Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Rlpr call failure
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Rlpr call failure Post 302834249 by lineuser on Thursday 18th of July 2013 02:03:04 PM
Old 07-18-2013
Thanks for responding DGPickett. Yes there is a firewall which the Network guys call a "Stateful" firewall. I don't believe that I have heard the term iptables around here, however.
"rlpr" is not working from the command line either. It times out 10 seconds after issuing the command on the command line.

The target printer is up and is working for different users in the company, but from our Unix box, the IP of the printer can be pinged, but "rlpr" is timing out.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

ld failure

Hi, I am using gmake to compile a c program with a makefile. The make file runs ld. I get the following error jsh1035c:/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples $ gmake -e -f GNUmakefile queue_c gmake -f ./GNUmakefile queue_c in_objdir=1 build_root=/users/egate453/admegate/kapil/samples... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: handak9
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to differentiate system call from library call

Hi, Ho do I differentiate system call from library call? for example if I am using chmod , how do I find out if it is a system call or library call? Thanks Muru (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muru
2 Replies

3. Infrastructure Monitoring

diffrence between method call and function call in perl

Hello, I have a problem with package and name space. require "/Mehran/DSGateEngineLib/general.pl"; use strict; sub System_Status_Main_Service_Status_Intrusion_Prevention { my %idpstatus; my @result; &General_ReadHash("/var/dsg/idp/settings",\%idpstatus); #print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaxon
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Why do I need to call make if I call gcc ?

Why do I need to call make if I call gcc ? I thought gcc already compiles the sources. thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aneuryzma
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

su failure

Usually when su rejects an attempt to switch user it responds with "Sorry" but with a certain username on some unix servers the response is "Killed". I'm guessing the su accepted the username/password but refused to spawn child shell with the specified username. What's causing this and what has to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: twk
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

IF statement failure

Hi Guys, i have a variable which hold a string value of "in" when i try to compare this value against another value the if statement is not working. $a=in if then echo "Not a Walid match" else echo "Walid Match" fi Thank You. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitinrp1
9 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

RCP Failure

I HAVE A PERL SCRIPT WHICH RCP files from one server to another. The script is not having any issues for years and it is running for more than 3 years . Last week it had failed with error "Command timed out " error. Please help me out (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: praviper
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp failure

Hello, Sometimes when i execute my shell that makes sftp it gives me this error: Couldn't close file: Failure. What does it mean?, how can i make sure it will do ok?. Bye (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rubber08
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot up failure unix sco after power failure

hi power went out. next day unix sco wont boot up error code 303. any help appreciated as we are clueless. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredthayer
11 Replies
ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)												 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)

NAME
arno-iptables-firewall - Single- & multi-homed firewall script with DSL/ADSL support. SYNOPSIS
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall [start|stop|status|force-reload|restart] DESCRIPTION
arno-iptables-firewall is an iptables configuration script with support for both IPv4 & IPv6. While it is extremely easy to use one can nevertheless use it in quite complicated environments. All available options are explained in the extensively documented configuration file. The external interface of the system needs to be set up properly in the firewalls configuration file (EXT_IF). The default behavior of the firewall is to deny all incoming connections. For additional requirements not covered by the configuration file custom iptables rules can be placed in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/cus- tom-rules. This file is automatically parsed by the service script. See the README file (eg. in /usr/(local/)share/doc/arno-iptables-firewall) for an example how to manage logging of firewall events through syslogd. The arno-fwfilter script can be used to make the firewall logs more readable for humans (see manpage). Several plugins for the firewall script are available online. Plugins can be downloaded from http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ Please see the README file for more information. FILES
/etc/init.d/arno-iptables-firewall system service script /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/firewall.conf firewall configuration /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/conf.d/ firewall configuration directory /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/custom-rules custom iptables rules /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/blocked-hosts host blacklist /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/mac-addresses mac filter list Please note, that the last two files do exist in the initial configuration and their use is disabled in /etc/arno-iptables-firewall/fire- wall.conf SEE ALSO
iptables(8), arno-fwfilter(1), syslog.conf(5) The http://rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl/ web site. AUTHOR
arno-iptables-firewall was written by Arno van Amersfoort <arnova@rocky.eld.leidenuniv.nl>. This manual page was written by Michael Hanke <michael.hanke@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). Michael Hanke March 14, 2012 ARNO-IPTABLES-FIREWALL(8)