Sponsored Content
Special Forums IP Networking No reply to NDP request from Linux host Post 302833215 by SavLou on Tuesday 16th of July 2013 01:26:49 PM
Old 07-16-2013
No reply to NDP request from Linux host

Hi, new here.

We are attempting to prove that an application will be able to carry IPv6. All is fine with IPv4 but not so much with IPv6. For now, we're just starting to ping between hosts to ensure basic communication.

I'll try to put as much info but of course feel free to ask for more.

Ping from Linux to Windows host:
NDP request is sent out, Window replies. Ping goes out. All is good.

Ping from Windows to Linux host:
NDP request is sent from Windows but linux host does not reply. We're stuck

Ping from Linux to Linux host:
NDP request is sent but linux host does not reply. We're stuck

So it might be as simple as a few kernel options we missed but we cannot figure which one. We are using Kernel 2.6.24. Yes, it is old. But nothing we've read seems to indicated that it cannot work on 2.6.24.

Any insight appreciated.

Lou

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

Request:- Could some do a poll of Linux version usage?

I don't know nearly enough about what versions of Open/Free Linux are available. I was wondering if someone would create a new poll of all the major recent(ish) distros so we can see the percentage of people's preferred distro? I've only ever used Suse and have been very happy with it, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mark Ward
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Http request in Linux

Hi, i need a guide how to write a script which i can do a http request. Let say the request look like below; http://www.test.com?txid=1&type=service&server=linux I have a list of "txid" (in *.txt) and need to run all "txid" acordingly. So that mean, every transaction i have to refer "txid"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: malaysoul
7 Replies

3. IP Networking

How to send non get request from linux server

Hi I want to send non get request for HTTP from linux server. Please let me knwo how to do that Thanks Lakshmikant (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmikant
0 Replies

4. Linux

Request for linux cbt by dean devis

Hi All, If anybody having linux cbt by dean devis then please send me link. Thanks, Anand (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ANAND KURADE
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to ftp in to linux then pass reply

Hello, I have an ftp loop script which I was going to use to login to various Linux systems but as It's my first connection I'm being prompted to add it to the known_hosts. Can this script be modified to reply 'yes' before passing the user/pass ? usname="someuser" pass="somepass" while read... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Grueben
1 Replies

6. Linux

Lpstat: Bad Request Error in Linux

Dear Team, Earlier my lpstat syntax is working on o/s, I have installed cups "cups-1.6.1" after that I'm not able to open the printer option in GUI and cannot do the query "lpstat -a" Below is the error i'm getting..Request you to advice me the best to me. # lpstat lpstat: Bad Request ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohammed Faiz
3 Replies
ssmping(1)						      General Commands Manual							ssmping(1)

NAME
ssmping - check if you can receive IPv4/IPv6 multicast data from an internet host SYNOPSIS
ssmping [ -46v ] [ -I interface ] [ -c count ] [ -s size ] host ssmpingd DESCRIPTION
ssmping and ssmpingd are network level multicast management tools that can be used to check whether one can receive multicast packets via SSM from a host. The host target given to ssmping must run the ssmpingd daemon, which listens on UDP port 4321 for IPv4 and IPv6 unicast requests. When it receives one, it responds to a well known SSM multicast group which ssmping just have joined. Depending on whether the request was made with IPv4 or IPv6, the group is 232.43.211.234 or ff3e::4321:1234 respectively. OPTIONS
For ssmpingd there are no options. For ssmping the options are as follows. -4 Force IPv4 -6 Force IPv6 -v Print client and server version information. -I interface Interface to join on -c count Stop after sending (and receiving) count requests (and replies) -s size Request replies to have a size of size bytes SEE ALSO
asmping(1) a tool for checking whether can receive ASM. dbeacon(1) a distributed beacon multicast implementation. BUGS
Please report them to Stig Venaas <venaas@uninett.no>, the author of this tool. HISTORY
ssmping and ssmpingd were developed by Stig Venaas during the early days of the m6bone, the IPv6 multicast backbone. User Manuals ssmping(1)