Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looking to improve the output of this awk one-liner Post 302834629 by DeCoTwc on Friday 19th of July 2013 11:37:04 AM
Old 07-19-2013
Yeah, one of the downsides of only learning bits and pieces of different languages is I never learned how to construct a proper program, so everything is a one-liner to me. It's kind of fun though.

The 1500 is because like I said, my input is uniq'd and there's really 75 lines (or 18 of each line). So, where it's saying

Code:
awk '{if ($8 == 41015 && $21 == "requests") arr["Requests "$1" "substr($2,0,5)]+=$20;if ($8 == 41015 && $22 == "requests") arr["Requests "$1" "substr($2,0,5)]+=$21; [...]

It's adding up the column with the number of requests which in the full input file adds up to 1500.

Either way, your code looks pretty sweet and I'm going to try to wrap my head around it after I've had a chance to rest. Thanks, as always Corona688. As always, just when I think i'm getting good, you come through and kick me back to the kids table Smilie.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute the output of one liner print

Hello I wrote simple one liner that take RunTime *.exe and link them to the output of the compilation output: find ~/DevEnv/. -name "*.exe" | xargs ls -l | awk '{ x=split($9,a,"/"); print "ln -s " $9 " "a}' and it gives me the desire output , but how can I execute this ln command on every... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve program efficiency (awk)

Hi !! I've finished an awk exercise. Here it is: #!/bin/bash function calcula { # Imprimimos el mayor tamaño de fichero ls -l $1 | awk ' BEGIN { max = $5; # Inicializamos la variable que nos guardará el máximo con el tamaño del primer archivo } { if ($5 > max){ #... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phass
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk one-liner?

Hello, I have two files... File #1 1 3 2 5 File #2 3 5 3 1 3 7 9 1 5 2 5 8 3 3 1 I need to extract all lines from File #2 where the first two columns match each line of File #1. So in the example, the output would be: 1 3 7 2 5 8 Is there a quick one-liner that would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve performance of echo |awk

Hi, I have a script which looks like this. Input file data1^20 data2^30 #!/bin/sh file"/home/Test.txt" while read line do echo $line |awk 'BEGIN { FS = "^" } ; { print $2 }' echo $line |awk 'BEGIN { FS = "^" } ; { print $1 }' | gzip | wc -c done <"$file" How can i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

The below code is a simple modified sample from a file with millions of lines containing hundreds of extra columns xxx="yyy" ... <app addr="1.2.3.4" rem="1000" type="aaa" srv="server1" usr="user1"/> <app usr="user2" srv="server2" rem="1001" type="aab" addr="1.2.3.5"/>What's the most efficient awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any awk one liner to print df output?

Hi, OS = Solaris Can anyone advise if there is a one liner to print specific output from a df -k output? Running df from a command line, it sometimes gives me 2 lines for some volume. By re-directing the output to a file, it always gives 1 line for each. Below is an example output,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script and get new output file

Gents, Using the following script, I got the changes as desired in the output file called (spread_2611.x01.new). Complete file as input (spread_2611.x01). Can you please have a look to my script and improve it please. :b: Also I would like to I get a additional selecting only the records... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
21 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve awk code that has three separate parts

I have a very inefficient awk below that I need some help improving. Basically, there are three parts, that ideally, could be combined into one search and one output file. Thank you :). Part 1: Check if the user inputted string contains + or - in it and if it does the input is writting to a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
LOCALE_GET_ALL_VARIANTS(3)						 1						LOCALE_GET_ALL_VARIANTS(3)

Locale::getAllVariants - Gets the variants for the input locale

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
publicstatic array Locale::getAllVariants (string $locale) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style array locale_get_all_variants (string $locale) Gets the variants for the input locale PARAMETERS
o $locale - The locale to extract the variants from RETURN VALUES
The array containing the list of all variants subtag for the locale or NULL if not present EXAMPLES
Example #1 locale_get_all_variants(3) example <?php $arr = locale_get_all_variants('sl_IT_NEDIS_ROJAZ_1901'); var_export( $arr ); ?> Example #2 OO example <?php $arr = Locale::getAllVariants('sl_IT_NEDIS_ROJAZ_1901'); var_export( $arr ); ?> The above example will output: array ( 0 => 'NEDIS', 1 => 'ROJAZ', 2 => '1901', ) SEE ALSO
locale_get_primary_language(3), locale_get_script(3), locale_get_region(3). PHP Documentation Group LOCALE_GET_ALL_VARIANTS(3)