Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking Change source ip on static internet Post 302834917 by Scott on Saturday 20th of July 2013 04:16:33 PM
Old 07-20-2013
You didn't answer any of Corona688's queries.

What do you mean by source IP? Your router-assigned LAN IP? Your ISP-assigned WAN IP? Some other IP? And why do you want to change it? Why do you need to change it? What do you want to change it to?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Change time source?

I need to change the time on my SUN box, it is five minutes fast. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: michelemcdonald
4 Replies

2. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft Source Code Leaked to Internet

Apparently some of Microsoft's source code is circulating on the Internet. You can see a response from Microsoft here. I would like to remind everyone that according to our rules: "These are not hacker boards so hacker related posts will be promptly deleted or moderated." And this certainly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Perderabo
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Firewall - 2 Internet accesses - routing rules from source

Hello, I would like to modify my firewall configuration for being able to handle 2 internet connections in my Red zone. I would then like to configure some selecting routing rules depending on the internal source. Actual configuration: ===================== 1 router A (ISP)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: el70
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change a Makefile from building static library to shared library?

Hi: I have a library that it only offers Makefile for building static library. It built libxxx.a file. How do I in any way build a shared library? (either changin the Makefile or direct script or command to build shared library) Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cpthk
1 Replies

5. IP Networking

I need HELP to Set up Coyote Linux router with 1 static IP & 64 internal static IP

hello, i need help on setting my coyote linux, i've working on this for last 5 days, can't get it to work. I've been posting this message to coyote forum, and other linux forum, but haven't get any answer yet. Hope someone here can help me...... please see my attached picture first. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlwoaud
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change static ip to dynamic ip

I had just install a solaris 10 server. I set the ip address to static during installation. I want to change it to dynamic but I don't know how. Expert here please help me! (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmyysk
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Iptables to change source IP

Hey everyone! I am trying to configure iptables/netfilter so that all traffic coming from a certain port (8001) has its source ip re-written as a different ip. Can this be done? Basically its a possible workaround for another issue I'm having with a multihomed server. SNMP data is coming in on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: msarro
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

[Solved] Can't get on internet with Linux Static IP address and Linksys Router.

I configured my linux server with Static IP address out of the range of the DHCP linksys router, but cannot get on the internet. When I switch back to "Automatically obtain IP address" ..then I can get on the internet. Can comeone help with this. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: FrankOscar
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

How to use chatr to change static library path in binary?

I have solved this but now cannot recall the syntax. I want to strip or change the hard wired library paths on binaries I download from a repository. I do not have root and just want a personal install, but would rather not build every tool. I even posted the solution here once for others, but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGPickett
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Change to NIS netgroup definition in upcoming Internet Draft

I'm considering the merits of slightly redefining the "domain" field in a NIS netgroup (the third field in the triple) to make it more useful, in a new Internet Draft that I am currently developing. Does anyone out there who uses NIS actually make use of the "domain" field? The places I've worked... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: cambridge
8 Replies
Smokeping_probes_CiscoRTTMonDNS(3)				     SmokePing					Smokeping_probes_CiscoRTTMonDNS(3)

