Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy UNIX File into a DSN with a specific Format Post 302835615 by Corona688 on Monday 22nd of July 2013 06:42:51 PM
Old 07-22-2013
Why are you piping into rm ? It does not read from standard input, any more than cp does.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash copy file contents into an existing file at a specific location

Hi all I need to copy the entire contents of one file into an existing file at a specific location. I know the exact line number where I need to put it. It appears I would use either sed or awk to do this, but I have been unsuccessful so far: File A line 1 line 2 line 3 line 4 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gshepherd7
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning a specific format to a specific column in a text file using awk and printf

Hi, I have the following text file: 8 T1mapping_flip02 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000008-000001.dcm 9 T1mapping_flip05 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000009-000001.dcm 10 T1mapping_flip10 ok 128 108 30 1 665000-000010-000001.dcm 11 T1mapping_flip15 ok 128 108 30... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goodbenito
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specific file.txt in specific folder?

hye there... i have a problem to copy file in specific folder that will change the name according to host,time(%m%s) and date(%Y%M%D) example folder name: host_20100531.154101801 this folder name will always change... but i just want to copy the AAA.txt and BBB.txt file.. really need... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: annetote
17 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check for file name of specific format using find?

I have to find the specific formatted file is present in the received list in the directory, for which I have written: file_list=`ls -lrt /tmp/vinay/act/files |grep "$cdate"| awk '{print $9}'` while read fileStr do find $file_list $fileStr > /dev/null status=`echo $?` if ; then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: IND123
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting windows format file to unix format using script

Hi, I am having couple of files which i used to copy from windows to Linux, so now in case of text files (CTRL^M) appears at end of line. I know i can convert this windows format file to unix format file by running dos2unix. My requirement here is that i want to do it automatically using a... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarbjit
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy specific files when you don't know the file name?

I hope this isn't as silly as it sounds from the title of the thread. I have software that outputs files where the name starts with a real number followed by underscore as a prefix to an input file name. These will list in the directory with the file with the smallest real number prefix as the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Quick UNIX command to display specific lines in the middle of a file from/to specific word

This could be a really dummy question. I have a log text file. What unix command to extract line from specific string to another specific string. Is it something similar to?: more +/"string" file_name Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aku
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy specific file (different but same name) as folder name

I have to copy a particular file present in a main folder having part of the file-name present in many sub-folders to a new destination preserving the name of the source "part of the main folder" and previous file-name of the output file: Example: From /005_0/1000/005.xxx ->... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: wappor
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Copy file of specific location

Dear All, I need to transfer all files present in one location to another but those files should be of specific extension like. Find and copy all files of extension .xls, .pdf, .txt from location usr/tmp to location /per/Treat (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yadavricky
6 Replies

10. AIX

I cannot find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX

Where can I find dsn and TNSNAMES.ora on UNIX AIX Thanks for contribution (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: digioleg54
3 Replies
PDO_SQLSRV-DSN(3)							 1							 PDO_SQLSRV-DSN(3)

PDO_SQLSRV DSN - Connecting to MS SQL Server and SQL Azure databases

The PDO_SQLSRV Data Source Name (DSN) is composed of the following elements:

o DSN prefix
		- The DSN prefix is sqlsrv:.

o APP - The application name used in tracing.

o ConnectionPooling - Specifies whether the connection is assigned from a connection pool (1 or TRUE) or not (0 or FALSE).

o Database - The name of the database.

o Encrypt - Specifies whether the communication with SQL Server is encrypted (1 or TRUE) or unencrypted (0 or FALSE).

o Failover_Partner  - Specifies the server and instance of the database's mirror (if enabled and configured) to use when the primary
		server is unavailable.

o LoginTimeout - Specifies the number of seconds to wait before failing the connection attempt.

o MultipleActiveResultSets - Disables or explicitly enables support for multiple active Result sets (MARS).

o QuotedId - Specifies whether to use SQL-92 rules for quoted identifiers (1 or TRUE) or to use  legacy  Transact-SQL  rules  (0	or
		false).

o Server - The name of the database server.

o TraceFile - Specifies the path for the file used for trace data.

o TraceOn - Specifies whether ODBC tracing is enabled (1 or TRUE) or disabled (0 or FALSE) for the connection being established.

o TransactionIsolation   -  Specifies  the  transaction  isolation  level.  The  accepted  values  for  this  option  are  PDO::SQL-
		SRV_TXN_READ_UNCOMMITTED, PDO::SQLSRV_TXN_READ_COMMITTED, PDO::SQLSRV_TXN_REPEATABLE_READ, PDO::SQLSRV_TXN_SNAPSHOT, and PDO::SQL-
		SRV_TXN_SERIALIZABLE.

o TrustServerCertificate	-  Specifies  whether the client should trust (1 or TRUE) or reject (0 or FALSE) a self-signed server cer-
		tificate.

o WSID - Specifies the name of the computer for tracing.

Example #1

PDO_SQLSRV DSN examples

The following example shows how to connecto to a specified MS SQL Server database:

$c = new PDO("sqlsrv:Server=localhost;Database=testdb", "UserName", "Password");

The following example shows how to connect to a MS SQL Server database on a specified port:

$c = new PDO("sqlsrv:Server=localhost,1521;Database=testdb", "UserName", "Password");

The following example shows how to connecto to a SQL Azure database with server ID 12345abcde. Note that when you  connect  to  SQL
	      Azure with PDO, your username will be UserName@12345abcde (UserName@ServerId).

$c = new PDO("sqlsrv:Server=12345abcde.database.windows.net;Database=testdb", "UserName@12345abcde", "Password");

PHP Documentation Group 													 PDO_SQLSRV-DSN(3)