Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Um, my computer suddenly won't start up Post 302833317 by Anchorsteamer on Tuesday 16th of July 2013 10:39:39 PM
Old 07-16-2013
Um, my computer suddenly won't start up

Okay, I'm fairly green at Fedora, but it has worked like a gem until now. On startup I get a screen that says this:
Code:
Booting 'Fedora (3.6.11-4.fc16.x86_64)'
Loading Fedora (3.611-4.fc16.x86_64)
Loading initial ramdisk ....

_Fedora-16-x86_6: Unexpected inconsistency; run fsck manually. 
      (I.e., without -a or -p options)
Dracut warning:e2fsck returned with a 4
Dracut warning: _Fedora -16-x86_6 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
Dracut warning: _Fedora -16-x86_6: Inodes that were part of a corrupted orphan linked list found.
Dracut warning:*** an error occurred during the file system check.
Dracut warning: dropping you to a shell; the system will try
Dracut warning:*** to mount the filesystem(s), when you leave the shell 
Dracut warning:
Dropping to debug shell.
Sh: cannot set terminal process group (-1): Inappropriate ioctl for device
Sh: no job control in this shell
(Repair filesystem):/#

Thanks, guys, any help is greatly appreciated

Last edited by Scott; 07-17-2013 at 12:11 AM.. Reason: Code tags

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I start a program when I start my Computer?

I'm running MAC OS X and I'm wondering how I start 'nixey programs (not normal apps) on startup? Things like the dnet client and hxd Hotline Server. Anyone know? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: l008com
1 Replies

2. Solaris

nfsd won't start at boot up

Hi Inexplicably, nfsd no longer starts automatically on our Sun boxes running Solaris 9, so that 'automount' no longer functions automatically. The problem first manifested itself when we could not access files on any of the nfs automounted directories in our LAN after one of the servers (say... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: dcshungu
19 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP 10.20 Won start

After I log ino the machine, a window pops up indicating that I should check that the HOSTNAME is the same in these three files /etc//rc.configd/netconf /etc/hosts /var/adm/inetd.sec How do I change the hostname in these files? Thanks, Mike h (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hutchin
1 Replies

4. SuSE

vsftpd won't start on SLES 10

I recently installed SLES 10 on an x86 64bit blade server. I then installed vsftpd from the suse cds through network services; however after configuring the vsftpd.conf file, the server fails to start: # /etc/init.d/vsftpd start Starting vsftpd startproc: exit status of parent of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dave521
5 Replies

5. Solaris

system won't start to GUI it stuck

Hi. I got this message in our sun station and it stuck Setting default IPv4 interface for multicast: add net 224.0/4: gateway pecsun22 but i can still telenet the station... who could i fix this.. appreciate your help (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: eykyn17
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

X Server won't start (Redhat 9) HELP

im running rh 9 on my vmware, i tryed changing the graphics card mode to resize the desktop, after restarting i get a message X Server cannot start. then it takes me to the consol screen to log on, "im new to using linux as of last night" It would be helpfull if anyone can help me resolve... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoteg
4 Replies

7. Solaris

production server won't start please help me!

if anyone can help me here I will be in debt eternaly. I'm in a spot here fearing for my job. I tried to install a new scsi array on our E5500. I powered it down correctly, removed the terminator, connected the array and powered it on. It was taking so long to come up I freaked out and powered... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ToolTalk won't start

on my AIX 6.1 CDE's ToolTalk server won't start. It says: dtsession: Unable to exec /usr/dt/install/oldrules/dtrmrules.driver. A file or directory in the path name does not exist. How can I fix this? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
0 Replies

9. Red Hat

vftpd won't start..

Hi, I am using redhat enterprise 5.7 have installed vsftpd successfully but every time I try to start the service it comes up with FAILED. Here is the contents of the vsftpd.conf file: # Allow anonymous FTP? (Beware - allowed by default if you comment this out). anonymous_enable=YES # #... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: titley100
3 Replies
DBIx::Class::StartupCheck(3)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			      DBIx::Class::StartupCheck(3)

NAME
DBIx::Class::StartupCheck - Run environment checks on startup SYNOPSIS
use DBIx::Class::StartupCheck; DESCRIPTION
This module used to check for, and if necessary issue a warning for, a particular bug found on Red Hat and Fedora systems using their system perl build. As of September 2008 there are fixed versions of perl for all current Red Hat and Fedora distributions, but the old check still triggers, incorrectly flagging those versions of perl to be buggy. A more comprehensive check has been moved into the test suite in "t/99rh_perl_perf_bug.t" and further information about the bug has been put in DBIx::Class::Manual::Troubleshooting. Other checks may be added from time to time. Any checks herein can be disabled by setting an appropriate environment variable. If your system suffers from a particular bug, you will get a warning message on startup sent to STDERR, explaining what to do about it and how to suppress the message. If you don't see any messages, you have nothing to worry about. CONTRIBUTORS
Nigel Metheringham Brandon Black Matt S. Trout AUTHOR
Jon Schutz LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-12-16 DBIx::Class::StartupCheck(3)