Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help me with shell script command to print Post 302832635 by anitha11889 on Monday 15th of July 2013 10:30:50 AM
Old 07-15-2013
Help me with shell script command to print

I have a file with similar line like below

/u13/orabkup/u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123

Now I need to have only u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123 rather than /u13/orabkup/u13/orabkup/abcd/arc82.123

Kindly help me to print /u13/orabkup/ only once and the file name abcd/arc82.123..

Thanks & Regards
Anitha

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to print output using shell command

suppose u have 2 files ; where both files have one line in common. say one file like that >gi|62859953|ref|NP_001017322.1| plexin B2 MKEKERTKAITEIYLTRLLSVKGTLQQFVDNFFQSVLNSNQVVPPAVKYFFDFLDEQAEKYEIKDEDTVHIWKTNSLSLR... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cdfd123
13 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - why is the shell script executed before the print command?

i'm writing some simple scripts to help me learn perl. why does the print command get called after the shell script is executed? the purpose of the shell script is to simply echo to the screen "script run". which is does, but before the print command, you can clearly see the shell script is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjays
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to print '*' triangle

plz tell me how to print * triangle like this * ** *** **** ***** (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: akash
12 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux Shell Question: how to print the shell script name ?

Suppose I have a script named "sc.sh" in the script how to print out its name "sc.sh"? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: meili100
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

print output of a command in same as shell in mail : please help

i have written a simple script to print the out of a command and send an mail but i am not getting a shell output here .please see my script present output is like this i need an output as same as shell Postfix log summaries for Jan 24 Grand Totals ------------ messages 1432 received 1439... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unimaxlin
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to print date and no.of records

hi all, i want script to print the output in the following format filename yyyy/mm/dd count where count= no.of records in the file Thanks in advance hemanthsaikumar (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemanthsaikumar
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass shell script variable to awk command in same shell script

I have a shell script (.sh) and I want to pass a parameter value to the awk command but I am getting exception, please assist. diff=$1$2.diff id=$2 new=new_$diff echo "My id is $1" echo "I want to sync for user account $id" ##awk command I am using is as below cat $diff | awk... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ashunayak
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print 1 to 10 with space in shell script

Hi, I want to print 1 to 10 or upto any number sequentially with space in a single line. Like, 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ...... In shell script only.. Can anyone plz help me. Thanks: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: arup1980
14 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print statement in shell script

Hi All, when I executed the query in normal unix mode, the output is expected. if I executed the query using shell script, I am not getting the result. not sure whether I need to use dbms_output.put_line or echo. dbms_output.put_line("COUNTRY_CODE"||" "||"SUB_TYPE"||" ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun888
3 Replies
orber_acl(3erl) 					     Erlang Module Definition						   orber_acl(3erl)

NAME
orber_acl - Orber ACL operations DESCRIPTION
This module contains functions intended for analyzing Access Control List (ACL) filters. The filters uses a extended format of Classless Inter Domain Routing (CIDR). For example, "123.123.123.10" limits the connection to that particular host, while "123.123.123.10/17" allows connections to or from any host equal to the 17 most significant bits. Orber also allow the user to specify a certain port or port range, for example, "123.123.123.10/17#4001" and "123.123.123.10/17#4001/5001" respectively. IPv4 or none compressed IPv6 strings are accepted. EXPORTS
match(IP, Direction) -> boolean() match(IP, Direction, GetInfo) -> Reply Types IP = tuple() | [integer()] Direction = tcp_in | ssl_in | tcp_out | ssl_out GetInfo = boolean() Reply = boolean() | {boolean(), [Interface], PortInfo} Interface = string() PortInfo = integer() | {integer(), integer()} If GetInfo is not supplied or set to false, this operation returns a boolean which tells if the IPv4 or IPv6 address would pass the ACL filter, defined by the iiop_acl configuration parameter, or not. When GetInfo is set to true, a tuple which, besides the boolean that tells if access was granted, also include the defined interfaces and port(s). This operation requires that Orber is running and can be used on a live node to determine if Orber has been properly configured. verify(IP, Filter, Family) -> Reply Types IP = string() Filter = string() Family = inet | inet6 Reply = true | {false, From, To} | {error, string()} From = string() To = string() This operation returns true if the IPv4 or IPv6 address would pass the supplied ACL. If that is not the case, a tuple containing the accepted range is returned. This operation should only be used for test purposes. range(Filter, Family) -> Reply Types Filter = string() Family = inet | inet6 Reply = {ok, From, To} | {error, string()} From = string() To = string() Returns the range of accepted IP addresses based on the supplied filter. This operation should only be used for test purposes. Ericsson AB orber 3.6.20 orber_acl(3erl)