Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Looking to improve the output of this awk one-liner Post 302834623 by Yoda on Friday 19th of July 2013 11:33:19 AM
Old 07-19-2013
You can use profiling gawk to pretty print your awk program. Check the gawk manual for more details:
Code:
man gawk

I added few lines to your code to generate desired output, make any adjustments if required:
Code:
awk '
        BEGIN {
                print "#DateTime,Reqs,Bats,Dels"
        }
        {
                if ($8 == 41015 && $21 == "requests") {
                        arr["Requests," $1 " " substr($2, 0, 5)] += $20
                }
                if ($8 == 41015 && $22 == "requests") {
                        arr["Requests," $1 " " substr($2, 0, 5)] += $21
                } else {
                        if ($8 == 41100) {
                                arr["Deletes," $1 " " substr($2, 0, 5)] += 1
                        }
                }
                if ($8 == 41015) {
                        arr["Batches," $1 " " substr($2, 0, 5)] += 1
                }
        }

END {
                for (i in arr) {
                        n = split ( i, V, "," )
                        if ( V[1] == "Batches" )
                                B[V[2]] = arr[i]
                        if ( V[1] == "Requests" )
                                R[V[2]] = arr[i]
                        if ( V[1] == "Deletes" )
                                D[V[2]] = arr[i]
                        T[V[2]]
                }
                for ( k in T )
                        print k,R[k],B[k],D[k]

}
' OFS=, example.log

This User Gave Thanks to Yoda For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute the output of one liner print

Hello I wrote simple one liner that take RunTime *.exe and link them to the output of the compilation output: find ~/DevEnv/. -name "*.exe" | xargs ls -l | awk '{ x=split($9,a,"/"); print "ln -s " $9 " "a}' and it gives me the desire output , but how can I execute this ln command on every... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve program efficiency (awk)

Hi !! I've finished an awk exercise. Here it is: #!/bin/bash function calcula { # Imprimimos el mayor tamaño de fichero ls -l $1 | awk ' BEGIN { max = $5; # Inicializamos la variable que nos guardará el máximo con el tamaño del primer archivo } { if ($5 > max){ #... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phass
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk one-liner?

Hello, I have two files... File #1 1 3 2 5 File #2 3 5 3 1 3 7 9 1 5 2 5 8 3 3 1 I need to extract all lines from File #2 where the first two columns match each line of File #1. So in the example, the output would be: 1 3 7 2 5 8 Is there a quick one-liner that would... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: palex
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search & Replace regex Perl one liner to AWK one liner

Thanks for giving your time and effort to answer questions and helping newbies like me understand awk. I have a huge file, millions of lines, so perl takes quite a bit of time, I'd like to convert these perl one liners to awk. Basically I'd like all lines with ISA sandwiched between... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: verge
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve performance of echo |awk

Hi, I have a script which looks like this. Input file data1^20 data2^30 #!/bin/sh file"/home/Test.txt" while read line do echo $line |awk 'BEGIN { FS = "^" } ; { print $2 }' echo $line |awk 'BEGIN { FS = "^" } ; { print $1 }' | gzip | wc -c done <"$file" How can i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

HELP with AWK one-liner. Need to employ an If condition inside AWK to check for array variable ?

Hello experts, I'm stuck with this script for three days now. Here's what i need. I need to split a large delimited (,) file into 2 files based on the value present in the last field. Samp: Something.csv bca,adc,asdf,123,12C bca,adc,asdf,123,13C def,adc,asdf,123,12A I need this split... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shell_boy23
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk one liner

The below code is a simple modified sample from a file with millions of lines containing hundreds of extra columns xxx="yyy" ... <app addr="1.2.3.4" rem="1000" type="aaa" srv="server1" usr="user1"/> <app usr="user2" srv="server2" rem="1001" type="aab" addr="1.2.3.5"/>What's the most efficient awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cabrao
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Any awk one liner to print df output?

Hi, OS = Solaris Can anyone advise if there is a one liner to print specific output from a df -k output? Running df from a command line, it sometimes gives me 2 lines for some volume. By re-directing the output to a file, it always gives 1 line for each. Below is an example output,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve script and get new output file

Gents, Using the following script, I got the changes as desired in the output file called (spread_2611.x01.new). Complete file as input (spread_2611.x01). Can you please have a look to my script and improve it please. :b: Also I would like to I get a additional selecting only the records... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
21 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Improve awk code that has three separate parts

I have a very inefficient awk below that I need some help improving. Basically, there are three parts, that ideally, could be combined into one search and one output file. Thank you :). Part 1: Check if the user inputted string contains + or - in it and if it does the input is writting to a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +--------------------+-----------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Availability | SUNWgawk | +--------------------+-----------------+ |Interface Stability | Volatile | +--------------------+-----------------+ NOTES
Source for gawk is available on http://opensolaris.org. Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)