Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers awk code to reconstruct sequence from alignment Post 302835571 by Don Cragun on Monday 22nd of July 2013 04:12:04 PM
Old 07-22-2013
Fahmida, for future reference, note that you could have edited the 1st message in this thread to add CODE tags instead of duplicating it in a new message. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

PrintF and AWK => Center Alignment?

Alright, I'm relativly new to the Unix enviroment and C in general. I'm writing a script for AWK to search through a file and return what it finds with a center alignment, but so far, I can't get it to work. If anyone could help me out, I'd really appreciate it. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mavrick3020
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tools for alignment of code?

Hello, Do we have any freeware which helps in alignment of code wrt spaces, sections etc? Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: eagercyber
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

suffix a sequence in awk

hi I have a string pattern like ... ... 000446448742 00432265 040520100408 21974435 DEWSWATER GARRIER AAG IK4000 N 017500180000000000000000077000000000100 000446448742 00580937 040520100408 32083576 PEWSWATER BARRIER DAG GK4000 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zainravi
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

find common entries and match the number with long sequence and cut that sequence in output

Hi all, I have a file like this ID 3BP5L_HUMAN Reviewed; 393 AA. AC Q7L8J4; Q96FI5; Q9BQH8; Q9C0E3; DT 05-FEB-2008, integrated into UniProtKB/Swiss-Prot. DT 05-JUL-2004, sequence version 1. DT 05-SEP-2012, entry version 71. FT COILED 59 140 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manigrover
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using awk and/or sed to reconstruct a file

So I have a file in the following format >*42 abssdfalsdfkjfuf asdhfskdkdklllllllffl eiffejcif >2 dfhucujf dhfjdkfhskskkkkk eifjvujf ddftttyy yyy >~ ojcufk kcdheycjc djcyfjf and I would like it to output abssdfalsdfkjfufasdhfskdkdklllllllffleiffejcif (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viored
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

> dpkg-deb to Extract and Reconstruct a Multipart Archive???

Greetings! Here's one which has been bugging me for a bit ;) As might be known, LibreOffice is available to some of us Linux folk as a large set of debs. Of course, being a curious sort, I'd like to dig in and recreate the original tree which is composed of these assorted archives. So, I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LinQ
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Inserting IDs from a text file into a sequence alignment file

Hi, I have one file with one column and several hundred entries File1: NA1 NA2 NA3And now I need to run a command within a mapping aligner tool to insert these sample names into a sequence alignment file (SAM) such that they look like this @RG ID:Library1 SM:NA1 PL:Illumina ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nans
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sequence of conditions awk

hello gurus, I want to use an associative array from a file to populate a field of another file, by matching several columns in order of priority. If the first column matches, then i dont want to match $2. Similarly I only want to match $3 when $1 and $2 are not in associative array. For the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritakadm
6 Replies

9. AIX

Power RAID10 array reconstruct fails ?

Hello, P7 machine PCI Express x8 Planar 3Gb SAS Adapter RAID10 array(2 disks)(not AIX lvm) was configured and working, then one disk failed and IBM support replaced that. Now raid array is degraded, data is not lost. I see new disk model(same as original) serial and etc. What I did trying... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Help with awk alignment

Dear All, I am in the beginning stage of learning shell scripting and preparing shell script on my own now. I would like to get help from fellow mates here. As I am trying to take O/P with space included from I/P table. Kindly guide me to align given I/P table as Expected O/P. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raja007
5 Replies
msgb(9S)						    Data Structures for Drivers 						  msgb(9S)

NAME
msgb, mblk - STREAMS message block structure SYNOPSIS
#include <sys/stream.h> INTERFACE LEVEL
Architecture independent level 1 (DDI/DKI) DESCRIPTION
A STREAMS message is made up of one or more message blocks, referenced by a pointer to a msgb structure. The b_next and b_prev pointers are used to link messages together on a QUEUE. The b_cont pointer links message blocks together when a message consists of more than one block. Each msgb structure also includes a pointer to a datab(9S) structure, the data block (which contains pointers to the actual data of the message), and the type of the message. STRUCTURE MEMBERS
struct msgb *b_next; /* next message on queue */ struct msgb *b_prev; /* previous message on queue */ struct msgb *b_cont; /* next message block */ unsigned char *b_rptr; /* 1st unread data byte of buffer */ unsigned char *b_wptr; /* 1st unwritten data byte of buffer */ struct datab *b_datap; /* pointer to data block */ unsigned char b_band; /* message priority */ unsigned short b_flag; /* used by stream head */ Valid flags are as follows: MSGMARK Last byte of message is marked. MSGDELIM Message is delimited. The msgb structure is defined as type mblk_t. SEE ALSO
datab(9S) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide SunOS 5.10 11 Apr 1991 msgb(9S)