Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Ftp from UNIX to windows share Post 302833125 by hicksd8 on Tuesday 16th of July 2013 10:01:28 AM
Old 07-16-2013
On Windows: When you install IIS you can select the 'ftp' option. Then you can configure the default directory that ftp will use. You can either put the file you wish to collect via ftp into that directory, or change directory (cd) inside ftp after you have connected.

On Unix: You can script the file collection job by calling ftp inside the script. You'll find it easier to utilise ".netrc" (google that) to hold the credentials of the Windows login. Writing the script is then quite straightforward.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp from unix to windows

Hi, I have been using ftp to transfer files back and forth between windows and unix machines. But everytime i started the ftp session from the windows machine. I have a question why I am not able to connect to the same windows machine from the same unix machine. How do I do this? ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: oldtrash
11 Replies

2. Linux

how i can share the file between unix or linux in windows ??

hello everybody i have one quetion :( about how i can share my file in windows to use it in linux explane i have to opreating system windows xp and linux fedore core and unix ( sun solaris 10 ) and i want to open me file that is storege in windows <<< want to open it in unix or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: msn22
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Mount a Unix share drive on Windows

We are trying to mount a Unix share drive on a Windows 2003 server to avoid transfering files accross the network using sftp. I can see shared drives on the Solaris server using the "share" command. How can I mount the drives on my Windows server so that I can read them directly. Do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help mounting Windows share in UNIX

We recently upgraded one of our engineering servers, and now the lone UNIX box that houses older CAD files can not connect to it. I have tried every variation of mount I can find, but to no avail. Help is appreciated. Here are the specs: Server: Windows 2003 x64 with Unix Services for Windows... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: shatterstorm
8 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Windows to UNIX FTP

Good Morning, I am currently having a setup of running a batch file in windows to ftp certain files to unix and after that one i login to a unix box to manually run a script to clean up those files and combine them into one and get go back to windows to run another batch of file to get the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ryan_estiya
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from unix to windows

How to do ftp from unix to windows i have some files in a dir in unix box and i want to put those files in windows through FTP. How to do this ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
9 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp from windows to unix using a perl script on unix machine

i need to ftp a file from windows to a unix machine by executing a sript(perl/shell/php) from that unix machine.i can also use HTML and javascript to build forms. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
3 Replies

8. AIX

Do I need to configure my local windows to FTP files from local windows to a UNIX AIX server?

Hi Friends, I have this script for ftping files from AIX server to local windows xp. #!/bin/sh HOST='localsystem.net' USER='myid_onlocal' PASSWD='mypwd_onlocal' FILE='file.txt' ##This is a file on server(AIX) ftp -n $HOST <<END_SCRIPT quote USER $USER quote PASS $PASSWD put $FILE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajsharma
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX script to FTP file from UNIX server to windows

Hi, I am new to this subject.....Can someone please help me out with the script... unix usernm "sdhftst" unix pwd "chsd13" windows usernm "dfghtst" windows pwd "chsd13" path..../xxx/xxxxx/xxxxxx/xxxxxxx please can u get me a script...its only one file to get ftp. Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: himakiran9
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP from windows to unix server using unix shell script

Hi, Is it possible to ftp a huge zip file from windows to unix server using unix shell scripting? If so what command i need to use. thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shri123
1 Replies
SIMPLEFTP(1)						      General Commands Manual						      SIMPLEFTP(1)

NAME
simpleftp - rudimentary ftp client SYNOPSIS
simpleftp ftp://... [ ... ] DESCRIPTION
simpleftp is a perl script that provides basic support for fetching files with FTP in a batch oriented fashion. It takes one or more ftp URLS on the command line. The file(s) will be retrieved from the remote server and placed in the current directory with the same basename as on the remote; i.e., ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/active.gz is stored as active.gz in the current directory. BUGS
simpleftp is an extremely poor substitute for more complete programs like the freely available wget or ncftp utilities. It was written only to provide elementary support in INN for non-interactive fetching of the files in ftp://ftp.isc.org/pub/usenet/CONFIG/ without requir- ing administrators to install yet another package. Its shortcomings as a general purpose program are too numerous to mention, but one that stands out is that simpleftp does not understand the complete syntax of URLs, only the hostname and pathname parts -- it will not under- stand username, password, port or parameter strings. HISTORY
Tossed off by David C Lawrence <tale@isc.org> for InterNetNews. SEE ALSO
actsync(8). SIMPLEFTP(1)