Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Appending date to UNIX Filenames Post 302835131 by harika03 on Monday 22nd of July 2013 02:06:34 AM
Old 07-22-2013
Thanks a lot..Smilie

---------- Post updated 07-22-13 at 01:06 AM ---------- Previous update was 07-21-13 at 11:52 PM ----------

One last help how can I send these filenames(only name of the files) in an email..?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Appending text to a number of similar filenames

Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to append something to filenames based on a wildcard. For example, if I have the following files in a directory: blah1 blah2 blah3 blah4 blah5 I want to rename these all to: blah1.txt blah2.txt blah3.txt blah4.txt blah5.txt Is there a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Djaunl
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date Not appending in log file

Hi experts . . . Sunsolaris 9 version I have the script as below: Am getting log file as : archive_today_.log Please suggest. ################################################## set 'date' dd=$3 mon=$2 export mon yyyy=$6 export yyyy cd /oracle/P47/saparch (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vrjalli
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending date to filename

hi i need to rename a.txt to a_12052008.txt using the batch file i used reanme a.txt a_%date%.txt ......but its done nothing am using win2000 professional edition. system date format is : The current date is: Mon 2008-05-12 can anyone help me to rename thanks aemu (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending date

hi All, Searched forum but couldn't find a solution to this problem: How can I append a file with date in the ninth line? ie I want to insert a line with the current date and time in the ninth line. I tried this: date=`date` awk 'NR==9 {printf "'$date' \n"} {print $0}' abc.log below... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sreejith_VK
10 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting and using date from filenames in a loop

HIya, Having a dumb day whilst writing an archive process in Shell want to extract from the filename the date and archive into tar files based on this, I don't want to use mtime as it may not be the actual file date. The files are -rw-rw---- 1 user admin 100 Aug 29 11:10... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: badg3r
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

appending date at the end of the file

I have file called xx Now i want to rename this file as xxYYYYMMDD_HHMIAM.xls Here is my code.. export DATE1=`date +%Y%m%d` mv xx xx$DATE1 This code renames as xxYYYYMMDD Now how can i append HHMIAM at the end of the file? Any help is appreciated... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: govindts
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

issue on reading the file and appending date

Hi Am having issue on appending time stamp I know the exact file names in the directory like a.dat b.dat c.dat e.dat f.dat I want to read all these file names and append the timestamp to each files like a.dat.20090604,b.dat.20090604 and move to the different directory. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobprabhu
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to extract date out of this filenames

I have filenames filenameA_fg_MMDDYY.tar.gz filenameASPQ_fg_MMDDYY.tar.gz filenameAFTOPHYYINGH_fg_MMDDYY.tar.gz filenameAGHYSW_fg_MMDDYY.tar.gz Is there a way I can extract the date out of these filenames? Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RubinPat
2 Replies

9. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Appending file extensions to filenames in bash scripts

Hi Suppose I have a variable called filename and it it contains the name of a file. I then would like to append an extension to that filename. The filename currently has no extensions. How do I do this? Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
11 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Searching by date range from filenames

Hello all, i have tons of files in folder named like this (yyyymmdd): bookcollection20100729 bookcollection20100730 bookcollection20100731 bookcollection20100801 bookcollection20100802 etc. I need to find files with date range in there names lets say from 2010.07.30 - 2010.08.02 ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Whit3H0rse
10 Replies
PHOTON(1)																 PHOTON(1)

NAME
photon - generates photo albums SYNOPSIS
photon [OPTIONS] [PATH] DESCRIPTION
Photon generates clean, yet configurable, static HTML photo galleries. All of the work is done from the command line, and the resulting output can easily be configured by changing the template files found in /usr/share/photon/templates. To create a new template (skin), first create a new directory: mkdir -p ${HOME}/.photon/templates/my_theme/ Then copy the contents of /usr/share/photon/templates/photonv1/ to this new directory. Photon only needs three files to build pages: index.html used to display the content of a folder image.html used to display the page for an image movie.html used to display the page for a movie If a file is missing, then photon will throw an error and will not run. HOW TO BUILD A GALLERY
Quick start $ photon -o myoutputdir /photos Use the gimp plugin $ photon --resize-plugin=gimp -v -o myoutputdir /photos Change the size for all images and the thumbnail and keep the original photo $ photon --sizelist=0,1600x1200,800x600 --thumbsize=320x240 -o myoutputdir /photos Create a gallery from your custom template (skin) $ photon -k my_theme -o myoutputdir /photos See photon help $ photon --help OPTIONS
-a | --awstats Insert Javascript for Awstats --awstats-url=URL Change default value for Awstats script url -c NAME | --comment Name of the comment file (default .comments) -d NUM | --display-columns=NUM Number of columns in index (default 3) -E | --no-exif Don't include EXIF information in HTML file -f | --force Overwrite non-image generated files (html, javascript, etc) (default no) -ff | --force --force Overwrite image files (default no) -h | --help Print this help -I | --no-index Do not generate the high level index.html -J | --no-javascript Do not use javascript (no shortcuts, ... ) -k | --skin=THEME Skin selector (default photonv1) --print-skins Print out available skins (templates) -l NUM | --display-lines=NUM Number of lines in index (default 5) -m | --movie Movie mode, include link to movie (*.mov) -o NAME | --output-directory=NAME Name of the output directory -s LIST | --sizelist=LIST Image sizes (default 0,1024x768,800x600,640x480). Zero, which is the default, uses the original resolution. W x H specifies the width and height of the image in pixels. -t SIZE | --thumbsize=SIZE Size of thumbnails (default 160x120) -v | --verbose Verbosely print information -V | --version Print program version number -z | --compress Compress the original image if selected (default copy the image) --exif-bordercolor=COLOR Exif window border color (default #008000) --exif-bgcolor=COLOR Exif window background color (default #f0fff0) --exif-fgcolor=COLOR Exif window text color (default black) --body-bgcolor=COLOR Body background color (default #ccccff) --img-bgcolor=COLOR Image background color (default white) --exclude=PATTERN Exclude files matching PATTERN --resize-plugin=PLUG Where PLUG is the program used to create thumbnails internal: fastest method (default) gimp: use Gimp>1.x (better quality) --resize-quality-low=NUM Quality for small image. 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --resize-quality-high=NUM Quality for big image 0 (bad) and 100 (good) --gimp-program=PROG use PROG for gimp SHORTCUTS WHILE VIEWING AN IMAGE
n/SPACE Go to the next image (with the same resolution) p/BACKSPACE Go to the previous image (with the same resolution) s Start/Stop the slideshow +/- Increase/Decrease by one second the slideshow's period h Show shortcut and help i Show Exif information z Change to the higher resolution [NOT YET IMPLEMENTED] SEE ALSO
gimp(1) AUTHOR
Written by Luc Saillard, <luc@saillard.org> Main web site: http://www.saillard.org/programs_and_patches/photon/ This manual page was written by Kevin Coyner <kcoyner@debian.org> for the Debian project but may be used by others. 12/16/2006 PHOTON(1)