Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl script to filter the string Post 302833267 by scriptscript on Tuesday 16th of July 2013 04:24:56 PM
Old 07-16-2013
Perl script to filter the string

Hi folks,

I have a log file with the lines in the below format.

Code:
Jul  1 23:00:51 10.212.3.251 SS: %SYS-7-CLI_SCHEDULE:  some error occured

I want to split the line based on the " %SYS-7-CLI_SCHEDULE: " value.
The criteria is the should store the word that starts with % i.e., %SYS-7-CLI_SCHEDULE:

now

$left should contain Jul 1 23:00:51 10.212.3.251 SS:
$matched should contain %SYS-7-CLI_SCHEDULE:
$right should contain some error

Could anyone please help with the perl script with regular expression to get out of this.

Thanks in advance ....

Regards,
J

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to filter logfile

i was wondering if anyone can help me, how could i write in perl a a script that would look through a log file and print onscreen the contents of the log file excluding lines that contain '192.168.1.' and entries that contain directory paths that arent in the directory /usr/local/httpd/htdocs/ i... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

String replace perl script error

I have written down a simple perl program to replace a string from a word file. My script does'nt seem to work. Any pointers to make it work will be appreciated. The code is given below. #!/usr/bin/perl while (<>) { open(FILE,$_); while (<FILE>) { s/This/I did it/g; }... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: MobileUser
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

filter the string from a file ??

I have a file in which there are strings given below: inode 1138932c(mqsiadm) inode 1257904c(mqsiadm) I want to get the nos. only form these. The o/p should be 1138932 1257904 How to filter this out ?? (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed filter words from string

I have following string in a variable: str="sstring garbage adfsdf tab.col1 lkad rjfj tab2.col2 adja tab2.col4 garbage" I want to filter "word.word" pattern from it. I assume the pattern won't occur in start or end of the string. Output shoud be: tab.col1 tab2.col2 tab2.col4 Can this be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying exponent value as string in PERL script

Hello All, I am currently having an issue displaying a exponent value using perl, I have a perl program which generates an xls file. This xls is populated with values from a database. But for a certain column which I have made explicitely text and also implemented keep_leading_zeroes()... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbasetty
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script - Help me extracting a string

I have input like this : TNS Ping Utility for Linux: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production on 07-FEB-2012 04:19:45 Copyright (c) 1997, 2009, Oracle. All rights reserved. Used parameter files: /t3local_apps/apps/oracle/product/11.2.0/network/admin/sqlnet.ora Used TNSNAMES adapter to resolve... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dnam9917
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Filter a particular string

Hi, I have a long log file. Out of which I want to filter particular occurrences where APC=4-033-0. Please help how it can be done. Input : +++ ELEMENT 12-05-27 23:15:06 CC 3482 #040185 > REPT APB TPE=C7NTL SM=22 OPC=4-003-7 APC=4-033-4 inaccessible END OF REPORT #040185 ++- ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanand420
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script (ksh) - SQLPlus query filter using a string variable

Using ksh, I am using SQLPlus to execute a query with a filter using a string variable. REPO_DB=DEV1 FOLDER_NM='U_nmalencia' FOLDER_CHECK=$(sqlplus -s /nolog <<EOF CONNECT user/pswd_select@${REPO_DB} set echo off heading off feedback off select subj_name from subject where... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nkm0brm
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to filter string between specific string in ksh

My argument has data as below. 10.9.9.85 -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40 /app/scripts/testingscr5.scr 127869538 -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40 /app/scripts/testingscr56scr 127869538 ....... (note all these between lines will start with hyphen '-' ) -rwxr-xr-x user1 2019-10-15 17:40... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
3 Replies
SYS(1)							       AFS Command Reference							    SYS(1)

NAME
sys - Reports the compile-time CPU/operating system type SYNOPSIS
sys DESCRIPTION
The sys command displays the string set at compile time that indicates the local machine's CPU/operating system (OS) type, conventionally called the sysname. This string is the default for the value stored in kernel memory. The Cache Manager substitutes this string for the @sys variable which can occur in AFS pathnames; the OpenAFS Quick Start Guide and OpenAFS Administration Guide explain how using @sys can simplify cell configuration. To set a new value in kernel memory, use the fs sysname command. To view the current value set in the kernel, use either fs sysname or livesys. CAUTIONS
You almost always want to use livesys rather than this command. The sys command displays a single value hard-coded at compile time. It does not query the Cache Manager for the current value and it does not report sysname lists. If you have changed the local system type with fs sysname, or if you run a version of sys compiled differently than the Cache Manager running on the system, the value returned will not match the behavior of the Cache Manager. The only reason to use sys is that livesys wasn't available in older versions of AFS. OUTPUT
The machine's system type appears as a text string: I<system_type> EXAMPLES
The following example shows the output produced on a Sun SPARCStation running Solaris 5.7: % sys sun4x_57 PRIVILEGE REQUIRED
None SEE ALSO
fs_sysname(1), livesys(1) The OpenAFS Quick Start Guides at <http://docs.openafs.org/>. The OpenAFS Administration Guide at <http://docs.openafs.org/AdminGuide/>. COPYRIGHT
IBM Corporation 2000. <http://www.ibm.com/> All Rights Reserved. This documentation is covered by the IBM Public License Version 1.0. It was converted from HTML to POD by software written by Chas Williams and Russ Allbery, based on work by Alf Wachsmann and Elizabeth Cassell. OpenAFS 2012-03-26 SYS(1)