Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Booting Solaris LDOMS Control Domains Post 302835543 by aeroforce on Monday 22nd of July 2013 03:13:52 PM
Old 07-22-2013
Sun Booting Solaris LDOMS Control Domains

We are having a discussion on what order LDOMS and control domains should be booted.
I think it should be LDOMS first then Control. Can anyone tell me why I am wrong or why I am right.

Thanks,
Smilie

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Migrating Solaris 8, 9 to Guest Domains (LDOMs)

Hi Everyone, one question is it possible to migrate a physical standalone Solaris 8 or 9 OS to Guest Domain (LDOMs). If yes, can someone please provide steps to migrate these OS to LDOMs. Thanks, Kartheek. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bobby320
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Ldoms not booting from vdisk

I have a T5220 with following configuration of hypervisor and OS # ldm -V Logical Domains Manager (v 2.1) Hypervisor control protocol v 1.7 Using Hypervisor MD v 1.3 System PROM: Hypervisor v. 1.10.4 @(#)Hypervisor 1.10.4 2011/11/17 15:00\015 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: fugitive
1 Replies

3. Solaris

Help needed - trying to run commands in Guest LDoms from Control LDOM

Hi Folks, I am used to writing scripts to get info by running commands at local zones level from their respective global zone by using zlogin <localzone> "command>" while remaining at the global zone level. Can the same be done with Guest LDoms while remaining at the control LDOM level? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: momin
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Help required with Solaris LDoms

System: SPARC S7-2 Server; 2x8-core CPUs; 128Gb RAM; 2x600Gb HDD. I am trying to figure out how to run these is multiple Virtual Machines (LDoms). Unfortunately I cannot find a tutorial so am using the Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.4 Administration Guide; which is frustrating because it assumes a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: apmcd47
4 Replies
asadmin-start-appserv(1AS)					   User Commands					asadmin-start-appserv(1AS)

NAME
asadmin-start-appserv, start-appserv - starts thedomains in the specified or default domains directory SYNOPSIS
start-appserv [--domaindir install_dir/domains] [--terse=false] [--echo=false] DESCRIPTION
This command has been deprecated. Please use start-domain to start the domains in the specified or default domains directory. start-appserv starts the domains in the specified or default domains direcotry. If the domains directory is not specified, the domains in the default domains directory are started. The default domains directory is install_dir/domains. This command can only be run locally. OPTIONS
--domaindir directory where the domains are started. If specified, path must be accessible in the filesystem. If not specified, the domains are started in the default install_dir/domains directory. --terse indicates that any output data must be very concise, typically avoiding human-friendly sentences and favoring well- formatted data for consumption by a script. Default is false. --echo setting to true will echo the command line statement on the standard output. Default is false. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command asadmin-create-domain(1AS), asadmin-start-domain(1AS), asadmin-stop-domain(1AS), asadmin-delete-domain(1AS), asadmin-list-domains(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-start-appserv(1AS)