Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to get LUN WWN in Solaris? Post 302834905 by achenle on Saturday 20th of July 2013 02:59:34 PM
Old 07-20-2013
Code:
-bash-3.00# for port in `fcinfo hba-port | grep Port | awk '{ print $4 }'`; do
> fcinfo remote-port -ls -p $port
> done

This User Gave Thanks to achenle For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 or 10 LUN Limitations

Is there a limit to the number of LUNS that can be concatenated using Solaris Volume manager with Soft partitions? I have worked with some AIX admins in the past and there was such a limitation therefore limiting the size the filesystem could grow to. Is there such a limitation in Solaris 9... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

2. Solaris

LUN allocation in solaris server

hi all can anyone tell me how to track a new attached LUN in a solaris server?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Largest LUN size in Solaris 10

What is the largest possible LUN size that can be presented to Solaris 10. I've been googling a lot about this. The new EFI lablels (an alternative to VTOC) supports LUNs greater than 2TB. I need to know the upper limit. please help me find it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Set up iscsi LUN on solaris 9?

Hi, I need to set up iscsi LUN on Solaris 9. I've done it on Solaris 10 with iscsiadm. How do you do it on Solaris 9 though? Currently using Solaris 9 update 2. Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Sparcman (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Find LUN with WWN

Hello all, I need find in my OS (Sun10) on LUN 1Tb with WWN 6005-08b4-0010-7137-0000-e000-0076-0000 (HBA) How do it?, Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aav1307
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Incorrect fabric WWN and path_to_inst Solaris 9

Hi, Over a period of time we gradually migrated all LUN's from our HP EVA array over to our EMC array. From the server it would appear some files require a tidy up and was wondering what the impact it would have if changes were to be made to the fabric_WWN_map and path_to_inst files and if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
0 Replies

7. Solaris

new attached lun in solaris 10

hi, what are the steps to detect and configure a new attached lun in Solaris 10. Is there any difference between cfgadm and luxadm command ? rgds, snjksh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem with Solaris LUN and New FS

Hi All, I'm using Solaris server, SunOS 5.10 Generic_144488-08 sun4u sparc SUNW, SPARC-Enterprise. There is a newly created LUN of 250GB (EMC). I've scanned the system and able to see the new LUN. For example: 103. emcpower19a <DGC-VRAID-0430 cyl 48638 alt 2 hd 256 sec 16>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10, adding new LUN from SAN storage

Hello to all, Actually, currently on my Solaris box, I've a LUN (5TB space) from a EMC storage which is working fine, and a partition with ZFS filesystem is created for that LUN. as further you'll see in the logs, the "c4t6006016053802E00E6A9196B6506E211d0s2" is the current configured LUN in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
4 Replies

10. Solaris

LUn' unmapped from storage still showing on Solaris 10

How can i remove LUN's from solaris 10 those are unmapped from SAN? from storage side i got confirmation that they removed lun. but in my solaris box still it's visible. i tried below. root@globalares2.example.com #luxadm -e offline /dev/rdsk/c2t600D02310007D16C42FF09E24B5B8255d0s2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
7 Replies
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)		      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions			  HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_OpenAdapter, HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN, HBA_CloseAdapter - open and close a specific adapter SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_OpenAdapter(char *adaptername); HBA_STATUS HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN(HBA_HANDLE *handle, HBA_WWN wwn); void HBA_CloseAdapter(HBA_HANDLE handle); PARAMETERS
adaptername the name of the adapter to open, as returned by HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI) handle HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() a pointer to an HBA_HANDLE HBA_CloseAdapter() the open handle of the adapter to close, as returned by HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) wwn the WWN to match the Node WWN or Port WWN of the HBA to open DESCRIPTION
The HBA_OpenAdapter() function opens the adapter specified by adaptername and returns a handle used for subsequent operations on the HBA. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function opens a handle to the HBA whose Node or Port WWN matches the wwn argument. The HBA_CloseAdapter() function closes the open handle. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, HBA_OpenAdapter() returns a valid HBA_HANDLE with a numeric value greater than 0. Otherwise, 0 is returned. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function returns the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK The handle argument contains a valid HBA handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN The wwn argument is not a valid port WWN on the specified HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_AMBIGUOUS_WWN The WWN is matched to multiple adapters. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred while opening the adapter. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Open an adapter. The following example opens the specified adapter. handle = HBA_OpenAdapter(adaptername); if (handle == 0) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to open HBA %d with name " ""%s". ", hbaCount, adaptername); continue; } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API version 1) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 (API ver- | | |sion 2) | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-------------------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI), HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.11 1 Sep 2003 HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)