Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk not working for calculating no of lines with criteria Post 302832573 by siramitsharma on Monday 15th of July 2013 08:05:24 AM
Old 07-15-2013
awk not working for calculating no of lines with criteria

I have tar.gz file and i want to count the lines which are matching the criteria as well as which are not matching the criteria. Following is the code

Output Requirement:
Match the input from zcat with 26th filed having 02 value, in case it matches then print the output in a file & increase the match counter by 1 & in case it doesnt matches then increase the not match counter. At last i have 2 files one having the records in a.txt file & another file having match counter & not match counter values.

But this is not working, please help

Code:
zcat filename.tar.gz | awk -v mon="07" '
BEGIN {
 if (( (substr($0,26,2)=="02") && substr($0,84,2) == month  ))
  print $0 >> "a.txt"
  ++matchcounter
 else 
 ++notmatch 
 ;}
END { print matchcounter","notmatch >> "countfile"}
'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

selection criteria in Access query not working

Attached are views of the components of a dummy Access database. The database represents an example of the problem that has reared its ugly head. The query example is a simple "Selection" query, which, after getting it to work, will become an "Append" query. The selected data will be appended... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hipockets
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete new lines based on search criteria

Hi all! A bit of background: I am trying to create a script that formats SQL statements. I have gotten so far as to add new lines based on certain match criteria like commas, keywords etc. In the process, I end up adding newlines where I don't want. For example: substr(colName, 1, 10)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayarkay
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing lines which match certain criteria

Hi, I have code which is like this <TABLE name="UsageDetail_24> <ROW> <Date24><!]></Date24> <Time24><!]></Time24> <Destination24><!]></Destination24> <Rate24><!]></Rate24> <Duration24><!]></Duration24> <Cost24><!]></Cost24> <Allowance24><!]></Allowance24> </ROW> <ROW>... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: legolad
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating 12th working day

I have a business requirement in my project where I need to calculate the 12th working day of every month. Can any please tell me the solution to my problem. Thanks in advance (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ami_smart
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk calculating between lines

Hey guys, maybe you can help me with this... I want to read input.dat line by line, while doing a simple calculation between the second column value of the current line and the second column value of the next line (like a difference). input is something like this: 0 3.945757 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: origamisven
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print lines that match certain criteria

Hi all I have a text file with the following format: id col1 col2 col3 col4 col5 col6 col7 ... row1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row3 0 0 0 0 0 0.2 0 row4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row6 0 0 0 0.1 0 0 0 row7 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row8 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 row9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ... The file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gautig
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging Lines based on criteria

Hello, Need help with following scenario. A file contains following text: {beginning of file} New: This is a new record and it is not on same line. Since I have lost touch with script take this challenge and bring all this in one line. New: Hello losttouch. You seem to be struggling... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: losttouch
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Select lines from a file based on a criteria

Hi I need to select lines from a txt file, I have got a line starting with ZMIO:MSISDN= and after a few line I have another line starting with 'MOBILE STATION ISDN NUMBER' and another one starting with 'VLR-ADDRESS' I need to copy these three lines as three different columns in a separate... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tlcm sam
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need To Delete Lines Based On Search Criteria

Hi All, I have following input file. I wish to retain those lines which match multiple search criteria. The search criteria is stored in a variable seperated from each other by comma(,). SEARCH_CRITERIA = "REJECT, DUPLICATE" Input File: ERROR,MYFILE_20130214_11387,9,37.75... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies
BF_TAR(1)						    Bogofilter Reference Manual 						 BF_TAR(1)

NAME
bf_tar - shell script to write a tar file of a bogofilter directory to stdout SYNOPSIS
bf_tar [-r] [-R] bogofilter_directory DESCRIPTION
bf_tar bundles a bogofilter working directory in tar format and copies it to standard output (your console, or where you redirect it, see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The -r option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files after the archive has been written successfully. The default is to leave log files. The -R option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files before the archive is written. This may reduce chances that the resulting archive is recoverable should it become damaged. The archive may be smaller though. The default is to leave log files. EXIT STATUS
The script exits with status code 0 if everything went well, and nonzero if it encountered trouble. EXAMPLES
o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter > outfile.tar Writes a standard .tar file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar. o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter | gzip -9 -c > outfile.tar.gz Writes a gzipped .tar.gz file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar.gz. o bf_tar `pwd`/mydirectory > outfile.tar Prepend $(pwd)/ or `pwd`/ if you want to specify an absolute path instead of a relative path. NOTES
This script is meant for use with Berkeley DB based bogofilter versions. This script requires a SUSv2 compliant pax utility. This script expects a SUSv2 compliant shell. Solaris systems should have the SUNWxcu4 package installed (when bogofilter is configured) so that /usr/xpg4/bin/sh can be used. AUTHORS
Matthias Andree Bogofilter 10/22/2012 BF_TAR(1)