Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How to get LUN WWN in Solaris? Post 302834597 by Manish00712 on Friday 19th of July 2013 10:51:05 AM
Old 07-19-2013
How to get LUN WWN in Solaris?

How to get LUN WWN (i.e LUN mapped from a storage box say Symmetrix or clariion) in Solaris. fcinfo command does give the Target port wwn but what i'm looking for is the LUN WWN. Any help is appreciated.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 9 or 10 LUN Limitations

Is there a limit to the number of LUNS that can be concatenated using Solaris Volume manager with Soft partitions? I have worked with some AIX admins in the past and there was such a limitation therefore limiting the size the filesystem could grow to. Is there such a limitation in Solaris 9... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
6 Replies

2. Solaris

LUN allocation in solaris server

hi all can anyone tell me how to track a new attached LUN in a solaris server?? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raynu.sharma
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Largest LUN size in Solaris 10

What is the largest possible LUN size that can be presented to Solaris 10. I've been googling a lot about this. The new EFI lablels (an alternative to VTOC) supports LUNs greater than 2TB. I need to know the upper limit. please help me find it. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pingmeback
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Set up iscsi LUN on solaris 9?

Hi, I need to set up iscsi LUN on Solaris 9. I've done it on Solaris 10 with iscsiadm. How do you do it on Solaris 9 though? Currently using Solaris 9 update 2. Your help is appreciated. Thanks, Sparcman (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparcman
6 Replies

5. Solaris

Find LUN with WWN

Hello all, I need find in my OS (Sun10) on LUN 1Tb with WWN 6005-08b4-0010-7137-0000-e000-0076-0000 (HBA) How do it?, Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aav1307
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Incorrect fabric WWN and path_to_inst Solaris 9

Hi, Over a period of time we gradually migrated all LUN's from our HP EVA array over to our EMC array. From the server it would appear some files require a tidy up and was wondering what the impact it would have if changes were to be made to the fabric_WWN_map and path_to_inst files and if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamba1
0 Replies

7. Solaris

new attached lun in solaris 10

hi, what are the steps to detect and configure a new attached lun in Solaris 10. Is there any difference between cfgadm and luxadm command ? rgds, snjksh (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
5 Replies

8. Solaris

Problem with Solaris LUN and New FS

Hi All, I'm using Solaris server, SunOS 5.10 Generic_144488-08 sun4u sparc SUNW, SPARC-Enterprise. There is a newly created LUN of 250GB (EMC). I've scanned the system and able to see the new LUN. For example: 103. emcpower19a <DGC-VRAID-0430 cyl 48638 alt 2 hd 256 sec 16>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: superHonda123
4 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 10, adding new LUN from SAN storage

Hello to all, Actually, currently on my Solaris box, I've a LUN (5TB space) from a EMC storage which is working fine, and a partition with ZFS filesystem is created for that LUN. as further you'll see in the logs, the "c4t6006016053802E00E6A9196B6506E211d0s2" is the current configured LUN in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
4 Replies

10. Solaris

LUn' unmapped from storage still showing on Solaris 10

How can i remove LUN's from solaris 10 those are unmapped from SAN? from storage side i got confirmation that they removed lun. but in my solaris box still it's visible. i tried below. root@globalares2.example.com #luxadm -e offline /dev/rdsk/c2t600D02310007D16C42FF09E24B5B8255d0s2... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
7 Replies
HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)		      Common Fibre Channel HBA Information Library Functions			  HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)

NAME
HBA_OpenAdapter, HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN, HBA_CloseAdapter - open and close a specific adapter SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lHBAAPI [ library... ] #include <hbaapi.h> HBA_HANDLE HBA_OpenAdapter(char *adaptername); HBA_STATUS HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN(HBA_HANDLE *handle, HBA_WWN wwn); void HBA_CloseAdapter(HBA_HANDLE handle); PARAMETERS
adaptername the name of the adapter to open, as returned by HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI) handle HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() a pointer to an HBA_HANDLE HBA_CloseAdapter() the open handle of the adapter to close, as returned by HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI) wwn the WWN to match the Node WWN or Port WWN of the HBA to open DESCRIPTION
The HBA_OpenAdapter() function opens the adapter specified by adaptername and returns a handle used for subsequent operations on the HBA. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function opens a handle to the HBA whose Node or Port WWN matches the wwn argument. The HBA_CloseAdapter() function closes the open handle. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, HBA_OpenAdapter() returns a valid HBA_HANDLE with a numeric value greater than 0. Otherwise, 0 is returned. The HBA_OpenAdapterByWWN() function returns the following values: HBA_STATUS_OK The handle argument contains a valid HBA handle. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_WWN The wwn argument is not a valid port WWN on the specified HBA. HBA_STATUS_ERROR_AMBIGUOUS_WWN The WWN is matched to multiple adapters. HBA_STATUS_ERROR An error occurred while opening the adapter. EXAMPLES
Example 1: Open an adapter. The following example opens the specified adapter. handle = HBA_OpenAdapter(adaptername); if (handle == 0) { fprintf(stderr, "Unable to open HBA %d with name " ""%s". ", hbaCount, adaptername); continue; } ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Standard: FC-MI 1.92 (API | | |version 1) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |Standard: FC-HBA Version 4 | | |(API version 2) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
HBA_GetAdapterName(3HBAAPI), HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI), libhbaapi(3LIB), attributes(5) T11 FC-MI Specification SunOS 5.10 1 Sep 2003 HBA_OpenAdapter(3HBAAPI)