Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Check Column corresponding to input Post 302833391 by newkid.7955 on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 04:33:11 AM
Old 07-17-2013
This is the sample of my txt file...
Code:
New York;ABC;145;Yes;YES;No
New York;BCD;113;Yes;YES;No
New York;NAS;63;Yes;YES;No
------------------------
London-48;CBT;16;Yes;YES;No
London-48;CME;17;Yes;YES;No
London-48;EUR;52;Yes;YES;No
London-48;EUR;188;Yes;YES;No
London-48;USx;66;Yes;YES;No
London-48;AMS;172<BR>178;Yes<BR>Yes;YES<BR>YES;no<BR>no
London-48;LIFE;172<BR>174<BR>178;Yes<BR>Yes<BR>Yes;YES<BR>YES<BR>YES;no<BR>no<BR>no
London-48;EUEd;175;Yes;YES;no
London-48;FOXN;177;Yes;YES;no
London-48;BIRD;177;Yes;YES;no
London-48;MOND;177;Yes;YES;no
London-48;EUI;174;Yes;YES;no
London-48;XEC;15;Yes;No;No
London-48;NYMC;15;Yes;No;No
-----------------------------
London-47;WBOx;28;Yes;YES;No
London-47;BCD;20;Yes;No;No
London-47;MCe;89;Yes;YES;No
London-47;DUBL;87;Yes;YES;No
London-47;CIHX;34;Yes;YES;No
London-47;Ctaf;203;Yes;No;No
London-47;LUXA;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;LUXB;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;LUXP;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;NEBX;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;NXEL;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;misc;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;BXNJ;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;LANT;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;LANB;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;MASD;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;BRUS;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;LISB;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;LIST;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;PARF;95;Yes;YES;No
London-47;JSEB;31;Yes;YES;No
London-47;LoND;33;Yes;YES;No

It is in the format of Server;Country;Num;Data1;Data2;Data3

If there are multiple Num column, then it is in the format
Code:
Server;Country;<BR>Num1</BR><BR>Num2</BR>;Data1ofNum1<BR>Data1ofNum2;Data2ofNum1<BR>Data2ofNum2;Data3ofNum1<BR>Data3ofNum2

Last edited by Scott; 07-17-2013 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: Code tags, please...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

What can i do to check that the input is all alphabet.. ?

What can i do to check that the input is all alphabet.. ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: XXXXXXXXXX
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check on Input

HI all, I would like to know how the user can be restricted for entering only the number and not characters in sheel scripts.. Suppose code is like this echo 'Enter the number' read Value Now user may enter 'a' as value... But i want to disallow him for entering characters other than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dhananjaysk
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

check the input

how to check whether a given input is a number or a string? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shilpi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check Null values in a file column by column if columns are Not NULLs

Hi All, I have a table with 10 columns. Some columns(2nd,4th,5th,7th,8th and 10th) are Not Null columns. I'll get a tab-delimited file and want to check col by col and generate seperate error code for each col eg:102 if 2nd col value is NULL and 104 if 4th col value is NULL so on... I am a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mandab
7 Replies

5. Programming

How to check an input variable

Suppose we have a simple situation, like the following C++ instructions: int x; cout << "Insert x: "; cin >> x; while ( x-- < 0 ) ; Of course, if it is written something different from an integer, the while loop shall not end. So, how can we check if the input x is of the right type? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Luke Bonham
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Input file check

Hi, I have a script which runs daily. It gets 3 input files test1,test2,test3. I want to do a validation in my script to make sure i have all the 3 files available before running. If any one of the file is missing i want to break the script. Could you please help me with this request. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Krrishv
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check user input

Hi, I need my script to check if the user enters 3 values if not 5 values to my script and alert if the input has any other number of values. for example: ./myscript.sh 22 56 3221 - > correct ./myscript.sh 22 56 3221 45 777 -> correct ./myscript.sh 22 56 3221 45 -> incorrect Please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check whether input is numeric

Hello there, find below for my code first: $pdp_asaba=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep asaba | sed 's/*//g'` if ]] then pdp_asaba=0 fi $pdp_abuja=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep abuja | sed 's/*//g'` if ]] then pdp_abuja=0 fi $pdp_ojota=`cat /tmp/temp_total | grep ojota | sed 's/*//g'` if ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: infinitydon
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check first column - average second column based on a condition

Hi, My input file Gene1 1 Gene1 2 Gene1 3 Gene1 0 Gene2 0 Gene2 0 Gene2 4 Gene2 8 Gene3 9 Gene3 9 Gene4 0 Condition: If the first column matches, then look in the second column. If there is a value of zero in the second column, then don't consider that record while averaging. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search last column of INPUT.txt in TABLEs text and add correspond columns to INPUT.txt

Hi dears i use bash shell i have INPUT.txt like this number of columns different in one some row have 12 , some 11 columns see last column INPUT.txt CodeGender Age Grade Dialect Session Sentence Start End Length Phonemic Phonetic 63 M 27 BS/BA TEHRANI 3 4 298320 310050... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alii
2 Replies
DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_GET(3)						 1					      DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_GET(3)

date_default_timezone_get - Gets the default timezone used by all date/time functions in a script

SYNOPSIS
string date_default_timezone_get (void ) DESCRIPTION
In order of preference, this function returns the default timezone by: o Reading the timezone set using the date_default_timezone_set(3) function (if any) o Prior to PHP 5.4.0 only: Reading the $TZ environment variable (if non empty) o Reading the value of the date.timezone ini option (if set) o Prior to PHP 5.4.0 only: Querying the host operating system (if supported and allowed by the OS). This uses an algorithm that has to guess the time- zone. This is by no means going to work correctly for every situation. A warning is shown when this stage is reached. Do not rely on it to be guessed correctly, and set date.timezone to the correct timezone instead. If none of the above succeed, date_default_timezone_get will return a default timezone of UTC. RETURN VALUES
Returns a string. CHANGELOG
+--------+---------------------------------------------------+ |Version | | | | | | | Description | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | The TZ environment variable is no longer used to | | | guess the timezone. | | | | | 5.4.0 | | | | | | | The timezone is no longer guessed from informa- | | | tion available through the operating system as | | | the guessed timezone can not be relied on. | | | | +--------+---------------------------------------------------+ EXAMPLES
Example #1 Getting the default timezone <?php date_default_timezone_set('Europe/London'); if (date_default_timezone_get()) { echo 'date_default_timezone_set: ' . date_default_timezone_get() . '<br />'; } if (ini_get('date.timezone')) { echo 'date.timezone: ' . ini_get('date.timezone'); } ?> The above example will output something similar to: date_default_timezone_set: Europe/London date.timezone: Europe/London Example #2 Getting the abbreviation of a timezone <?php date_default_timezone_set('America/Los_Angeles'); echo date_default_timezone_get() . ' => ' . date('e') . ' => ' . date('T'); ?> The above example will output: America/Los_Angeles => America/Los_Angeles => PST SEE ALSO
date_default_timezone_set(3), "List of Supported Timezones". PHP Documentation Group DATE_DEFAULT_TIMEZONE_GET(3)