Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Thin clients for AIX desktop
Operating Systems AIX Thin clients for AIX desktop Post 302833737 by achenle on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 05:29:50 PM
Old 07-17-2013
I'd also recommend VNC. I've used it on low-bandwidth, high-latency connections with good success.
This User Gave Thanks to achenle For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from AIX to 20 Windows clients

I have got a unix server ( AIX ) and 20 clients ( windows 2000 ) . I have to transfer a file through FTP from the server to each of 20 clients daily to check the network speed. But each time I do ftp, I have to enter username and password and then transfer the file using "put <filename>". I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sharuvman
2 Replies

2. SCO

Please help.Thin clients connecting to SCO.

Hi thank you for your help in advance, I am running SCO 5.0.6 with 75 user license And I have thin clients connected (around 50 no.) to it through a terminal server.The problem is that when the thin clients are terminated abnormally it takes a lot of time for me to conect to the SERVER again and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chaitu.a
1 Replies

3. Linux

BOOTP on HP Thin clients

Please m new around here! Can anyone take me thru implementing bootp on my thin clients via my central server? Preciate ur assistance. Thanks folks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chuk_uka
2 Replies

4. AIX

NTP server with aix & wintel clients

Good morning to all, can someone advise me how to setup aix ntp server with aix & wintel clients? Secondly, I also require to enable the service to autostart on reboot, how do I configure this? Thirdly, how do I configure daily autosync between clients and server? Please advice, thanks.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chongkls77
0 Replies

5. AIX

IPsec from one AIX server to many windows clients

I work for a fairly large organization who recently tasked me with securing our telnet services with IPsec. We have a large mixed environment where most of our servers are running unsecured telnet. ssh was my first suggestion but because of the cost of purchasing an enterprise license for a fips... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgaixsysadm
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to setup unix training class with thin clients and a blade server?

Hello folks, I have to conduct a demo session on bash scripting in any unix/linux distro to my colleagues (12 of them). Our company has not appointed a system administrator for linux. So I am seeking help from you all. We only have thin clients running windows XP and are connected to a blade... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: AnjaanFauji
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to setup unix training class with thin clients and a blade server?

Hello folks, I have to conduct a demo session on bash scripting in any unix/linux distro to my colleagues (12 of them). Our company has not appointed a system administrator for linux. So I am seeking help from you all. We only have thin clients running windows XP and are connected to a blade... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AnjaanFauji
1 Replies

8. IP Networking

How to host apps for thin-clients for cheap on a home network?

Hello, I am planning to build a HP Proliant DL380 server w/ Debian. I would like to connect 6 or 8 thin clients (or zero-clients) to this server and host the applications for the thin clients. The thin-clients are all wireless LAN. All data created by users on the thin clients saved on the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marcus Aurelius
0 Replies
vino-server(1)							   User Commands						    vino-server(1)

NAME
vino-server - remote desktop server SYNOPSIS
vino-server DESCRIPTION
vino-server is a remote desktop server based on VNC protocol. vino-server provides remote desktop takeover and remote desktop view func- tions. vino-server allows multiple client to access a GNOME desktop session remotely. It is based on the VNC technology. vino-server pro- vides service at port 5800. Each desktop has a vino server which disabled by default and a Java client application which is made available to a client via a web browser (via port 5900 of the server machine is the service is enabled by the user). FILES
The following files are used by this application: /usr/lib/vino-server The executable file for the vino server application. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWgnome-remote-desktop | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface stability |Volatile | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
vino-passwd(1), vino-preferences(1), attributes(5) NOTES
Written by Steven Zhang, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2006. Updated by Halton Huo, Sun Microsystems Inc., 2008. SunOS 5.11 15 Aug 2008 vino-server(1)