Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with ksh-to read ip file & append lines to another file based on pattern match Post 302832831 by MadeInGermany on Monday 15th of July 2013 09:37:16 PM
Old 07-15-2013
Is this homework?
What do you have so far?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

read from a specific pattern from one file and append it to another

Hi! Everyone, Say this file1 -------------- line 1 51610183 420001010 0010CTCTLEDPPOO 2151610183 line 2 2151610183 420001010 0030A2TH2 line 3 2151610183 420001010 0040A2TH3 line 4 2151610183 420001010 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kinkar_ghosh
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merge two file data together based on specific pattern match

My input: File_1: 2000_t g1110.b1 abb.1 2001_t g1111.b1 abb.2 abb.2 g1112.b1 abb.3 2002_t . . File_2: 2000_t Ali england 135 abb.1 Zoe british 150 2001_t Ali england 305 g1111.b1 Lucy russia 126 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

deleting lines in a file that match a pattern without opening it

In Unix, how do I delete lines in a file that match a particular pattern without opening it. File contents are foo line1 misc whatever foo line 2 i want to delete all lines that have the pattern "foo" without opening the file. File should eventually contain misc whatever (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: osbourneric
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete lines based on pattern match

BASH in Solaris 10 I have a log file like below. Whenever the pattern ORA-39083 is encountered, I want to delete the line which has this pattern and 3 lines below it. $ cat someLogfile.txt ORA-39083: Object type OBJECT_GRANT failed to create with error: ORA-01917: user or role 'CMPA' does... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match and Append Based on file contexts

Not Sure how to do this. Some combo of awk and sed perhaps. If String in File1 match String in file2 then append file2 File1.txt BullTerrier Boxer Bulldog File2.txt <Defined info="AllAnimals" group="Adoptions" setting="animals"> <SomeID ="NumbersRepresentingDogName"> <for> <add... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TY718
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Obtain pattern from file; Append 1st Match

Not clear how to do so. Looking to append the 1st match of said pattern with 'OK TO REMOVE' file containing patter File1.txt RMS_QUANTITY_RT SMS_QUANTITY_RT file to search File2.txt <!-- dec=664, SMS_QUANTITY_RT --> <!-- dec=664, RMS_QUANTITY_RT --> Projected Results <!--... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TY718
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match all lines in file where specific text pattern is less than

In the below file I am trying to grep or similar, all lines where only AF= is less than 0.4.. Thank you :). grep grep "AF=" ,+ .4 file file 12 112036782 . T C 34.0248 PASS ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to update value based on pattern match in another file

In the awk, thanks you @RavinderSingh13, for the help in below, hopefully it is close as I am trying to update the value in $12 of the tab-delimeted file2 with the matching value in $1 of the space delimeted file1. I have added comments for each line as well. Thank you :). awk awk '$12 ==... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
10 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Match pattern only between certain lines in entire file

Hello, I have input that looks like this: * 0 -1 103 0 0 m. 7 LineNr 23 ClauseNr 1: 1: 1: 304: 0 0 SentenceNr 13 TxtType: Q Pargr: 2.1 ClType:MSyn PS004,006 ZBX= 0 1 1 0 7 -1 -1 3 2 3 2 -1 1 1 -1 -1 -1 -1 0 501 0 PS004,006 ZBX ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

UNIX script to append multiple text files into one file based on pattern present in filaname

Hi All-I am new to Unix , I need to write a script. Can someone help me with a requirement where I have list of files in a directory, I want to Merge the files if a pattern of string matches in filenames? AAAL_555A_ORANGE1_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE2_F190404.TXT AAAL_555A_ORANGE3_F190404.TXT... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shankar455
6 Replies
pnmcrop(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   pnmcrop(1)

NAME
pnmcrop - crop a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmcrop [-white|-black|-sides] [-left] [-right] [-top] [-bottom] [pnmfile] All options may be abbreviated to their shortest unique prefix or specified with double hyphens. DESCRIPTION
Reads a PBM, PGM, or PPM image as input. Removes borders that are the background color, and produces the same type of image as output. If you don't specify otherwise, pnmcrop assumes the background color is whatever color the top left and right corners of the image are and if they are different colors, something midway between them. You can specify that the background is white or black with the -white and -black options or make pnmcrop base its guess on all four corners instead of just two with -sides. By default, pnmcrop chops off any stripe of background color it finds, on all four sides. You can tell pnmcrop to remove only specific borders with the -left, -right, -top, and -bottom options. If you want to chop a specific amount off the side of an image, use pnmcut. If you want to add different borders after removing the existing ones, use pnmcat or pnmcomp. OPTIONS
-white Take white to be the background color. pnmcrop removes borders which are white. -black Take black to be the background color. pnmcrop removes borders which are black. -sides Determine the background color from the colors of the four corners of the input image. pnmcrop removes borders which are of the background color. If at least three of the four corners are the same color, pnmcrop takes that as the background color. If not, pnmcrop looks for two corners of the same color in the following order, taking the first found as the background color: top, left, right, bottom. If all four corners are different colors, pnmcrop assumes an average of the four colors as the background color. The -sides option slows pnmcrop down, as it reads the entire image to determine the background color in addition to the up to three times that it would read it without -sides. -left Remove any left border. -right Remove any right border. -top Remove any top border. -bottom Remove any bottom border. -verbose Print on Standard Error information about the processing, including exactly how much is being cropped off of which sides. SEE ALSO
pnmcut(1), pnmfile(1), pnm(5) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989 by Jef Poskanzer. 18 March 2001 pnmcrop(1)