Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming Looping and caling in a text file C++ Post 302834283 by DGPickett on Thursday 18th of July 2013 03:57:15 PM
Old 07-18-2013
I guess you are saying you want STL object containers, which contain other objects, which if they are your lines, would contain three objects, which look to be int. In C++, less char and str*(). string - C++ Reference Not seeing anything like open and read, error checking/exception catching for short input, not digits?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

looping for each file

HI I want to execute the awk command for each file which is of form *.event I am trying the following code but it is not working , #! /bin/csh set h= *.event foreach h(*) set v= `awk -F, 'NR==2 {print $1}' $h` echo $v end But I am getting an error Can somebody correct me Thanks arif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mab_arif16
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through each line of text file

Dear all, I have a text file like below. eg.txt abcd efgh ijkl mnop I need a script, which should read the text file eg.txt and assign each line as a parameter. This , i wil use further to pass it a java command to invoke. All inside a for loop Need your help on this. With... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaSaran
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping through only blank lines of a file.

I am sorry if I am posting in wrong thread. Experts, I have 2 files File 1 File 2 line1 line1 | line2 line2 | group 1 line3 line3 | line1 line1 | line2 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: suraj.sheikh
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping within the elements of a file using awk

Hi all, I have a file containing 5000 rows and 4 columns. I need to do a loop within the rows based on the values of column 3. my sample data is formatted like the ones below: what i need to do is to make a loop that will allow me to plot the values of x,y,values corresponding to month 1 to month... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
10 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

While or For with looping contructs? to create files from contents of a text file

Hi so far I created this script: vi loop.beta.sh for i in `cat extract.filenames.tabc` do echo $i done>$i === This is the original text file. $ more tabc.txt -rwx------- 1 alice staff 1586 2010-11-05 02:27 request-key .conf -rwx------- 1 ted staff 126 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wolf@=NK
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping over a file to count common fields from another file

Hi, I would like to know how can I get the number of rows in file1 that: - the 1st and 2nd field should be the same (text) - the 3rd field should be less or equal (numeric) when comparing to file2. So for each row of file1, I would like to have the number of rows in file2 that follow the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: fadista
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders

FILE_ID extraction from file name and save it in CSV file after looping through each folders My files are located in UNIX Server, i want to extract file_id and file_name from each file .and save it in a CSV file. How do I do that? I have folders in unix environment, directory structure is... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: princetd001
15 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looping inside directories based on a file which contains file directory list

Hi All, Please help. I have got a file which contains a listing of a file and some directories after it, one by one. I am calling this file xyz.txt here file1 dir1 dir2 dir3 dir4 file2 dir5 dir6 dir7 dir8 file3 dir9 dir10 dir11 dir12 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Piyush Jakra
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with looping through file contents

Hi, I have a several files with ".out" extension in a folder and each file has the below like contents .... appname: wonder1 ..... logname78.log logname88.log ..... CAP: 2 ..... appname: wonder54 ...... logname28.log logname58.log logname54.log ..... CAP: 3 ..... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match text to lines in a file, iterate backwards until text or text substring matches, print to file

hi all, trying this using shell/bash with sed/awk/grep I have two files, one containing one column, the other containing multiple columns (comma delimited). file1.txt abc12345 def12345 ghi54321 ... file2.txt abc1,text1,texta abc,text2,textb def123,text3,textc gh,text4,textd... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shogun1970
6 Replies
DXmCreateScrolledCSText(3X)											       DXmCreateScrolledCSText(3X)

NAME
DXmCreateScrolledCSText - Creates a compound string text widget with scroll bars. SYNOPSIS
Widget DXmCreateScrolledCSText( Widget parent, char *name, Args *args, Cardinal num_args ); PARAMETERS
The identifier (widget ID) of the parent widget. The name of the created widget. The application override argument list. The number of arguments in the application override argument list. DESCRIPTION
The DXmCreateScrolledCSText routine creates a compound string text widget with scroll bars. The routine uses the same arguments and resources as the DXmCreateCSText routine to create a compound string text widget but uses the following resources to create horizontal and vertical scroll bars for the widget as well: ------------------------------------------------------------------- Resource Description ------------------------------------------------------------------- XmNscrollHorizontal Controls whether a scroll bar that allows the user to scroll through text horizontally is added to the compound string text window. XmNscrollTopSide Controls whether the horizontal scroll bar is positioned at the top of the compound string text window. XmNscrollVertical Controls whether a scroll bar that allows the user to scroll through text vertically is added to the compound string text window. XmNscrollLeftSide Controls whether the vertical scroll bar is placed on the left side of the compound string text window. ------------------------------------------------------------------- Inherited Resources The DXmCreateScrolledCSText routine inherits behaviour and resources from the following superclasses: Core Resource Set XmPrimitive Resource Set DXmScrolledCSText Resource Set RETURN VALUES
The identifier (widget ID) of the created compound string text widget. SEE ALSO
DXmCreateCSText(3X) DXmCreateScrolledCSText(3X)