Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find latest date in folder
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find latest date in folder Post 302835523 by pareshkp on Monday 22nd of July 2013 02:23:07 PM
Old 07-22-2013
Find latest date in folder

HI

I have folder in home dir.
Code:
/home/kpp/07222013
/home/kpp/07212013
/home/kpp/07202013

Output :--

Code:
/home/kpp/07222013

Just find latest date

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the latest file from a folder

Hi, I have a problem. I have some text files in a folder. The names can be like: emp_20080307053015.dat emp_20080306053015.dat emp_20080305053015.dat emp_20080304053015.dat The date format appended is like yyyymmdd and timestamp. What i need is i have to copy the latest file every... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aswarth
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find latest date and time of the files

Hi everyone, Please help:) I have a list of 1000 different files which comes daily to the directory.Some of the files are not coming to the directory now. I need to write a shell script to find the latest date and time of the files they came to the directory. The files should be unique.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karthicss
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying latest file into a folder

Hello all, this is my first post while i am trying to understand unix. I would basically like to know if i can do this: Lets say i have a folderA and folderB And i save something in folderA Can i make a script that checks folderA latest file, then compares it with the date of latest file in... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: takissd
16 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find folder size with created date

hi, please give me adivse .how to find the folder size with created created date . eg: i have directore and in that sub directoties and so on.. /home/mud/abc/dcb/ for this i want output like this path size date -------------------------------------------... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: muddasani
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest folder

Hi, I want to find out the files that are created the recent, how can I do it? find . -type d ( i dont know what option to use to find the latest, it can be 1 day old or 10 days, but want to pick the latest one only) Thanks, (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

How can I find the size of files added to a folder after a particular date

Hi, I want to find the size of the files added to a folder after a certain date(say 1st of october), I know we can list the files which were created after a certain date , but is there anyway to find the total size of those files ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alookachaloo
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy the latest (last file) in given folder

#!/bin/bash for i in {1..1536..1} do #find /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs for a in /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs/* do #max=a for b in /home/test/Desktop/up111/workplace/Malware/$i/logs/* do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: upvan111
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find last updated date and time of a folder in Perl?

Hi All, I have a process which after some time continues move a files to some folder(say the name of the folder is logdir) What i am trying to do is as the files are coming to the logdir folder, I want the latest updated time and date of the folder in PERL. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find the latest file based on the date in the filename

Hi, We've a list of files that gets created on a weekly basis and it has got a date and time embedded to it. Below are the examples. I want to find out how to get the latest files get the date and time stamp out of it. Files are PQR123.PLL.M989898.201308012254.gpg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete oldest folder based on folder named as date

Hi, I have a script doing backup to synology server, the script create new folder each day with the date as being folder name i.e. 2018-07-30. Just before creating the new folder I want the script to find the oldest folder from the list and delete it including its content. for example... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: humble_learner
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-02-27 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3)