a robust shell script (from old time) for our 9i database hot backup but generated error: Shell Script Content: #check for auto log mode and redirect as early as possible # autolog_enable $AUTOLOG_MODE $ORACLE_BASE/${ORASID_LOW}log/cron_hotbackup.log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oradbus
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to use trap command in shell script

Right now I have implemented autossh between ServerA & ServerB which are sun solaris based. I have made this shell script. I am facing one problem which I am going to discuss now. The problem is when I sftp some files (suppose there is 10 files I have to transfer through sftp) from one server to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trap ctrl c in shell script

how to trap the ctrl c in unix shell script my script is running in while loop it should not be terminate with ctrl c. if i press ctrl c while running script it shloud ignore the same. please healp.......... thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arvindng
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Want to trap script error and return line number of failure

Hey all UNIX nerds- I've built a shell script which runs pretty well- only I want it to have much better error trapping. (Like the kind I could apply to every shell script I write). I'm not a UNIX genius, and could really use a bit of help. The original script goes something like this: 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevekerver
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How trap a signal in shell script?

Hi , i have a scenario where...i have to put a check where if script is executing more than 15mins i have to kill that script and n retry again 2nd time. i this case i can use background process to do it but i feel trap will be the efficent way to do so... but i dont know much about it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

KSH script help needed ( nice error trap routine ?)

I am running a script that runs a loop and executes a command on ${i} until the end of the for loop. From time to time the command generates an error ( which is good) for example ERROR0005: How can I trap the error and send an email echoing the ${i} variable in the loop and the error ? ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcpinkerton
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to call Oracle archive backup script when file system reaches threshold value

Hello All, I need immediate help in creating shell script to call archivebkup.ksh script when archive file system capacity reaches threshold value or 60% Need to identify the unique file system that reaches threshold value. ex: capacity ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sasikanthdba
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to set trap for finding cron job failures

Unix box: solaris 5.8 Server: IP Need to to set trap for cron job failures by writing a shell script (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChandruBala73
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to find the wrong filename in a path and raise a trap for it

Example: I have server name A with an IP : 125.252.235.455 I have an username /password to login into this server under SSH connection In this server i have a path /apps/user/filename(Big.txt) Everyday we used to get the filename as Big.txt. I want a shell script to monitor this path... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ChandruBala73
4 Replies
RADSQLRELAY(8)						     FreeRADIUS helper program						    RADSQLRELAY(8)

NAME
radsqlrelay - relay SQL queries to a central database server SYNOPSIS
radsqlrelay [-?] [-d sql_driver] [-b database] [-f file] [-h host] [-u user] [-P port] [-p password] [-1] [-x] file_path DESCRIPTION
radsqlrelay tails a SQL logfile and forwards the queries to a database server. Used to replicate accounting records to one (central) data- base, even if the database has extended downtime. The SQL logfile is created by the rlm_sql_log module. The module must be configured in the radiusd server before you can use radsqlrelay. OPTIONS
-? Print usage help information. -d sql_driver Driver to use: mysql, pg, oracle. -b database Name of the database to use. -f file Read password from file, instead of command line. -h host Connect to host. -u user User for login. -P port Port number to use for connection. -p password Password to use when connecting to server. -1 One-shot mode: push the file to database and exit. -x Turn on debugging. file_path The pathname of the SQL logfile to use. NOTES
Oracle driver The command "radsqlrelay -d oracle -b db.domain.tld sql-relay" reads the database description stored in $TNS_ADMIN/tnsnames.ora: db.domain.tld = (DESCRIPTION = (ADDRESS_LIST = (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = db.domain.tld)(PORT = 1521)) ) (CONNECT_DATA = (SERVICE_NAME = <DB SID>) ) ) SEE ALSO
rlm_sql_log(5) AUTHOR
Nicolas Baradakis <nicolas.baradakis@cegetel.net> 19 June 2005 RADSQLRELAY(8)