Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk not working for calculating no of lines with criteria Post 302832575 by pamu on Monday 15th of July 2013 08:14:01 AM
Old 07-15-2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by siramitsharma
I have tar.gz file and i want to count the lines which are matching the criteria as well as which are not matching the criteria. Following is the code

Output Requirement:
Match the input from zcat with 26th filed having 02 value, in case it matches then print the output in a file & increase the match counter by 1 & in case it doesnt matches then increase the not match counter. At last i have 2 files one having the records in a.txt file & another file having match counter & not match counter values.

But this is not working, please help

Code:
zcat filename.tar.gz | awk -v mon="07" '
BEGIN {
 if (( (substr($0,26,2)=="02") && substr($0,84,2) == month  ))
  print $0 >> "a.txt"
  ++matchcounter
 else 
 ++notmatch 
 ;}
END { print matchcounter","notmatch >> "countfile"}
'

Try without BEGIN
Code:
zcat filename.tar.gz | awk -v mon="07" '
    {
 if (( (substr($0,26,2)=="02") && substr($0,84,2) == month  ))
  print $0 >> "a.txt"
  ++matchcounter
 else 
 ++notmatch}
    END { print matchcounter","notmatch >> "countfile"}'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

selection criteria in Access query not working

Attached are views of the components of a dummy Access database. The database represents an example of the problem that has reared its ugly head. The query example is a simple "Selection" query, which, after getting it to work, will become an "Append" query. The selected data will be appended... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hipockets
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete new lines based on search criteria

Hi all! A bit of background: I am trying to create a script that formats SQL statements. I have gotten so far as to add new lines based on certain match criteria like commas, keywords etc. In the process, I end up adding newlines where I don't want. For example: substr(colName, 1, 10)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayarkay
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing lines which match certain criteria

Hi, I have code which is like this <TABLE name="UsageDetail_24> <ROW> <Date24><!]></Date24> <Time24><!]></Time24> <Destination24><!]></Destination24> <Rate24><!]></Rate24> <Duration24><!]></Duration24> <Cost24><!]></Cost24> <Allowance24><!]></Allowance24> </ROW> <ROW>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legolad
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating 12th working day

I have a business requirement in my project where I need to calculate the 12th working day of every month. Can any please tell me the solution to my problem. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ami_smart
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk calculating between lines

Hey guys, maybe you can help me with this... I want to read input.dat line by line, while doing a simple calculation between the second column value of the current line and the second column value of the next line (like a difference). input is something like this: 0 3.945757 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: origamisven
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines that match certain criteria

Hi all I have a text file with the following format: id col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 col6 col7 ... row1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row3 0 0 0 0 0 0.2 0 row4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row6 0 0 0 0.1 0 0 0 row7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... The file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautig
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Lines based on criteria

Hello, Need help with following scenario. A file contains following text: {beginning of file} New: This is a new record and it is not on same line. Since I have lost touch with script take this challenge and bring all this in one line. New: Hello losttouch. You seem to be struggling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: losttouch
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select lines from a file based on a criteria

Hi I need to select lines from a txt file, I have got a line starting with ZMIO:MSISDN= and after a few line I have another line starting with 'MOBILE STATION ISDN NUMBER' and another one starting with 'VLR-ADDRESS' I need to copy these three lines as three different columns in a separate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlcm sam
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need To Delete Lines Based On Search Criteria

Hi All, I have following input file. I wish to retain those lines which match multiple search criteria. The search criteria is stored in a variable seperated from each other by comma(,). SEARCH_CRITERIA = "REJECT, DUPLICATE" Input File: ERROR,MYFILE_20130214_11387,9,37.75... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies
EXIGREP(8)                                                    System Manager's Manual                                                   EXIGREP(8)

NAME
EXIGREP - Search Exim's main log SYNOPSIS
exigrep [-l] pattern [log file] ... DESCRIPTION
The exigrep utility is a Perl script that searches one or more main log files for entries that match a given pattern. When it finds a match, it extracts all the log entries for the relevant message, not just those that match the pattern. Thus, exigrep can extract complete log entries for a given message, or all mail for a given user, or for a given host, for example. The -l flag means 'literal', that is, treat all characters in the pattern as standing for themselves. Otherwise the pattern must be a Perl regular expression. The pattern match is case-insensitive. If no file names are given on the command line, the standard input is read. If the location of a zcat command is known from the definition of ZCAT_COMMAND in Local/Makefile, exigrep automatically passes any file whose name ends in COMPRESS_SUFFIX through zcat as it searches it. BUGS
This manual page needs a major re-work. If somebody knows better groff than us and has more experience in writing manual pages, any patches would be greatly appreciated. SEE ALSO
exim(8), perlre(1), /usr/share/doc/exim4-base/ AUTHOR
This manual page was stitched together from spec.txt by Andreas Metzler <ametzler at downhill.at.eu.org>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). March 26, 2003 EXIGREP(8)