Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Permission to Oracle server
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Permission to Oracle server Post 302835163 by millan on Monday 22nd of July 2013 02:08:18 AM
Old 07-22-2013
Can u check if you have write permission to the folder inside which you are creating another folder.

Code:

ls -ld foldername

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount: failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

Hi , I have a filesystem on AIX 4.3.3 which i need to share with other clients who use Windows NT and Redhat linux 7.3. I use samba to share this with Windows NT Clients. Now i was to share this with Linux clients. When i try to nfs mount this on Linux i get "mount: failed, reason given by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sushesh
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

security permission logging onto Oracle database

Hello, I'm trying to login to an Oracle databse without entering the user/passwd. The server resides on an AIX 5.1 system, and using LDAP. I'm entering the following command >sqlplus / @ORACLE_SID This should work but for some odd reason I get a login denied. But if I enter the user id... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ctcuser
1 Replies

3. Solaris

root can not change the permission of old oracle archive directory in solaris 8

I am using oracle 9i with sun solaris 8 on Sun E 250 server.earlier we are taking backup of oracle archive files on /orabackup directory.in which archive file are stored with ...arc.Z extension. now we have changed the archive backup directory.now when we are trying to delete earlier directory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahanalok
3 Replies

4. Web Development

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Hello, I've set all permissions for all on my Server folders: chmod a+rwx ServerFolder When I browse to localhost:8000 I receive the following error: You don't have permission to access / on this server. why ? thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Permission to Oracle server to create a directory in a particular path

i need to give permission to ORACLE SERVER to create a directory in a particular path. How to do it?Oracle server is installed on SOLARIS (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafa_fed2
16 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Strange permission issue on Linux server.

Starting sendmail throws this error: I decided to see the permission on the files under /etc/mail and this is the output: # ls -ltr total 284 -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 1847 Jan 27 2014 virtusertable -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 127 Jan 27 2014 trusted-users -rwxr-xr-x. 1 root root 92... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
next(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   next(1)

NAME
next - show the next message (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
next [+foldername] [-[no]header] [-help] [-showproc program] [-noshowproc] [options to showproc] OPTIONS
Displays a one-line header before the message. The header consists of the name of the folder and the message number. This is the default behavior. It can be suppressed with the -noheader option. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Specifies an alternative program to list messages. The default is to use the program defined by the showproc: entry in the file. As with show, you can give options to the showproc program at the command line. These are passed directly to showproc by next. (If you specify an option that has a numerical value, leave no space between the argument and the value. See RESTRICTIONS for more information.) The defaults for this command are: +folder defaults to the current folder -header DESCRIPTION
The command next displays the next message in the current folder. The next message is the one after the current message in the folder. The message that is shown becomes the current message. If you name a folder using the +folder argument, next displays the next message in the folder you specify. That folder becomes the current folder. RESTRICTIONS
The next command is really a link to the show program. As a result, if you make a link to next and that link is not called next, your link will act like show instead. To avoid this, add a profile-entry for the link to your and add the argument next to the entry. Also, if you use the showproc switch to specify an alternative viewer, leave no space between the options specified with the viewer and their values. For example, if you want to use the more command to scroll through messages in your inbox folder, and you want to pause every five lines, you would enter the following command, where there is no space between the option n and the value 5: % next +inbox -showproc more -n5 If there is space between the option n and the value 5, the command interprets 5 as a message number to view. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine the user's Mail directory showproc: Program to show the message FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
show(1), prev(1), mh_profile(4) next(1)