Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing two files and generating the report Post 302832593 by Prashantckc on Monday 15th of July 2013 09:14:39 AM
Old 07-15-2013
Sorry did not get your question.

For records which are added, I am using
comm -13 file1 file2 ...and this will give me only lines in File2

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating files of specific size

I've been working on getting a script to take size, dir name and file name variables from an input file and creating the same dir structure along with the file of specific size. An example of the input file: size/dirname/filename 2100/JAN_06/12345ABC.TCC 2354/FEB_06/24564XYZ.NOS... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nxd25
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a report -Formatted printing -Urgent

Hi, My aim is to generate a report using shell script. There are various formats fields coloumns etc. I want to print in a single line (row) but in different coloumn as given below: field1 field2 field3 field4 ....... ....... ...... ....... The spacing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jisha
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating files.

I/P file name:- 20092008.txt Check number of entries in i/p file by following command ChkEnt -infl 20092008.txt -opfl 20092008_test.txt >count.txt Dear Friends, Please help me in automating following thing. If output generated (count.txt) is having value more than 1000 i.e.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushree.a
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing out the logs and generating report

My file will contain following(log.txt): start testcase: config loading ...... error XXXX ..... end testcase: config loading, result failed start testcase: ping check ..... error ZZZZZ ..... error AAAAA end testcase: Ping check, result failed I am expecting below output. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shellscripter
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk Script for generating a report

Hi all, I have a log file of the below format. 20081016:000042 asdflasjdf asljfljs asdflasjf safjl 20081016:000229 /lask/ajlsdf/askdfjsa 20081016:000229 /lashflas /askdfaslj hsfhsahf 20081016:000304 lasflasj ashfashd 20081016:000304 lajfasdf ashfashdfhs I need to generate a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.naidu
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating a count report

Hi, I want to generate a report for count mismatching. Steps followed for creating a script for file in 1). I have to fetch the file name from the checksum.out #customer_information_ 2). Added Detail #customer_information_Detail 3). Check the file exist or not. 3.1.1)if the the file... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: number10
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generating MD5's of files

On my website I host a lot of files, and when people view the site, currently each time the page loads, I have PHP generating the md5 sums for the files right then and there. It was fine when my site was small, but now that's obviously very inefficient. Now I'd like to start generating MD5 sums... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: GrdLock
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

generating report in Excel(Open office) using shell scripting

Hello All, I need to execute around 15 queries after which all data should come in Excel format. Executing 15 queries is not a problem. Problem is how to present/put data in excel. kindly suggest me how to start, what to study or what should i do. thanks, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shubham8787
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Novice in shell scripting - generating report

Hi I recently joined a project where I have been asked to generate a report using shell script accessing UNIX box. I have no idea on how to do it as I am a beginner and learning shell scripts. Suppose I have a XML: <XYZRequest> <effectiveDate>someDate</effectiveDate>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vat1kor
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files on row by row and send the report

Comparing two files on row by row File1 ecount~100 dcount~200 ccount~300 zxcscount~5000 and so on. File2 ecount~100 dcount~203 ccount~300 zxcscount~5000 and so on. If i use diff command (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: onesuri
1 Replies
MYSQLBUG(1)						       MySQL Database System						       MYSQLBUG(1)

NAME
mysqlbug - generate bug report SYNOPSIS
mysqlbug DESCRIPTION
This program enables you to generate a bug report and send it to Oracle Corporation. It is a shell script and runs on Unix. The normal way to report bugs is to visit http://bugs.mysql.com/, which is the address for our bugs database. This database is public and can be browsed and searched by anyone. If you log in to the system, you can enter new reports. If you have no Web access, you can generate a bug report by using the mysqlbug script. mysqlbug helps you generate a report by determining much of the following information automatically, but if something important is missing, please include it with your message. mysqlbug can be found in the scripts directory (source distribution) and in the bin directory under your MySQL installation directory (binary distribution). Invoke mysqlbug without arguments: shell> mysqlbug The script will place you in an editor with a copy of the report to be sent. Edit the lines near the beginning that indicate the nature of the problem. Then write the file to save your changes, quit the editor, and mysqlbug will send the report by email. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2007-2008 MySQL AB, 2008-2010 Sun Microsystems, Inc. This documentation is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it only under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 2 of the License. This documentation is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with the program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA or see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/. SEE ALSO
For more information, please refer to the MySQL Reference Manual, which may already be installed locally and which is also available online at http://dev.mysql.com/doc/. AUTHOR
Sun Microsystems, Inc. (http://www.mysql.com/). MySQL 5.1 04/06/2010 MYSQLBUG(1)