Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to change the file at one go on different UNIX machines Post 302834653 by Corona688 on Friday 19th of July 2013 12:27:59 PM
Old 07-19-2013
First off, to login automatically you will need to set up keys. The same idea works with putty, though putty has its own program to generate keys.

Once that's arranged, how to automatically change the XML file depends on what's in it and what you want to change what to what.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change UNIX password

My shop has just ordained that all UNIX passwords expire after 45 days. We do NOT have a "single logon" facility, so I will need to logon to each of the servers (15+) I interact with and change my password by hand. I thought I could invoke passwd inside a ksh script as a Here document and... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kornshellmaven
12 Replies

2. IP Networking

How can i simulate network problems between unix machines ?

Hello all i need to simulate method invocations between 2 machine ( using corba ) now i like to test the method invoke timeout from machine1 to machine2 for that i need to simulate network being busy , can it be done some how ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script to do a global change

I want to write a script to go into a unix directory and recursively change all the instances of a word in every file in every directory and sub directory. Here's where I am now: I can execute find . -print | xargs grep "my_word" to recuresively return all the files with my_word in it. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: progkcp
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script.

Hi, When I run the below script in UNIX it's throwing syntax errors. Actually it's a windows batch script. Could anyone change the below Windows Batch script to UNIX shell script... Script: REM :: File Name : Refresh_OTL.bat REM :: Parameters : %1 - Region REM :: : %2 - Cube Type REM ::... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomailraj
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix script to change password

Hello Gurus I have little challenge which I do not know how to address it. I have unix account on many servers (let's say over 25). These accounts expire every 60 days. Is there scripts that I can run from my "local computer" and pass a new password to it where it would change it for me on all... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimo
7 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

How were UNIX machines taken over by SPAMMERS?

Hello, Three of our machines at work were sending out SPAM on the internet. 2 of them were so old I knew that the hackers just exploited the vulnerabilities in the old systems. The cause of concern is that one one of the machines is a new Centos 5.3 box.The only proof we have is that 4-6 emails... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies

7. Red Hat

Change root on 80 machines

I have inherited an 80 machine cluster and need to change root on all of them. :confused: Any ideas on an automated way to do that? ---------- Post updated at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:15 AM ---------- Assuming a stronger password, would this be a reasonable method for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rd42
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change passwords for User accounts on multiple UNIX/Linux machines remotely?

Hello Experts, Need some direction on creating shell script for following environment: We have about 20 people in the team working as Oracle DBA's (sysdba's and appdba's). Total Servers which is a mix of Unix and Linux are 200. We do not have Root user access on any of the servers and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sha2402
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Automatic script to change the UNIX Password

Hi, we have around 50 users and every month we need to change the password manually once its expire. do we have any script to change the password automatically. OS -HP-UX Thanks in advance.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: periyasamycse
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change password in UNIX

Hi Friends, Every morning i need to change the password, please advise how it can be automated. I am having pre planned password list for 4 months which can be used as input file for new passwords. Thanks (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajjev_saini123
28 Replies
PEV(1)							      General Commands Manual							    PEV(1)

NAME
pev - show information about MS-Windows excutables files SYNOPSIS
pev [OPTION]... file DESCRIPTION
Make an analysis and show useful information of PE32/PE32+ file given. OPTIONS
-A, --all Equivalent to -cdhoprs. This is the default action if none is specified. -c, --coff Show the COFF file header. -d, --dos Show the DOS file header. -h, --help Show usage and exit. -o, --optional Show the Optional (a.k.a. PE) file header. -p, --product-version Show the Product Version (if added by programmer/compiler) of PE file. -r, --resources Show first level resource items information. -s, --sections Show information about executable sections. -v, --version Show version and exit. EXAMPLES
To get only the Product Version of putty.exe file: $ pev -p putty.exe To show DOS and COFF file headers of cards.dll: $ pev -dc cards.dll Display all possible information about svchost.exe file: $ pev svchost.exe AUTHOR
Written by Coding 40o group REPORTING BUGS
Report pev bugs at http://sourceforge.net/p/pev/tickets/ COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2010-2011 Coding 40o. Licensed GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. PEV(1)