Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Log file being not generated in crontab Post 302835305 by PikK45 on Monday 22nd of July 2013 08:08:36 AM
Old 07-22-2013
I dont see any definition for this variable.

$LOG_FILE

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

get the last generated log file

Hi I need to get the last generated file in a directory using ls -ltr. I need to store the output of ls -ltr in a variable. it will like this $xyz = -rw-rw-r-- 1 sblp003 siebel 1060 Dec 18 13:33 from this output, I need to do a substring to get this value alone "Dec 18... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ragha81
8 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Crontab Error - creating zero byte log file

Hi, I am trying to run a shell script using the crontab scheduler, and I am redirecting the log of the script output to some temp log file using the following command. sh somescript.sh 1> /location/somefile.log Evrytime the cronjob triggers this script, It creates a zero byte file in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSDexter
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log file not getting generated

Hi , Log file is not getting generated. any suggestion? Thanks date1=$(date '+%m/%d/%y-%H:%M:%S') log="wrapper.log.$date1" echo " somethng" > $log (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajincoep
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve logs generated in last 10 mins from a log file using 'grep' command

HI All, I have a log file where the logs will be in the format as given below: 2011-05-25 02:32:51 INFO PROCESS STARTING 2011-05-25 02:32:52 INFO PROCESS STARTED . . . I want to retrieve only the logs which are less than 5 mins older than current time using grep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rvhg16
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to grep Job File name and Log File name from crontab -l

Hello, I am new to shell scripting. I need to write a shell script where i can grep the name of file ie. .sh file and log file from crontab -l. #51 18 * * * /home/oracle/refresh/refresh_ug634.sh > /home/oracle/refresh/refresh_ug634.sh.log 2>&1 #40 17 * * * /home/oracle/refresh/refresh_ux634.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: guptra
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to grep for a string in log files generated in last 15 minutes.

Dear Guru's I've a requirment to grep for a string in series of log files that are getting generated almost every minute. I'm looking to schedule a script every 15 mountes,in order to check if the error string has been generated in any of the log files generated in last 15 minutes. Please... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajivatnova
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all .log except those generated in the last 5 minutes

RHEL 5.8 In the directory /u03/pkms/app_logs I have several hundreds of log files as shown below. $ pwd /u03/pkms/app_logs $ ls -alrt *.log | tail -50 -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 9439232 May 4 13:57 mvtpcem_1_722892404_94157.log -rw-r----- 1 oracle dba 9227264 May 4 13:57... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to capture hostnames or ip address in the log files generated?

Team, I have prepared a script which I run from my remote machine(Jump-box)server Below is the script FILEDATE=`date +%F` LOGFILE=/home/abc/scripts/xyz.$FILEDATE.log find /home/abc/scripts/xyz.*.log -type f -mtime -3 -delete touch $LOGFILE exec 1>$LOGFILE 2>&1 #healthcheck batch runs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: whizkidash
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Log file generation from crontab

Hi All, Like to enquire whether is it possible for me to append another log file(log2.lst) using my below crontab? I will need to have 2 log files generated; one to collect the daily appended output and another log file that contains only the daily output. Original Code: 00 01 * * *... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowfrost88
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log file is not updating when I run shell scripts scheduled thru crontab

Hi Forum, Good Day! I have created an empty html file wtih permissoin 777 created shell script(with permission 777) , code is below. #=======================start============== . /data09/oracle/apps_st/appl/D_oraapp095.env rm -rf /home/mnp/Test_log.txt echo... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kartheekbk
1 Replies
PTREPACK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       PTREPACK(1)

NAME
ptrepack - Copy any PyTables Leaf, Group or complete subtree into another file. SYNOPSIS
ptrepack -h -v -o -R start,stop,step --non-recursive --dest-title=title --dont-copyuser-attrs --overwrite-nodes --complevel=(0-9) --com- plib=lib --shuffle=(0|1) --fletcher32=(0|1) --keep-source-filters --upgrade-flavors --dont-regenerate-old-indexes sourcefile:sourcegroup destfile:destgroup DESCRIPTION
Copy any Leaf, Group or complete subtree from a PyTables file into another file. OPTIONS
A summary of options is included below. -h Prints a help text. -v Show more information. -o Overwite destination file. -R RANGE Select a RANGE of rows in the form start,stop,step during the copy of all the leaves. --non-recursive Do not do a recursive copy. Default is to do it. --dest-title=title Title for the new file (if not specified, the source is copied). --dont-copy-userattrs Do not copy the user attrs (default is to do it). --overwrite-nodes Overwrite destination nodes if they exist. Default is not to overwrite them. --complevel=(0-9) Set a compression level (0 for no compression, which is the default). --complib=lib Set the compression library to be used during the copy. lib can be set to "zlib", "lzo", "ucl" or "bzip2". Defaults to "zlib". --shuffle=(0|1) Activate or not the shuffling filter (default is active if complevel>0). --fletcher32=(0|1) Whether to activate or not the fletcher32 filter (not active by default). --keep-source-filters Use the original filters in source files. The default is not doing that if any of --complevel, --complib, --shuffle or --fletcher32 option is specified. --upgrade-flavors When repacking PyTables 1.x files, the flavor of leaves will be unset. With this, such a leaves will be serialized as objects with the internal flavor ("numpy" for 2.x series). --dont-regenerate-old-indexes Disable regenerating old indexes. The default is to regenerate old indexes as they are found. SEE ALSO
ptdump(1). These utilities are documented fully by PyTables user's manual. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Francesc Altet <faltet@carabos.com>. July 7, 2007 PTREPACK(1)