Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thin clients for AIX desktop
Operating Systems AIX Thin clients for AIX desktop Post 302833757 by dukessd on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 06:20:35 PM
Old 07-17-2013
I also use VNC on linux and AIX and the UltraVNC client/viewer and WinVNC server on windows.

I find it all very easy to setup and use.
This User Gave Thanks to dukessd For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from AIX to 20 Windows clients

I have got a unix server ( AIX ) and 20 clients ( windows 2000 ) . I have to transfer a file through FTP from the server to each of 20 clients daily to check the network speed. But each time I do ftp, I have to enter username and password and then transfer the file using "put <filename>". I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharuvman
2 Replies

2. SCO

Please help.Thin clients connecting to SCO.

Hi thank you for your help in advance, I am running SCO 5.0.6 with 75 user license And I have thin clients connected (around 50 no.) to it through a terminal server.The problem is that when the thin clients are terminated abnormally it takes a lot of time for me to conect to the SERVER again and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaitu.a
1 Replies

3. Linux

BOOTP on HP Thin clients

Please m new around here! Can anyone take me thru implementing bootp on my thin clients via my central server? Preciate ur assistance. Thanks folks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuk_uka
2 Replies

4. AIX

NTP server with aix & wintel clients

Good morning to all, can someone advise me how to setup aix ntp server with aix & wintel clients? Secondly, I also require to enable the service to autostart on reboot, how do I configure this? Thirdly, how do I configure daily autosync between clients and server? Please advice, thanks.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
0 Replies

5. AIX

IPsec from one AIX server to many windows clients

I work for a fairly large organization who recently tasked me with securing our telnet services with IPsec. We have a large mixed environment where most of our servers are running unsecured telnet. ssh was my first suggestion but because of the cost of purchasing an enterprise license for a fips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgaixsysadm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to setup unix training class with thin clients and a blade server?

Hello folks, I have to conduct a demo session on bash scripting in any unix/linux distro to my colleagues (12 of them). Our company has not appointed a system administrator for linux. So I am seeking help from you all. We only have thin clients running windows XP and are connected to a blade... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnjaanFauji
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to setup unix training class with thin clients and a blade server?

Hello folks, I have to conduct a demo session on bash scripting in any unix/linux distro to my colleagues (12 of them). Our company has not appointed a system administrator for linux. So I am seeking help from you all. We only have thin clients running windows XP and are connected to a blade... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AnjaanFauji
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to host apps for thin-clients for cheap on a home network?

Hello, I am planning to build a HP Proliant DL380 server w/ Debian. I would like to connect 6 or 8 thin clients (or zero-clients) to this server and host the applications for the thin clients. The thin-clients are all wireless LAN. All data created by users on the thin clients saved on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies
vncserver(1)							     TightVNC							      vncserver(1)

NAME
vncserver - a wrapper to launch an X server for VNC. SYNOPSIS
vncserver [:display] [-geometry widthxheight] [-depth depth] [-pixelformat rgbNNN|bgrNNN] [-name desktop-name] [Xvnc-options...] vncserver -kill :display vncserver -help DESCRIPTION
vncserver is a wrapper script for Xvnc, the free X server for VNC (Virtual Network Computing). It provides all capabilities of a standard X server, but does not connect to a display for itself. Instead, Xvnc creates a virtual desktop you can view or control remotely using a VNC viewer. OPTIONS
You can add Xvnc options at the command line. They will be added to the invocation of Xvnc without changes. The options provided by the vncserver itself are as follows: :display The display number to use. If omitted, the next free display number is used. -geometry widthxheight Set desktop width and height. -depth depth Set the colour depth of the visual to provide, in bits per pixel. Must be a value between 8 and 32. -pixelformat rgbNNN|bgrNNN Set colour format for pixels representation. The viewer can do the conversion to any other pixel format, but it is faster if the depth and pixel format of the server is the same as the equivalent values on the viewer display. -name string This specifies the name of the desktop. -kill :display Stops the session running on the specified display. -help Prints a short usage notice to stderr. EXAMPLES
vncserver Invokes Xvnc on the next available display and with suitable defaults. vncserver :1 Invokes Xvnc on display :1. vncserver -geometry 800x600 -depth 16 :1 Invokes Xvnc on display :1 with desktop size of 800x600 pixels and color depth of 16 bits per pixel. vncserver -kill :1 Shuts down Xvnc server on display :1. SEE ALSO
Xvnc(1), vncviewer(1), vncpasswd(1), vncconnect(1) AUTHORS
Original VNC was developed in AT&T Laboratories Cambridge. TightVNC additions were implemented by Constantin Kaplinsky. Many other people participated in development, testing and support. Man page authors: Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>, Tim Waugh <twaugh@redhat.com>, Constantin Kaplinsky <const@tightvnc.com> August 2006 vncserver(1)