Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find latest date in folder
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find latest date in folder Post 302835533 by pareshkp on Monday 22nd of July 2013 02:46:39 PM
Old 07-22-2013
NO Base on modification !!!!

I want base on date !!!!

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please hold the exclamation marks

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 07-22-2013 at 04:16 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the latest file from a folder

Hi, I have a problem. I have some text files in a folder. The names can be like: emp_20080307053015.dat emp_20080306053015.dat emp_20080305053015.dat emp_20080304053015.dat The date format appended is like yyyymmdd and timestamp. What i need is i have to copy the latest file every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswarth
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find latest date and time of the files

Hi everyone, Please help:) I have a list of 1000 different files which comes daily to the directory.Some of the files are not coming to the directory now. I need to write a shell script to find the latest date and time of the files they came to the directory. The files should be unique.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthicss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying latest file into a folder

Hello all, this is my first post while i am trying to understand unix. I would basically like to know if i can do this: Lets say i have a folderA and folderB And i save something in folderA Can i make a script that checks folderA latest file, then compares it with the date of latest file in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: takissd
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find folder size with created date

hi, please give me adivse .how to find the folder size with created created date . eg: i have directore and in that sub directoties and so on.. /home/mud/abc/dcb/ for this i want output like this path size date -------------------------------------------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muddasani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest folder

Hi, I want to find out the files that are created the recent, how can I do it? find . -type d ( i dont know what option to use to find the latest, it can be 1 day old or 10 days, but want to pick the latest one only) Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

How can I find the size of files added to a folder after a particular date

Hi, I want to find the size of the files added to a folder after a certain date(say 1st of october), I know we can list the files which were created after a certain date , but is there anyway to find the total size of those files ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alookachaloo
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the latest (last file) in given folder

#!/bin/bash for i in {1..1536..1} do #find /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs for a in /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs/* do #max=a for b in /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs/* do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find last updated date and time of a folder in Perl?

Hi All, I have a process which after some time continues move a files to some folder(say the name of the folder is logdir) What i am trying to do is as the files are coming to the logdir folder, I want the latest updated time and date of the folder in PERL. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest file based on the date in the filename

Hi, We've a list of files that gets created on a weekly basis and it has got a date and time embedded to it. Below are the examples. I want to find out how to get the latest files get the date and time stamp out of it. Files are PQR123.PLL.M989898.201308012254.gpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete oldest folder based on folder named as date

Hi, I have a script doing backup to synology server, the script create new folder each day with the date as being folder name i.e. 2018-07-30. Just before creating the new folder I want the script to find the oldest folder from the list and delete it including its content. for example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
3 Replies
qmail-pw2u(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     qmail-pw2u(8)

NAME
qmail-pw2u - build address assignments from a passwd file SYNOPSIS
qmail-pw2u [ -/ohHuUC ] [ -cchar ] DESCRIPTION
qmail-pw2u reads a V7-format passwd file from standard input and prints a qmail-users-format assignment file. A V7-format passwd file is a series of lines. Each line has the format user:password:uid:gid:gecos:home:shell where user is an account name, uid and gid are the user id and group id of that account, and home is the account's home directory. pass- word, gecos, and shell are ignored by qmail-pw2u. If you put the output of qmail-pw2u into /var/lib/qmail/users/assign, and then run qmail-newu, qmail-lspawn will obey the assignments printed by qmail-pw2u. WARNING: After changing any users, uids, gids, or home directories in your passwd file, you must run qmail-pw2u and qmail-newu again if you want qmail-lspawn to see the changes. RULES
By default, qmail-pw2u follows the same rules as qmail-getpw. It skips user if (1) uid is zero, (2) home does not exist, (3) user does not own home, or (4) user contains uppercase letters. It then gives each remaining user control over the basic user address and all addresses of the form user-anything. A catch-all user, alias, controls all other addresses. You may change these rules by setting up files in /var/lib/qmail/users: include Allowed users, one per line. If include exists, and user is not listed in include, user is ignored. exclude Ignored users, one per line. If exclude exists, and user is listed in exclude, user is ignored. mailnames Replacement names for users. Each line has the form user:mailname1:mailname2:... The addresses mailname1 and mailname1-ext and mailname2 and so on will be delivered to user. WARNING: The addresses user and user-ext will not be delivered to user unless user is listed as one of the mailnames. A line in mailnames is silently ignored if the user does not exist. subusers Extra addresses. Each line has the form sub:user:pre: sub will be handled by home/.qmail-pre, where home is user's home directory; sub-ext will be handled by home/.qmail-pre-ext. append Extra assignments, printed at the end of qmail-pw2u's output. OPTIONS
-o (Default.) Skip user if home does not exist (or is not visible to qmail-pw2u). Skip user if home is not owned by user. -h Stop if home does not exist. This is appropriate if every user is supposed to have a home directory. Skip user if home is not owned by user. -H Do not check the existence or ownership of home. -U (Default.) Skip user if there are any uppercase letters in user. -u Allow uppercase letters in user. -cchar Use char as the user-extension delimiter in place of -. -C Disable the user-extension mechanism. -/ Use home/.qmail-/... instead of home/.qmail-... SEE ALSO
qmail-users(5), qmail-lspawn(8), qmail-newu(8), qmail-getpw(8) qmail-pw2u(8)