Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to filter the string Post 302833271 by bartus11 on Tuesday 16th of July 2013 04:32:57 PM
Old 07-16-2013
Look for $&, $` and $' in perlvar - perldoc.perl.org

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to filter logfile

i was wondering if anyone can help me, how could i write in perl a a script that would look through a log file and print onscreen the contents of the log file excluding lines that contain '192.168.1.' and entries that contain directory paths that arent in the directory /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/ i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replace perl script error

I have written down a simple perl program to replace a string from a word file. My script does'nt seem to work. Any pointers to make it work will be appreciated. The code is given below. #!/usr/bin/perl while (<>) { open(FILE,$_); while (<FILE>) { s/This/I did it/g; }... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter the string from a file ??

I have a file in which there are strings given below: inode 1138932c(mqsiadm) inode 1257904c(mqsiadm) I want to get the nos. only form these. The o/p should be 1138932 1257904 How to filter this out ?? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed filter words from string

I have following string in a variable: str="sstring garbage adfsdf tab.col1 lkad rjfj tab2.col2 adja tab2.col4 garbage" I want to filter "word.word" pattern from it. I assume the pattern won't occur in start or end of the string. Output shoud be: tab.col1 tab2.col2 tab2.col4 Can this be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying exponent value as string in PERL script

Hello All, I am currently having an issue displaying a exponent value using perl, I have a perl program which generates an xls file. This xls is populated with values from a database. But for a certain column which I have made explicitely text and also implemented keep_leading_zeroes()... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script - Help me extracting a string

I have input like this : TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 07-FEB-2012 04:19:45 Copyright (c) 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used parameter files: /t3local_apps/apps/oracle/product/11.2.0/network/admin/sqlnet.ora Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter a particular string

Hi, I have a long log file. Out of which I want to filter particular occurrences where APC=4-033-0. Please help how it can be done. Input : +++ ELEMENT 12-05-27 23:15:06 CC 3482 #040185 > REPT APB TPE=C7NTL SM=22 OPC=4-003-7 APC=4-033-4 inaccessible END OF REPORT #040185 ++- ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to filter string between specific string in ksh

My argument has data as below. 10.9.9.85 -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40 /app/scripts/testingscr5.scr 127869538 -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40 /app/scripts/testingscr56scr 127869538 ....... (note all these between lines will start with hyphen '-' ) -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)