Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers List Directory names which have the file Post 302832297 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 14th of July 2013 06:22:27 AM
Old 07-14-2013
@MadeinGermany:
The trouble with that is, that it does not work with directories with spaces, it will produce an asterisk if the files are not present and it will produce a trailing ORS character without a newline if the desired ORS ("/") is used...
This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

directory names in a flat file

Hi, Consider a flat file abc.conf contains some rows. Each row contains the directory name with full path. now I want to find a particular file in every directory which are mentioned in the abc.conf file. How it can be done through unix shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: surjyap
2 Replies

2. AIX

find for specific content in file in the directory and list only file names

Hi, I am trying to find the content of file using grep and find command and list only the file names but i am getting entire file list of files in the directory find . -exec grep "test" {} \; -ls Can anyone of you correct this (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu_Jagarapu
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for file names in a directory while ignoring certain file names

Sun Solaris Unix Question Haven't been able to find any solution for this situation. Let's just say the file names listed below exist in a directory. I want the find command to find all files in this directory but at the same time I want to eliminate certain file names or files with certain... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2reperry
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read file names in the directory?

I am having n files in a directory i want to read all the file names from the script file .It is better if any one provide a sample script. Elaborating the scenario: i am having n number of sql files in a directory i am running all the sql files from a single script. sqlplus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name

dear all. how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name like i have 3 files 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 and i have 3 directories 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 how can i make a loop to cp this files into the directory have the same name like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t17
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name?

dear all. how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name like i have 3 files 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 and i have 3 directories 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 how can i make a loop to cp this files into the directory have the same name like... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: t17
31 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to list the file names in a directory

Hi all, I need a shell script to write into a .txt file the no of files in a directory with extension and separated by comma in between. For eg, a directory contains files like a.csv b.csv c.csv d.csv Then the output in the output.txt file should be like a.csv,b.csv,c.csv,d.csv ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dubuku_01
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare file names on directory

Dears, Would you please help on following bash script: I want to get the most recent file named alfaYYYYMMDD.gz in one directory: for example: in directory /tmp/ ls -ltr alfa20130715.gz holding.gz alfa20130705.gz sart.txt merge.txt.gz alfa20130802.gz my result shoud be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maxsub
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to list files names and sizes in a directory and output result to the file?

Hi , I'm trying to list the files and output is written to a file. But when I execute the command , the output file is being listed. How to exclude it ? /tmp file1.txt file2.txt ls -ltr |grep -v '-' | awk print {$9, $5} > output.txt cat output.txt file1.txt file2.txt output.txt (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
8 Replies
DH_CLEAN(1)                                                          Debhelper                                                         DH_CLEAN(1)

NAME
dh_clean - clean up package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_clean [debhelperoptions] [-k] [-d] [-Xitem] [path...] DESCRIPTION
dh_clean is a debhelper program that is responsible for cleaning up after a package is built. It removes the package build directories, and removes some other files including debian/files, and any detritus left behind by other debhelper commands. It also removes common files that should not appear in a Debian diff: #*# *~ DEADJOE *.orig *.rej *.SUMS TAGS .deps/* *.P *-stamp It does not run "make clean" to clean up after the build process. Use dh_auto_clean(1) to do things like that. dh_clean should be the last debhelper command run in the clean target in debian/rules. FILES
debian/clean Can list other paths to be removed. Note that directories listed in this file must end with a trailing slash. Any content in these directories will be removed as well. OPTIONS
-k, --keep This is deprecated, use dh_prep(1) instead. The option is removed in compat 12. -d, --dirs-only Only clean the package build directories, do not clean up any other files at all. -Xitem --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being deleted, even if they would normally be deleted. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. path ... Delete these paths too. Note that directories passed as arguments must end with a trailing slash. Any content in these directories will be removed as well. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_CLEAN(1)