Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Poll of sorts - on LDAP
Operating Systems AIX Poll of sorts - on LDAP Post 302835277 by zaxxon on Monday 22nd of July 2013 07:14:13 AM
Old 07-22-2013
I used to engineer and implement it for AIX in my former company.
The server side was a Novell eDirectory; it worked well from a view of the client. I could imagine that other types of LDAP server work as well. Where I work currently there is an MS Active Directory supllying the LDAP data and works well too.

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

select vs poll

Hi, Off late I had been looking at the differences b/w select() & poll() system calls. The requirement is to reduce the overhead, processor power in waiting for the data. In the kind of connections under consideration there would be very frequent data arriving on the sockets, so poll() fares... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: smanu
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Create a script which sorts a file

I have a file below which has a list of users and roles with each row having unique combination of users and roles. USER1 ROLE1 USER1 ROLE2 USER2 USER3 ROLE1 USER3 ROLE2 USER3 ROLE3 USER4 ROLE2 .... .... I am trying to create a script which sorts the above file to have all the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to poll for new files?

Hi , i have a requirement in which i have to ftp files to unix from windows and vice versa. I have to encrypt files in windows which will then be decrypted in unix and vice versa. Now the process needs to be automated ..therefore when windows server or unix server recieves the files a shell... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lifzgud
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script that sorts and show only unique IP

Hi, I have this data: Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 100 Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 70 Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 30 Jun 16 200.242.67.142 = 65 Jun 16 125.77.107.212 = 40 Jun 16 125.77.107.212 = 60 And I want to have the ff ouput: Jun 16 88.191.117.191 = 200 Jun 16 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: linuxgeek
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use poll() for I/O multiplex

Hi, guys: I want to write my own shell using C. I am confused about the usage of I/O multiplex. Does anyone know some examples or explain it to me ? Thanks so much (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tomlee
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

something like LDAP Administrator 2011.1 "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI

Hi I am searching a tool like "LDAP Administrator 2011.1"/ "LDAP-SQL" but for the CLI. Wish to use LDAP-SQL in scripts (non Windows GUI environment) http://ldapadministrator.com/resources/english/2011.1/images/sqlquery_large.png Softerra LDAP Administrator 2011.1 - What's New OS is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
2 Replies

7. Solaris

LDAP Client not connecting to LDAP server

I have very limited knowledge on LDAP configuration and have been trying fix one issue, but unsuccessful. The server, I am working on, is Solaris-10 zone. sudoers is configured on LDAP (its not on local server). I have access to login directly on server with root, but somehow sudo is not working... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
9 Replies
Net::LDAP::Extra::AD(3) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Net::LDAP::Extra::AD(3)

NAME
Net::LDAP::Extra::AD -- AD convenience methods SYNOPSIS
use Net::LDAP::Extra qw(AD); $ldap = Net::LDAP->new( ... ); ... if ($ldap->is_AD || $ldap->is_ADAM) { $ldap->change_ADpassword($dn, $old_password, $new_password); } DESCRIPTION
Net::LDAP::Extra::AD tries to spare users the necessity to reinvent the wheel again and again in order to correctly encode password strings so that they can be used in AD password change operations. To do so, it provides the following methods: METHODS
is_AD ( ) Tell if the LDAP server queried is an Active Directory Domain Controller. As the check is done by querying the root DSE of the directory, it works without being bound to the directory. is_ADAM ( ) Tell if the LDAP server queried is running AD LDS (Active Directory Lightweight Directory Services), previously known as ADAM (Active Directoy Application Mode). As the check is done by querying the root DSE of the directory, it works without being bound to the directory. change_ADpassword ( DN, OLD_PASSWORD, NEW_PASSWORD ) Change the password of the account given by DN from its old value OLD_PASSWORD to the new value NEW_PASSWORD. This method requires encrypted connections. reset_ADpassword ( DN, NEW_PASSWORD, OPTIONS ) Reset the password of the account given by DN to the value given in NEW_PASSWORD. OPTIONS is a list of key/value pairs. The following keys are recognized: force_change If TRUE, the affected user is required to change the password at next login. For this method to work, the caller needs to be bound to AD with sufficient permissions, and the connection needs to be encrypted. AUTHOR
Peter Marschall <peter@adpm.de<gt> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2012 Peter Marschall. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.3 2013-06-07 Net::LDAP::Extra::AD(3)