Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sed relacement of word after particular string in a file Post 302834691 by RudiC on Friday 19th of July 2013 02:27:18 PM
Old 07-19-2013
Post the command/expression you ran.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace a word with string from another file

Hi, this belongs a little to my other post but only at the starting point. With find -name "*.htm*" i got a list like this: ./1999/01/file1.html ./1999/01/file2.html ./1999/02/file1.html ./2000/04/file1.html ./2000/04/file2.html ./2000/04/file3.html ./2000/file1.html... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tonda
2 Replies

2. Solaris

board relacement in solaris server

HI Can anyone clarify my doubt.V are using two SUN V890 servers.At present the board in t passive node is 1.5 ghz and due to over load we are plannin to remove the board from passive node and insert it in active node and then insert a 1.3ghz board in passive node..will it be possible if so... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed to replace a string in file with a string in a variable that contains spaces

Hi, i call my shell like: my_shell "my project name" my script: #!/bin/bash -vx projectname=$1 sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ='/'PROJECT_NAME = '$projectname/ <test_config_doxy >temp cp temp test_config_doxy the following error occurres: sed s/'PROJECT_NAME ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivelafete
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk or sed command to print specific string between word and blank space

My source is on each line 98.194.245.255 - - "GET /disp0201.php?poc=4060&roc=1&ps=R&ooc=13&mjv=6&mov=5&rel=5&bod=155&oxi=2&omj=5&ozn=1&dav=20&cd=&daz=&drc=&mo=&sid=&lang=EN&loc=JPN HTTP/1.1" 302 - "-" "Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: elamurugu
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a single line/string in file with multiple lines (string) from another file??

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: Say file1.txt contains: today is monday the 22 of NOVEMBER 2010 and file2.txt contains: the 11th month of How do i replace the word NOVEMBER with (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tuathan
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

replace (sed?) a string in file with multiple lines (string) from variable

Can someone tell me how I can do this? e.g: a=$(echo -e wert trewt ertert ertert ertert erttert erterte rterter tertertert ert) How do i replace the STRING with $a? I try this: sed -i 's/STRING/'"$a"'/g' filename.ext but this don' t work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jforce
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using SED to extract a word or string.

I am working with the ksh shell in HP UNIX and I am attempting to extract a word, beginning with a particular string and ending at the first space. for example I want to extract the word or string MS_RECENT_ACTIVITY from the following string " This has been entered in MS_RECENT_ACTIVITY the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpletech369
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed command to remove a word from string

Hello All, I am running a command find . -name amp.cfg | cut -c 3- which gives me output something like below rel/prod/amp.cfg rel/fld/amp.cfg deb/detail/amp.cfg deb/err/amp.cfg I want to remove trailing "/amp.cfg" so that i should get output something like... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anand.shah
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string in XML file with awk/sed with string from another

Sorry for the long/weird title but I'm stuck on a problem I have. I have this XML file: </member> <member> <name>TransactionID</name> <value><string>123456789123456</string></value> </member> <member> <name>Number</name> ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: cozzin
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace string of a file with a string of another file for matches using grep,sed,awk

I have a file comp.pkglist which mention package version and release . In 'version change' and 'release change' line there are two versions 'old' and 'new' Version Change: --> Release Change: --> cat comp.pkglist Package list: nss-util-devel-3.28.4-1.el6_9.x86_64 Version Change: 3.28.4 -->... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paras Pandey
1 Replies
thai/thwbrk.h(3)						      libthai							  thai/thwbrk.h(3)

NAME
thai/thwbrk.h - Thai wide-char word segmentation. SYNOPSIS
Functions int th_wbrk (const thwchar_t *s, int pos[], size_t n) Find word break positions in Thai wide-char string. int th_wbrk_line (const thwchar_t *in, thwchar_t *out, size_t n, const thwchar_t *delim) Insert word delimitors in given wide-char string. Detailed Description Thai wide-char word segmentation. Function Documentation int th_wbrk (const thwchar_t *s, intpos[], size_tn) Find word break positions in Thai wide-char string. Parameters: s : the input string to be processed pos : array to keep breaking positions n : size of pos[] Returns: the actual number of breaking positions occurred Finds word break positions in Thai string s and stores at most n breaking positions in pos[], from left to right. int th_wbrk_line (const thwchar_t *in, thwchar_t *out, size_tn, const thwchar_t *delim) Insert word delimitors in given wide-char string. Parameters: in : the input wide-char string to be processed out : the output wide-char buffer n : the size of out (as number of elements) delim : the wide-char word delimitor to insert Returns: the actual size of the processed string (as number of elements) Analyzes the input string and store the string in output buffer with the given word delimitor inserted at every word boundary. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libthai from the source code. Version 0.1.14 Tue Jun 17 2014 thai/thwbrk.h(3)