Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Passing regular expression to nawk Post 302833341 by vidyadhar85 on Wednesday 17th of July 2013 12:57:30 AM
Old 07-17-2013
below might work with some warnings..

Code:

tools>  echo server1.domain1.domain2.com | awk -v "re=^[a-z0-9]*\.[a-z0-9]*\.[a-z0-9]*\.[a-z0-9]*" '$0 ~ re{print}'
awk: warning: escape sequence `\.' treated as plain `.'
server1.domain1.domain2.com

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk empty regular expression error

Hello, All. please help me with this problem. i need to use variable as regular expression. some thing like this: BEGIN { RS="\n"; ORS="\n"; reg_exp = ".+Dec.+"; # i mean that regular expression is any symbol before "Dec" and any symbol after it. For example <Worksheet... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rjkz
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic regular expression in nawk

Hi FolksI want to write a nawk script that dynamically creates variable numbers of regular expressions on the fly rather than using constants. Is this possible?They would need to be used within an if statement within the nawk program: - if ( "my string of regex's" ) Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing Variable to Regular Expression

Hi All, Below is a sample code: print "Enter the Name: "; my $Name = <>; print "Word is $Name"; open (FH,"AIDNameList.txt"); while (<FH>) { my $line; print "Word is $Name"; for $line(<FH>)... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jisha
12 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing in regular expression as a parameter to sed

Hi All, Im using Bash. I have a pipe delimited config file which contains 3 columns, 1st column = location of a file to be chnaged 2 column = expression to find within file 3rd column = string to replace. A script will loop through the contetnts of this file and apply the changes using... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: satnamx
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

nawk and regular expression

I have an input file which looks like the example below and I want to format it with 2 columns from the header based on the word "CUSIP" followed by a 9 digit string with first 3 being numeric and in the same line NNN.NN% pattern for the percentage value. (In RED) I started of with nawk but... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejazsyed
12 Replies

8. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a regex as variable to awk and using that as regular expression for search

Hi All, I have a sftp session log where I am transferring multi files by issuing "mput abc*.dat". The contents of the logfile is below - ################################################# Connecting to 10.75.112.194... Changing to: /home/dasd9x/testing1 sftp> mput abc*.dat Uploading... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: k_bijitesh
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies
whitelist(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						      whitelist(5)

NAME
pygs -- the PYthon Gateway Script SYNOPSIS
pygs -t recipient@domain1 -s sender@domain2 [-e envelope@domain3] [-d] [-T] [-V] [-l logfile] [-w whitelist] [-h] DESCRIPTION
NOTE: this man page is to be continued :) pygs read from stdin a nntp article, sending it to recipient@domain1 a rfc822 compliant email setting Resent-Sender: sender@domain2 and enve- lope envelope@domain3 if exists, else sender@domain2. OPTIONS
EXAMPLES
There is some documetation in /urs/share/doc/pyg I created mailgate user (moderator of local.moderated ng). Every article posted in local.moderated is sent to mailgate, in its .procmailrc I've put: :0 bhc * ^To: *local-moderated | $HOME/pygs -t kalfa@localhost -e mailgate@students.cs.unibo.it -s 'cosimo@students.cs.unibo.it' where kalfa@localhost is the recipient (it usually is a mailing list) an header extract from kalfa@localhost mbox: From mailgate@students.cs.unibo.it From: whosentnntparticle@domain4 To: kalfa@localhost Resent-Sender: cosimo@students.cs.unibo.it note that sender and envelope are different. rfc822 says that Sender: have to be a human user (not a program or similia). envelope can mailgate user. AUTHORS
Cosimo Alfarano <alfarano@students.cs.unibo.it> BUGS
Boh. send any bug to the author , please. Debian GNU/Linux July 23, 2000 Debian GNU/Linux