Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Starting with C-Programming
Top Forums Programming Starting with C-Programming Post 302832705 by Dr. Nick on Monday 15th of July 2013 01:27:42 PM
Old 07-15-2013
thank you very much!

maybe while I'm continuing my work with my textbook some other people have some thoughts? Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Starting X?

I just installed FreeBSD 4.5 and I want to find out how I can start and run X? When I boot I get taken to the command line. Xconfigurator doesn't want to work. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: AMDPwred
2 Replies

2. Programming

c programming or unix programming!?

i would like advice on the usbject of c programming (in the middle of reading a book on C). could i benefit more if i apply that knowledge in the unix format if i were able to, or would that take the point out of learning C, basically I want to stay away from strying too far away from unix and use... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Starting over

I am re-learning UNIX and want to download Unix to my lab for studying on the road. Any suggestions? Got several books, but need to run scripts :rolleyes: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: DudeMan
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Systems Programming Vs Unix Programming

Several months ago I found a link that explained the difference between how a Unix Systems Admin would do scripting compared to what a Unix Programmer would do. It showed a basic script and then show several iterations that explained how the Systems Admin would change it to make it better. I was... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: BCarlson
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Carreer:Networking Programming in Unix (C programming Language)

Hello, I am trying to learn Networking Programming in C in unix enviorment. I want to know how good it is to become a network programmer. i am crazy about Network programming but i also want to opt for the best carreer options. Anybody experienced Network Programmer, please tell me is my... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
5 Replies

6. Programming

C Programming - Hardware Programming

Can someone help me on suggesting some ways to access the memory content in RAM directly from C/C++ source code. Please provide me any book name or any URL so that I can get an exhaustive knowledge over it. If possible please give me some tips on interacting with hardwares directly through... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nandumishra
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ?

How does unix system administration, unix programming, unix network programming differ? Please help. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thulasidharan2k
0 Replies

8. Web Development

What are web design programming steps starting with HTML?

I'm studying web design and I would like to know the stages to knowing what you will ultimately need to know when entering this profession. With HTML being the step one and the basics, to I think XHTML and Css, being two, what's next? JavaScript? MySQL? Can some one provide an ordered list of... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anna Hussie
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

From iOS programming to Linux system programming

Hello. I like Linux and C programming language. Allways wanted to understand kernel and become a Linux system programmer. And I also like Objective-C and iOS. These two programming areas have relations: 1. Linux and iOS are UNIX-like systems, POSIX compliant. 2. It is useful to know C language... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rockatansky
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies
CONSTANTS(5)							LAM FORTRAN LIBRARY						      CONSTANTS(5)

NAME
CONSTANTS - constants for LAM Fortran programming DESCRIPTION
The following table describes the values appropriate to various constants used in LAM. It also describes the meaning of the constants and lists the cpp(1) header files in which the constants can be found. To use these files, the Fortran source files will need to be passed through cpp(1) before they are given to the Fortran compiler. Some compiler drivers will run cpp(1) if the source file suffix is .F. In lieu of cpp(1), the constants can be copied to parameter statements in the Fortran source files. CONSTANT VALUE DESCRIPTION FILE Network Constants: LOCAL -2147483647 local node NET.h MAXNMSGLEN 8192 maximum length of one message packet NET.h NHDSIZE 8 maximum size in words of ndata NET.h argument NOTNODEID -2147483648 error occurred in IGNDID(2) NET.h NOTNODETYPE -2147483648 error occurred in IGRTP(2) NET.h Node Types: NTCAST 2 multicast definition NET.h NTWASTE 4 not fully used/wasted NET.h NTDISK 8 node with attached disk NET.h NTTUBE 16 node with attached video unit NET.h NTJONES 32 node is a neighbour NET.h NTBOOT 64 neighbour node to boot NET.h NTALL 127 matches any type NET.h Message Flags: NOBUF 16 turn off buffering NET.h NREEL 1024 multireel NET.h DRAWDATA 65536 ndata representation will not be NET.h changed DINT4DATA 131072 ndata holds 8 32-bit integer NET.h DFLT4DATA 262144 ndata holds 8 single precision reals NET.h DFLT8DATA 524288 ndata holds 4 double precision reals NET.h DRAWMSG 1048576 nmsg representation will not be NET.h changed DINT4MSG 2097152 nmsg holds integers NET.h DFLT4MSG 4194304 nmsg holds single precision reals NET.h DFLT8MSG 8388608 nmsg holds double precision reals NET.h Reserved Cast Identifiers: HOST2ALL -2147483646 multicast from origin to all nodes NET.h HOST2COMP -2147483642 multicast from origin to compute nodes NET.h File Flags: O_RDONLY 0 open for reading only FREQ.h O_WRONLY 1 open for writing only FREQ.h O_RDWR 2 open for reading and writing FREQ.h O_APPEND 8 append on each write FREQ.h O_CREAT 512 create file if it does not exist FREQ.h O_TRUNC 1024 truncate length to 0 FREQ.h O_EXCL 2048 error if create and file exists FREQ.h O_SYNC 8192 update file data and file status FREQ.h before writing O_LOCK 65536 lock file descriptor active FREQ.h O_REUSE 131072 reuse existing file descriptor FREQ.h O_1WAY 4194304 do not acknowledge writes FREQ.h Process Runtime Flags: RTF_WAIT 16 child sends a message to NET.h parent when it exits RTF_TRACE 256 enable process tracing NET.h LAM 7.1.4 July, 2007 CONSTANTS(5)