Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Output to csv contains quotes Post 302835609 by RudiC on Monday 22nd of July 2013 06:27:27 PM
Old 07-22-2013
I can't see where all those quotes are added (unless uuencode does so, which would surprise me). Please post the contents of email.csv before being uuencoded and mailed.

BTW - as this is a sheer ASCII file, no need to uuencode - that's intended to be used on binary files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace value with double quotes of specific coulmn value in csv file

Hi, I am trying to replace a specific column values in a csv file with double quotes. Example: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert,74538,12 2,Sam,07564,13 3,Kim, Ed,12345,14 Desired Output: SNO,NAME,ZIPCODE,RANK 1,Robert Ken,74538,12 2,Sam Mik,"07564",13 3,"Kim, Ed",12345,14 I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fix CSV file with column missing quotes

I have a CSV file that is missing quotes around a column that contains text with commas. Example: Column1, Column2, Column3, Column4, Column5, Column6 Data1, Data2, Data3, Data, 4, Data5, Data6 Data1, Data3, Data3, Data, text, 4, Data5, Data6 I think the easiest way for me to fix this is to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EmptyH
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing comma with in double quotes in a csv file

Hello, I need to read a csv file and I am trying to replace a comma with a text DSEE?DSEE. Example Input "Chapter","NewTrains, "oldTrains","Delayed",10,"London" "Chapter","Newbuses,oldbuses","On Time",20,"London" Output "Chapter","NewTrainsDSEE?DSEE... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkatvani
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

adding quotes around each column in a csv file

I saved the csv file in a comma delimited format. Sample input input.csv 1 abc 2 2 def 4 3 ghi 6 4 jkl 8 5 mno 10 output.csv should look like this with single quotes around each field '1' 'abc' '2' '2' 'def' '4' '3' 'ghi' '6' '4' 'jkl' '8' '5' 'mno' '10' Please help me :confused:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: melannie
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excel CSV with Double Quotes and Carriage Returns

Hi List, I am sure this issue must have been encountered before. I have saved an excel CSV and sent it to my linux box where I require to parse it as a CSV line by line. The file displays fine in Excel with csv headers and consistent records and fields. However when I look at it in linux I see... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK or SED. Need to replace the commas between double quotes in CSV file

Hello experts, I need to validate a csv file which contains data like this: Sample.csv "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 "ABCD","I",23,0,9,,"23/12/2012","OK","Street,State, 91135",0 I just need to check if all the records contain exactly the number of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert csv to pipe delimited except the ones in double quotes

I have a csv data file : A,B,C,D,"A,B",E,"GG,H" E,F,G,H,I,J,"S,P" I need to replace all "," with "|" except the ones between double quotes i.e A|B|C|D|"A,B"|E|"GG,H" E|F|G|H|I|J|"S,P" CAn someone assist? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shivdatta
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete the commas in a .CSV file that are enclosed in a string with double quotes?

Okay, I would like to delete all the commas in a .CSV file (TEST.CSV) or at least substitute them with empty space, that are enclosed in double quote. Please see the sample file as below: column 1,column 2,column 3,column 4,column 5,column 6,column 7,column 8,column 9,column 10... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhruuv369
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that should remove unnecessary commas between double quotes in CSV file

i have data as below 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23, BT","Eco Bank,Blantyre,Malawi" i need an output to be 123,"paul phiri",paul@yahoo.com,"po.box 23 BT","Eco Bank Blantyre Malawi" (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mathias23
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace Double quotes within double quotes in a column with space while loading a CSV file

Hi All, I'm unable to load the data using sql loader where there are double quotes within the double quotes As these are optionally enclosed by double quotes. Sample Data : "221100",138.00,"D","0019/1477","44012075","49938","49938/15043000","Television - 22" Refurbished - Airwave","Supply... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlavanya
6 Replies
BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)					      General Commands Manual						 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)

NAME
bb-csvinfo.cgi - CGI program to show host information from a CSV file SYNOPSIS
bb-csvinfo.cgi DESCRIPTION
bb-csvinfo.cgi is invoked as a CGI script via the bb-csvinfo.sh CGI wrapper. Based on the parameters it receives, it searches a comma- separated file for the matching host, and presents the information found as a table. bb-csvinfo.cgi is passed a QUERY_STRING environment variable with the following parameters: key (string to search for, typically hostname) column (columnnumber to search - default 0) db (name of the CSV database file in $BBHOME/etc/, default hostinfo.csv) delimiter (delimiter character for columns, default semi-colon) CSV files are easily created from e.g. spreadsheets, by exporting them in CSV format. You should have one host per line, with the first line containing the column headings. Despite their name, the default delimiter for CSV files is the semi-colon - if you need a different delimiter, invoke bb-csvinfo.cgi with the "delimiter=<character>" in the query string. Example usage This example shows how you can use the bb-csvinfo CGI. It assumes you have a CSV-formatted file with information about the hosts stored as $BBHOME/etc/hostinfo.csv, and the hostname is in the first column of the file. Use with the bbgen --docurl The --docurl option to bbgen(1) sets up all of the hostnames on your Xymon webpages to act as links to a CGI script. To invoke the bb-csvinfo CGI script, run bbgen with the option --docurl=/cgi-bin/bb-csvinfo.sh?db=hostinfo.csv&key=%s SEE ALSO
bb-hosts(5), hobbitserver.cfg(5), bbgen(1) Xymon Version 4.2.3: 4 Feb 2009 BB-CSVINFO.CGI(1)