Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers UNIX System V Mount Floppy Drive Post 302832731 by Corona688 on Monday 15th of July 2013 03:23:38 PM
Old 07-15-2013
You will need a crossover cable, with the right ends and pinout to connect directly from a computer to a computer.

I don't know what you mean by 'bidirectional'. Ordinary serial cables and crossovers are both two-way.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies

2. BSD

Floppy drive problem.

My FreeBSD install at ad0s1, and Windows 2000 at ad2s1. Everytime I start my FreeBSD, it shows me this message: fdc0: cmd 3 failed at out byte 1 of 3 pmtimer 0 on isa0 fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range (6 ports) My Floppy drive info: 0x03F2 - 0x03F3 0x03F4 - 0x03F5 0x03F7 - 0x03F7... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: _cs
6 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

mount a floppy in UNIX BSDi 3

Anybody know how to mount a floppy in BSDi3 UNIX? Have tried all the standard commands with no luck. This includes: mount /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy mount /mnt/floppy (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpalmer320
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a network computer/drive in unix?

:D hey all, how do you scan/mount a network drive or computer/directory? thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: emplate
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Floppy will not mount on SUSE

I have installed SUSE 10 on a laptop that has a swappable CDROM/Floppy drive. When I was installing the OS my CDROM was connected. Later I tried to swap it with the Floppy and mount it but no success. Here is what I get: dell:/dev # mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /mnt /dev/fd0: Invalid argument ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: reedcat
0 Replies

6. AIX

mount floppy, to be sure

Hi there, I never touch a AIX because i'm used to work on FreeBSD. I'll have to copy some file from a floppy to an AIX. Just to be sure is the mount command the same ? I mean a simple mount /dev/fd0 /floppy should work ? Thanks :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Yogz
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mount a windows drive on unix

Hi, I would like to be able to mount windows xp to a unix system, so that I can pull data from windows machine for backup and store it on the unix server. Does anyone know how I can go about mounting the windows drive in unix. Thanks, Eric (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejbrever
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 10 floppy drive problem

I have inserted a diskette but I don't see the files nor the floppy drive. These are the commands I ran. #volcheck -v #rmformat With rmformat, only the CD-ROM is listed. I don't see any floppy drive. How can I get my floppy drive to work?? I know it is connected b/c when I boot in XP, I... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kungpow
0 Replies

9. SCO

mounting USB floppy drive /Flash drive in OSR 6.0

Can anybody help me out to mount USB flash /floppy drive in sco openserver 6.0 . (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshdrajan
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to Mount a Unix share drive on Windows

We are trying to mount a Unix share drive on a Windows 2003 server to avoid transfering files accross the network using sftp. I can see shared drives on the Solaris server using the "share" command. How can I mount the drives on my Windows server so that I can read them directly. Do I need... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rbdenham
2 Replies
xbill(6)							   Games Manual 							  xbill(6)

NAME
xbill - save your computers from Wingdows [TM] virus SYNOPSIS
xbill [-l level] [--gui gui] [--sizesize] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
Ever get the feeling that nothing is going right? You're a sysadmin, and someone's trying to destroy your computers. The little people running around the screen are trying to infect your computers with Wingdows [TM], a virus cleverly designed to resemble a popular operating system. Your objective is to click the mouse on them, ending their potential threat. If one of the people reaches a computer, it will attempt to replace your operating system with the virus it carries. It will then attempt to run off the screen with your vital software. The game ends when only 1 (or 0) of your computers are being productive. Additionally, some computers are connected with network cables. When one computer on a network becomes infected, a spark will be sent down the cable, and will infect the computer on the other end when it reaches there. Clicking the button on one of the little people will cause it to cry out in pain and melt (id software eat your heart out!), dropping the stolen os if it is carrying one. If a computer is running Wingdows or is temporarily off, the os can be dragged back to the computer (or another computer compatible with that os). To extinguish a spark, drag the bucket of water from the upper left corner onto it. The status bar at the bottom tells the following: Number of Bills on/off the screen Number of Computers running their OS/off/Wingdows Level Score OPTIONS
-l n Start at level n. --gui gui Use a specific front end. The possible values are gtk, motif, and athena. Note that some of these may not be compiled into the binary. --size size Play on a field of size x size, instead of the normal 400x400. size must be larger than 400. -v Print version number and exit. -h Print help and exit. When using the GTK gui, all standard GTK options are supported. When using the Athena or Motif GUI, all standard X Intrinsics options are supported. AUTHORS
Main Programmer: Brian Wellington <bwelling@xbill.org> Programming & graphics (v2.0 and earlier): Matias Duarte <matias@hyperimage.com> COPYING
Copyright (c) 1994-2001 Psychosoft It's FREE! If you want to express your undying gratitude to us for bringing a small bit of meaning into your otherwise pointless existence, you could always send us e-mail. XBill is distributed under the GNU General Public License. Go play the game now! Version 2.1 October 2001 xbill(6)