NAME
Smokeping::probes::CiscoRTTMonDNS.pm - Probe for SmokePing SYNOPSIS
*** Probes *** +CiscoRTTMonDNS forks = 5 offset = 50% step = 300 timeout = 15 # The following variables can be overridden in each target section ioshost = RTTcommunity@Myrouter.foobar.com.au # mandatory iosint = 10.33.22.11 name = www.foobar.com.au # mandatory pings = 5 timeout = 15 # [...] *** Targets *** probe = CiscoRTTMonDNS # if this should be the default probe # [...] + mytarget # probe = CiscoRTTMonDNS # if the default probe is something else host = my.host ioshost = RTTcommunity@Myrouter.foobar.com.au # mandatory iosint = 10.33.22.11 name = www.foobar.com.au # mandatory pings = 5 timeout = 15 DESCRIPTION
A probe for smokeping, which uses the ciscoRttMon MIB functionality ("Service Assurance Agent", "SAA") of Cisco IOS to time ( recursive, type A) DNS queries to a DNS server. VARIABLES
Supported probe-specific variables: forks Run this many concurrent processes at maximum Example value: 5 Default value: 5 offset If you run many probes concurrently you may want to prevent them from hitting your network all at the same time. Using the probe- specific offset parameter you can change the point in time when each probe will be run. Offset is specified in % of total interval, or alternatively as 'random', and the offset from the 'General' section is used if nothing is specified here. Note that this does NOT influence the rrds itself, it is just a matter of when data acqusition is initiated. (This variable is only applicable if the variable 'concurrentprobes' is set in the 'General' section.) Example value: 50% step Duration of the base interval that this probe should use, if different from the one specified in the 'Database' section. Note that the step in the RRD files is fixed when they are originally generated, and if you change the step parameter afterwards, you'll have to delete the old RRD files or somehow convert them. (This variable is only applicable if the variable 'concurrentprobes' is set in the 'General' section.) Example value: 300 timeout How long a single 'ping' takes at maximum Example value: 15 Default value: 5 Supported target-specific variables: ioshost The (mandatory) ioshost parameter specifies the Cisco router, which will send the DNS requests, as well as the SNMP community string on the router. Example value: RTTcommunity@Myrouter.foobar.com.au This setting is mandatory. iosint The (optional) iosint parameter is the source address for the DNS packets. This should be one of the active (!) IP addresses of the router to get results. IOS looks up the target host address in the forwarding table and then uses the interface(s) listed there to send the DNS packets. By default IOS uses the (primary) IP address on the sending interface as source address for packets originated by the router. Example value: 10.33.22.11 name The (mandatory) name parameter is the DNS name to resolve. Example value: www.foobar.com.au This setting is mandatory. pings How many pings should be sent to each target, if different from the global value specified in the Database section. Note that the number of pings in the RRD files is fixed when they are originally generated, and if you change this parameter afterwards, you'll have to delete the old RRD files or somehow convert them. Example value: 5 timeout How long a single RTTMonDNS 'ping' take at maximum plus 10 seconds to spare. Since we control our own timeout the only purpose of this is to not have us killed by the ping method from basefork. Example value: 15 Default value: 15 AUTHORS
Joerg.Kummer at Roche.com NOTES
host parameter The host parameter specifies the DNS server, which the router will use. IOS VERSIONS This probe only works with IOS 12.0(3)T or higher. It is recommended to test it on less critical routers first. INSTALLATION To install this probe copy ciscoRttMonMIB.pm to ($SMOKEPINGINSTALLDIR)/lib/Smokeping and CiscoRTTMonDNS.pm to ($SMOKEPINGINSTALLDIR)/lib/Smokeping/probes. The router(s) must be configured to allow read/write SNMP access. Sufficient is: snmp-server community RTTCommunity RW If you want to be a bit more restrictive with SNMP write access to the router, then consider configuring something like this access-list 2 permit 10.37.3.5 snmp-server view RttMon ciscoRttMonMIB included snmp-server community RTTCommunity view RttMon RW 2 The above configuration grants SNMP read-write only to 10.37.3.5 (the smokeping host) and only to the ciscoRttMon MIB tree. The probe does not need access to SNMP variables outside the RttMon tree. BUGS
The probe does unnecessary DNS queries, i.e. more than configured in the "pings" variable, because the RTTMon MIB only allows to set a total time for all queries in one measurement run (one "life"). Currently the probe sets the life duration to "pings"*5+3 seconds (5 secs is the timeout value hardcoded into this probe). SEE ALSO
<http://oss.oetiker.ch/smokeping/> <http://www.switch.ch/misc/leinen/snmp/perl/> The best source for background info on SAA is Cisco's documentation on <http://www.cisco.com> and the CISCO-RTTMON-MIB documentation, which is available at: ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-RTTMON-MIB.my <ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v2/CISCO-RTTMON-MIB.my> 2.6.8 2013-03-17 Smokeping_probes_CiscoRTTMonDNS(3)