Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Script to log in SFTP server [with username, password] Post 302832503 by millan on Monday 15th of July 2013 03:44:57 AM
Old 07-15-2013
The only way is to use key authentication.
This User Gave Thanks to millan For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

username password in script

Can we write a script to telnet to a unix server from unix with the username and password hardcoded in the script?? something like ssh a@b -p password ??? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
5 Replies

2. Solaris

i wanto hardcode password for a username to ssh to a server using script

Dear all i want to ssh to a server via running a shell script with a username and i want to hard code the password for that particular username can u help me please Thank u Naree (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: naree
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Login through SFTP using username and password

Hi All, I want to login to a server through SFTP by giving username and password, in an automated script. I know that this can be done through public key authentication, but my requirement is to login ONLY through username and password. I am using GNU/Linux server. Please advise me !!!... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sparks
4 Replies

4. AIX

SFTP from one server to another with password

All, Is there a possibility to sftp a file from one AIX server to another AIX server with password? I do not want to use public or private key option as we would have required privileges for creating the keys. So Please provide the needful with a sample script. Thanks in Advance, Vijayakumar S... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuppu.uncle
2 Replies

5. UNIX and Linux Applications

Regarding NFS server username/password authentication

Hi; I had set up NFS server in one ubuntu box and mounted few directories using it. In order to access those directories across the network i m using j-ftp(an open source java network client) from other boxes in the same network.I am able to view my mounted directories in the server through it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Auto Script to Access external Server via SFTP using Password and Key

Hello All, I am stuck! I have access to an external server via SFTP. In order to access the external server I was given a specific port, password, and a ppk. I would to create a script on my server end that can I can setup as a corn job, that will connect to the external server and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingr008
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

Connect to remote server using sftp with password define within command/script

I am trying to connect to remote server in hp-ux, using sftp command (using sftp username@ip and password ) able to connect to remote server but, in this case sftp prompt for password and user need to manually enter it. I want sftp can read a password define in script or from file, so it can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ketanraut
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Script to get files from remote server to local server through sftp without prompting for password

Hi, I am trying to automate the process of fetching files from remote server to local server through sftp. I have the username and password for the remote solaris server. But I need to give password manually everytime i run the script. Can anyone help me in automating the script such that it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to send Two different password in Single script, having same username..?

Hi Team, i want to input two password for single node like pass1/pass2 one of the pass1 is working some node and pass2 is working for some nodes . For nodes having pass1 i have to run different script and for nodes having pass2 i have to run different script Sooo how can put two pass... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh Mankar
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can i su automaticaly in same server with different username and same password?

Hi I am new to shell scripting, Can you please help me in writing a script that can switch user in same server with different user name and same password. I want to perform some functional task in a particular user and need to switch user and perform same activity in another user and so on ... ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dew
4 Replies
hmac(3) 							      OpenSSL								   hmac(3)

NAME
HMAC, HMAC_Init, HMAC_Update, HMAC_Final, HMAC_cleanup - HMAC message authentication code SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/hmac.h> unsigned char *HMAC(const EVP_MD *evp_md, const void *key, int key_len, const unsigned char *d, int n, unsigned char *md, unsigned int *md_len); void HMAC_CTX_init(HMAC_CTX *ctx); void HMAC_Init(HMAC_CTX *ctx, const void *key, int key_len, const EVP_MD *md); void HMAC_Init_ex(HMAC_CTX *ctx, const void *key, int key_len, const EVP_MD *md); void HMAC_Update(HMAC_CTX *ctx, const unsigned char *data, int len); void HMAC_Final(HMAC_CTX *ctx, unsigned char *md, unsigned int *len); void HMAC_CTX_cleanup(HMAC_CTX *ctx); void HMAC_cleanup(HMAC_CTX *ctx); DESCRIPTION
HMAC is a MAC (message authentication code), i.e. a keyed hash function used for message authentication, which is based on a hash function. HMAC() computes the message authentication code of the n bytes at d using the hash function evp_md and the key key which is key_len bytes long. It places the result in md (which must have space for the output of the hash function, which is no more than EVP_MAX_MD_SIZE bytes). If md is NULL, the digest is placed in a static array. The size of the output is placed in md_len, unless it is NULL. evp_md can be EVP_sha1(), EVP_ripemd160() etc. key and evp_md may be NULL if a key and hash function have been set in a previous call to HMAC_Init() for that HMAC_CTX. HMAC_CTX_init() initialises a HMAC_CTX before first use. It must be called. HMAC_CTX_cleanup() erases the key and other data from the HMAC_CTX and releases any associated resources. It must be called when an HMAC_CTX is no longer required. HMAC_cleanup() is an alias for HMAC_CTX_cleanup() included for back compatibility with 0.9.6b, it is deprecated. The following functions may be used if the message is not completely stored in memory: HMAC_Init() initializes a HMAC_CTX structure to use the hash function evp_md and the key key which is key_len bytes long. It is deprecated and only included for backward compatibility with OpenSSL 0.9.6b. HMAC_Init_ex() initializes or reuses a HMAC_CTX structure to use the function evp_md and key key. Either can be NULL, in which case the existing one will be reused. HMAC_CTX_init() must have been called before the first use of an HMAC_CTX in this function. N.B. HMAC_Init() had this undocumented behaviour in previous versions of OpenSSL - failure to switch to HMAC_Init_ex() in programs that expect it will cause them to stop working. HMAC_Update() can be called repeatedly with chunks of the message to be authenticated (len bytes at data). HMAC_Final() places the message authentication code in md, which must have space for the hash function output. RETURN VALUES
HMAC() returns a pointer to the message authentication code. HMAC_CTX_init(), HMAC_Init_ex(), HMAC_Update(), HMAC_Final() and HMAC_CTX_cleanup() do not return values. CONFORMING TO
RFC 2104 SEE ALSO
sha(3), evp(3) HISTORY
HMAC(), HMAC_Init(), HMAC_Update(), HMAC_Final() and HMAC_cleanup() are available since SSLeay 0.9.0. HMAC_CTX_init(), HMAC_Init_ex() and HMAC_CTX_cleanup() are available since OpenSSL 0.9.7. 0.9.7a 2002-07-18 hmac(3)