Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script is not longer working in the crontab Post 302834989 by vinil on Sunday 21st of July 2013 07:25:31 AM
Old 07-21-2013
so you mean at 2 AM it runs ok manually ?What are the file permissions of script? Any error message received post here.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

my account is no longer working

my account mhm4 is no longer working (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhm4
9 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is not working when put in crontab

Hi there, this is part of my script: /usr/bin/cd /u01/oradata /usr/bin/cp `/bin/ls -1 . |grep -v "^DIMStemp01.dbf$" | grep -v "^DIMSts01.dbf$"|grep -v "^DIMStects01.dbf$"` /backup It's working fine when I manually run on telnet session. /bin/ls -1 . -- to list all the files inside... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: *Jess*
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script not working from crontab, executes individual

Hi, This script is working successfully when i executed from shell prompt, but the same script scheduled in crontab its not deleting the files, #! /bin/bash DAY_1=`(date --date='4 months ago' '+%Y-%m')` log=/tmp/cleant adir=/u01/app/oracle/admin/talon/adump... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saha
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect Script Not working with Crontab

I have the following expect script sitting on a Linux box. === #!/usr/bin/expect -f # # backup.expect # # Expect script to backup a firewall via a SSH session # # set firewall set username set password set prompt set filename match_max 50000 spawn ssh -l... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alagondar
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script stops working when using crontab

I have made a shell script(/bin/sh) that starts a perl script (that I haven't made my self) that's starts a ssh session. The ssh session uses a private/public key to login so no password is needed. The Perl script works perfect. But when I put it in a cronjob (crontab) the ssh connection asks... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: splinter_cell
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working in crontab

Hi I have created a script. Which i have configured in cron to make it run in every 2 min. But script is not running. If I checl the cron log at /var/cron/log .it shows its running in every 2 min. Below is the command which i configured in crontab. But I am not able to find the way so that... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandan8a
9 Replies

7. Red Hat

Script not working if crontab scheduled

Hi all, I'm working to a script with /bin/bash shebang. The script works perfectly if I run from command line. The script runs under a non root user and inside the commands are set with sudo command in a such a way they can be run under root, for example (first rows of the script):... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: idro
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working via crontab

Hi, I have written one script which is connecting to the the database and generating one CSV, it is running fine when i ran it manually though it is throwing any warning but CSV is generating and working fine but same script when i have configured in crontab not working and giving error, kindly... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ash12345
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not working via crontab

Hi, I have written one script which is connecting to the the database and generating one CSV, it is running fine when i ran it manually though it is throwing any warning but CSV is generating and working fine but same script when i have configured in crontab not working and giving error, kindly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ash1234
1 Replies

10. Red Hat

Linux ksh script not working in crontab

I am Not sure why following script is not capturing the counts only when using crontab !! when I run it fromt he command line it is fine ! what is missing here ! #!/usr/bin/ksh host=`uname -n` tdate=`date` userid='dbid/password' totalevents=`sqlplus -s $userid << - set timing off ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrn6430
1 Replies
IPESCRIPT(1)						      General Commands Manual						      IPESCRIPT(1)

NAME
ipescript - Run an Ipe script (written in Lua) SYNOPSIS
ipescript script { arguments } DESCRIPTION
ipescript runs an Ipe script written in Lua. The Ipe bindings are automatically available in the script. Ipescript looks for the script in any of the script directories. The script argument should not contain the .lua extension. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
ipescript respects the following environment variables: IPELATEXDIR the directory where ipetoipe runs Pdflatex. IPESCRIPTS a list of directories where Ipescript will look for scripts. When this variable is not set, Ipe searches first the current directory, then ~/.ipe/scripts, and finally the system-wide Ipe script directory. When this variable is set, it should contain a list of directories, separated by semicolons. A single under- score is replaced by the system-wide Ipe script directory. IPEDEBUG set this to 1 for debugging output from ipescript. AUTHOR
Otfried Cheong REPORTING BUGS
Please report bugs using Ipe bugzilla at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/bugzilla.html SEE ALSO
Ipe is documented fully in The Ipe Manual, which is available online at http://ipe7.sourceforge.net/manual/manual.html . August 28, 2011 IPESCRIPT(1)