Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to filter the string Post 302833271 by bartus11 on Tuesday 16th of July 2013 04:32:57 PM
Old 07-16-2013
Look for $&, $` and $' in perlvar - perldoc.perl.org

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to filter logfile

i was wondering if anyone can help me, how could i write in perl a a script that would look through a log file and print onscreen the contents of the log file excluding lines that contain '192.168.1.' and entries that contain directory paths that arent in the directory /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/ i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replace perl script error

I have written down a simple perl program to replace a string from a word file. My script does'nt seem to work. Any pointers to make it work will be appreciated. The code is given below. #!/usr/bin/perl while (<>) { open(FILE,$_); while (<FILE>) { s/This/I did it/g; }... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter the string from a file ??

I have a file in which there are strings given below: inode 1138932c(mqsiadm) inode 1257904c(mqsiadm) I want to get the nos. only form these. The o/p should be 1138932 1257904 How to filter this out ?? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed filter words from string

I have following string in a variable: str="sstring garbage adfsdf tab.col1 lkad rjfj tab2.col2 adja tab2.col4 garbage" I want to filter "word.word" pattern from it. I assume the pattern won't occur in start or end of the string. Output shoud be: tab.col1 tab2.col2 tab2.col4 Can this be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying exponent value as string in PERL script

Hello All, I am currently having an issue displaying a exponent value using perl, I have a perl program which generates an xls file. This xls is populated with values from a database. But for a certain column which I have made explicitely text and also implemented keep_leading_zeroes()... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script - Help me extracting a string

I have input like this : TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 07-FEB-2012 04:19:45 Copyright (c) 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used parameter files: /t3local_apps/apps/oracle/product/11.2.0/network/admin/sqlnet.ora Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter a particular string

Hi, I have a long log file. Out of which I want to filter particular occurrences where APC=4-033-0. Please help how it can be done. Input : +++ ELEMENT 12-05-27 23:15:06 CC 3482 #040185 > REPT APB TPE=C7NTL SM=22 OPC=4-003-7 APC=4-033-4 inaccessible END OF REPORT #040185 ++- ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to filter string between specific string in ksh

My argument has data as below. 10.9.9.85 -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40 /app/scripts/testingscr5.scr 127869538 -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40 /app/scripts/testingscr56scr 127869538 ....... (note all these between lines will start with hyphen '-' ) -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
ppmtosixel(1)						      General Commands Manual						     ppmtosixel(1)

NAME
ppmtosixel - convert a portable pixmap into DEC sixel format SYNOPSIS
ppmtosixel [-raw] [-margin] [ppmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable pixmap as input. Produces sixel commands (SIX) as output. The output is formatted for color printing, e.g. for a DEC LJ250 color inkjet printer. If RGB values from the PPM file do not have maxval=100, the RGB values are rescaled. A printer control header and a color assignment table begin the SIX file. Image data is written in a compressed format by default. A printer control footer ends the image file. OPTIONS
-raw If specified, each pixel will be explicitly described in the image file. If -raw is not specified, output will default to com- pressed format in which identical adjacent pixels are replaced by "repeat pixel" commands. A raw file is often an order of magni- tude larger than a compressed file and prints much slower. -margin If -margin is not specified, the image will be start at the left margin (of the window, paper, or whatever). If -margin is speci- fied, a 1.5 inch left margin will offset the image. PRINTING
Generally, sixel files must reach the printer unfiltered. Use the lpr -x option or cat filename > /dev/tty0?. BUGS
Upon rescaling, truncation of the least significant bits of RGB values may result in poor color conversion. If the original PPM maxval was greater than 100, rescaling also reduces the image depth. While the actual RGB values from the ppm file are more or less retained, the color palette of the LJ250 may not match the colors on your screen. This seems to be a printer limitation. SEE ALSO
ppm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1991 by Rick Vinci. 26 April 1991 ppmtosixel(1)