Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Zpool /ZFS recovery
Operating Systems Solaris Zpool /ZFS recovery Post 302831639 by Peasant on Thursday 11th of July 2013 10:53:15 AM
Old 07-11-2013
Can you tell me if the corruption occurred because the ldom was started on another server while it was running ?

If so, it might be possible corruption occurred for zones zpool as well.

Is zpool status indicating anything but rpool ?
Can you confirm zpool zones pool disks are present and properly configured
Code:
ldm list-services
ldm list -e <ldom>

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Zfs::zpool.cache file

Hi All, I am trying to read zpool.cache file to find out pool information like pool name, devices it uses and all properties. File seems to be in packed format.I am not sure how to unpack it. But from opensolaris code base we can see that they have used libz for uncompromising this file, but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: shailesh_111
0 Replies

2. Solaris

ZPOOL help..

hi ... i have added a physical disk to the pool with ""zpool add <poolname> diskname"""... after that i realized that i have to mirror it instead..then i tried to take that disk out of the pool but i m not able to do that.. i have gone through many unix help sites , nothing worked , so please... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: yrajendergoud
6 Replies

3. BSD

Unable to create zfs zpool in FreeBSD 8.2: no such pool or dataset

I am trying to test simple zfs functionality on a FreeBSD 8.2 VM. When I try to run a 'zpool create' I receive the following error: # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0s1a cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or dataset # zpool create zfspool /dev/da0 cannot create 'zfspool': no such pool or... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstring
3 Replies

4. Solaris

How to tell what disks are used for a zpool?

Hello, Does anyone know how I can tell what disk are being not being used by a zpool? For example in Veritas Volume manager, I can run a "vxdisk list" and disks that are marked as "online invalid" are disk that are not used. I'm looking for a similar command in ZFS which will easily show... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: robertinoau
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Upgrading Solaris - what happens to zpool/zfs versions

Hi everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me out here. I've googled lots and don't think I can find an easy answer to this. We're in the process of upgrading Solaris from v10 5/08 to v10 9/10. The zpools for luns are currently at version 10, and I understand Solaris v10 9/10 has support for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: badoshi
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Is there any GUI or web ui to administrate zfs/zpool

HI, Is there any GUI or web ui to administrate zfs/zpool. i want to monitor/expand/migrate zfs from one machine to another machine (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bentech4u
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Restore of Netapp FC lun targets used as the disks for a zpool with exported zfs file systems

So, We have a Netapp storage solution. We have Sparc T4-4s running with LDOMS and client zones in the LDOMS, We are using FC for storage comms. So here's the basic setup FC luns are exported to the primary on the Sparc box. using LDM they are then exported to the LDOM using vdisk. at the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: os2mac
4 Replies

8. Solaris

How to split a zfs/zpool mirror for backout purposes?

Hello, I am upgrading Veritas from 5.1 to 6.0.1/6.0.5 in a Solaris 10 u8 server with OS mirrored (rpool) in zfs/zpool configuration. I need to split it to have a quick way to backout in case of failure (make splitted mirror side bootable for a quick revert, like booting from it). I remember... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroccimx
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Zpool mirroring

Now this doesnt look right to me. All of these disks are 100Gb LUNS so total zpool size is 300Gb. Am I right in saying that this zpool consists of two disks plus one more disk that is 6 way mirrored? So a bit pointless because only one of the three is mirrored (and 6 way is a bit of overkill... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
3 Replies
GPTZFSBOOT(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     GPTZFSBOOT(8)

NAME
gptzfsboot -- GPT bootcode for ZFS on BIOS-based computers DESCRIPTION
gptzfsboot is used on BIOS-based computers to boot from a filesystem in a ZFS pool. gptzfsboot is installed in a freebsd-boot partition of a GPT-partitioned disk with gpart(8). IMPLEMENTATION NOTES
The GPT standard allows a variable number of partitions, but gptzfsboot only boots from tables with 128 partitions or less. BOOTING
gptzfsboot tries to find all ZFS pools that are composed of BIOS-visible hard disks or partitions on them. gptzfsboot looks for ZFS device labels on all visible disks and in discovered supported partitions for all supported partition scheme types. The search starts with the disk from which gptzfsboot itself was loaded. Other disks are probed in BIOS defined order. After a disk is probed and gptzfsboot determines that the whole disk is not a ZFS pool member, the individual partitions are probed in their partition table order. Currently GPT and MBR partition schemes are supported. With the GPT scheme, only partitions of type freebsd-zfs are probed. The first pool seen during probing is used as a default boot pool. The filesystem specified by the bootfs property of the pool is used as a default boot filesystem. If the bootfs property is not set, then the root filesystem of the pool is used as the default. zfsloader(8) is loaded from the boot filesystem. If /boot.config or /boot/config is present in the boot filesystem, boot options are read from it in the same way as boot(8). The ZFS GUIDs of the first successfully probed device and the first detected pool are made available to zfsloader(8) in the vfs.zfs.boot.primary_vdev and vfs.zfs.boot.primary_pool variables. USAGE
Normally gptzfsboot will boot in fully automatic mode. However, like boot(8), it is possible to interrupt the automatic boot process and interact with gptzfsboot through a prompt. gptzfsboot accepts all the options that boot(8) supports. The filesystem specification and the path to zfsloader(8) are different from boot(8). The format is [zfs:pool/filesystem:][/path/to/loader] Both the filesystem and the path can be specified. If only a path is specified, then the default filesystem is used. If only a pool and filesystem are specified, then /boot/zfsloader is used as a path. Additionally, the status command can be used to query information about discovered pools. The output format is similar to that of zpool status (see zpool(8)). The configured or automatically determined ZFS boot filesystem is stored in the zfsloader(8) loaddev variable, and also set as the initial value of the currdev variable. FILES
/boot/gptzfsboot boot code binary /boot.config parameters for the boot block (optional) /boot/config alternative parameters for the boot block (optional) EXAMPLES
gptzfsboot is typically installed in combination with a ``protective MBR'' (see gpart(8)). To install gptzfsboot on the ada0 drive: gpart bootcode -b /boot/pmbr -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 ada0 gptzfsboot can also be installed without the PMBR: gpart bootcode -p /boot/gptzfsboot -i 1 ada0 SEE ALSO
boot.config(5), boot(8), gpart(8), loader(8), zfsloader(8), zpool(8) HISTORY
gptzfsboot appeared in FreeBSD 7.3. AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>. BUGS
gptzfsboot looks for ZFS meta-data only in MBR partitions (known on FreeBSD as slices). It does not look into BSD disklabel(8) partitions that are traditionally called partitions. If a disklabel partition happens to be placed so that ZFS meta-data can be found at the fixed off- sets relative to a slice, then gptzfsboot will recognize the partition as a part of a ZFS pool, but this is not guaranteed to happen. BSD
September 15, 2014 BSD