Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers A Simple Clock, Well Maybe Not That Simple... Post 302833719 by wisecracker on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 04:56:11 PM
Old 07-17-2013
Phew; bear in mind I only get chance to experiment in my own time and I am not that good yet. ;o)

But I will experiment with your methods for the real usage of this DEMO code in due course.

Thanks for the input...

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ok simple question for simple knowledge...

Ok what is BSD exactly? I know its a type of open source but what is it exactly? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Corrail
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple if

Hi, I have a variable (x) that holds a file name - I need to write this: if x matches the patern *ABC* or the pattern DEF*T then action A else action B fi how to do that? Also, how can i change the or test to AND test? Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GNMIKE
2 Replies

3. Programming

Simple C question... Hopefully it's simple

Hello. I'm a complete newbie to C programming. I have a C program that wasn't written by me where I need to write some wrappers around it to automate and make it easier for a client to use. The problem is that the program accepts standard input to control the program... I'm hoping to find a simple... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xeed
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple to you not simple to me pattern matchin help

hey all, im new and my first question is: say i have a word "blahblah" how do i get and replace the last letter of the word with say k, so replace the h with a k. However you cant just replace the h it has to change the LAST LETTER of the word. Cheers In advance. :b: (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: aleks001
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Something simple, I think...

Hello to all, I have a very simple script that Ii run to CD into a specific directory. When I run it without a dot notation or shell notation (as a subshell, therefore), the script does not actually change the directory. But how do I avoid using the dot or shell notation and still be able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: confutatis
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

need very simple help

i have a part of script that is not getting me what i want? Below the script count=5 count1=1 if then echo $count1 count1=`expr $count1 + 1` fi -------------------------------------------------------- The result i want is 1 2 3 4 5 But its giving me result as only 1. Plz help... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help making simple perl or bash script to create a simple matrix

Hello all! This is my first post and I'm very new to programming. I would like help creating a simple perl or bash script that I will be using in my work as a junior bioinformatician. Essentially, I would like to take a tab-delimted or .csv text with 3 columns and write them to a "3D" matrix: ... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: torchij
16 Replies

8. Red Hat

Syslog.conf: looking for a simple answer on a simple question

Cheers! In /etc/syslog.conf, if an error type is not specified, is it logged anywhere (most preferable is it logged to /var/log/messages) or not? To be more precise I am interested in error and critical level messages. At default these errors are not specified in syslog.conf, and I need to... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr1zzt3r
6 Replies

9. Programming

Simple Chess Clock

I am trying to implement a simple chess clock. It should have the following options: start, stop, reset, read. Reset will set the time to zero Start will start the clock Stop will stop the clock My problem is that I want that start continues counting the time from the time it had when it... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
6 Replies
Xray::FluorescenceEXAFS(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      Xray::FluorescenceEXAFS(3pm)

NAME
Ifeffit::Demeter::FluorescenceEXAFS - Corrections for fluorescence EXAFS data DESCRIPTION
This provides class methods for computing corrections to fluorescence EXAFS data due to normalization, I0, and self-absorption effects. The corrections are computed from x-ray absorption coefficients provided by the Xray::Absorption package. METHODS
Note that the values returned for all methods depend on the data resource used. See Xray::Absorption. "mcmaster" This is called "mcmaster" for historical reasons. It calculates the normalization correcion for a given element. $sigma_mm = Xray::FluorescenceEXAFS->mcmaster($element, $edge); It takes the central atoms tag and the alphanumeric edge symbol as arguments and returns the normalization correction in units of Angstrom squared. "normalization" and "edgestep" are aliases for this method. "i0" This calculates the correcion due to the I0 fill gases in a fluorescence experiment. $gases = {nitrogen=>$nitrogen, argon=>$argon, krypton=>$krypton}; $sigma_i0 = Xray::FluorescenceEXAFS->i_zero($central, $edge, $gases); It takes the central atoms tag, the alphanumeric edge symbol, and a reference to a hash containing the volume percentages of the three gases as arguments. It assumes that any remaining volume is filled with helium and it correctly accounts for the fact that nitrogen is a diatom. It returns the I0 correction in units of Angstrom squared. "i_zero" and "izero" are aliases for this method. "self" This calculates the correcion due to self-absorption fluorescence experiment. It assumes that the sample is infinately thick and that the entry and exit angles of the photons are the same. $contents = {Y=>1, Ba=>2, Cu=>3, O=>7}; ($amp_i0, $sigma_i0) = Xray::FluorescenceEXAFS->self($central, $edge, $contents); It takes the central atoms tag, the alphanumeric edge symbol, and a reference to a hash which counts the atoms in the unit cell. It returns a list whose zeroth element is the multiplicative amplitude correction and whose first element is the sigma^2 correction in units of Angstrom squared. "overabsorption" is an aliases for this method. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
o Fourth cumulant corrections are not calculated. o Geometry and thickness effects are not included in the self absorption calculation Please report problems to Bruce Ravel (bravel AT bnl DOT gov) Patches are welcome. AUTHOR
Bruce Ravel (bravel AT bnl DOT gov) http://cars9.uchicago.edu/~ravel/software/ LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2006-2008 Bruce Ravel (bravel AT bnl DOT gov). All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. perl v5.12.4 2011-07-30 Xray::FluorescenceEXAFS(3pm)