Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Find path of executable having problem Post 302831331 by Just Ice on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 05:03:24 PM
Old 07-10-2013
your ./pis2 process is running under PID 1 with a PPID 0 which is quiet interesting ... i would suggest running lsof on the PID but that will not be accurate with that PID 1 (see man lsof) ... try running the lsof on the different versions of the file ... also check if any of them execs to run in the background ...

also check the svcsadm for services that you are not familiar with ... if still an issue, reboot the server when you have the time and see if the process still comes up ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process executable file full path

hi guys i give "ps -ef | grep some_executable_file" on the command line. this "some_executable_file" resides on many paths which r included in the PATH environment variable, so the output depicts only "some_executable_file" in the COMMAND column. how can i get the full path? thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtrix
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc path problem - no acceptable path found

Hello everyone, I'm a unix noob. I have a powerbook running mac os x 10.4 and for one of my classes I need to install the latest version of php (5.0.5). I'm following the instructions at http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/php.html to install but I've run into a problem. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kendokendokendo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find latest executable in particular directory and start that particular ex

i have a directory in which there are executable files and these files are added at runtime. now i need a shell script which will be called at a certain interval. this shell script should find the latest executable file in that directory and start that executable. care should be taken that once the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvineeth
6 Replies

4. Programming

gdb: problem while debug an executable file

I created one file (test.cpp)and complied it and get the executable file(test) and run it.It is giving the out put but when I am trying to debug that executable.I am getting the error -- please tell me the solutions?? Thanks in advance ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in making Awk executable script

Guys I placed #!path/awk -f placed awk script and used $1 to call 1st inputfile inside the script. But some where I did mistake. Could you please help me run this script as executable I forgot to mention I also used BEGIN before placing awk script. But nothing worked out. Script ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with embedded FTP command in Ksh - System Cannot find the specified path.

I have the following FTP embedded in a Ksh script on AIX 5.3 ftp -n <<WHATEVER open 10.101.26.218 user hcistats ******* ascii put $thupdatefile put $thcollectfile quit WHATEVER Here is what my script returns: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on tweaking the PATH variable to allow the world to run my executable script

All, I am pretty new to Unix and still in the learning curve :) I have a simple requirement for which I did not get an answer yet (Atleast I do not know how to keyword the search for my requirement!!!). I have an executable script my.script1 in a folder /data/misc/scripts/dev, which when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem running executable with ./

Hey all, I'm trying to execute a program and despite it appearing to be there, I keep getting this: -bash: ./aisdispatcher: No such file or directoryTo run it, I'm going into the directory where it is stored and running ./aisdispatcher...the result of which should just be a listing of options... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmd006
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Finding the path to an executable , installed package

Hi all, Recently i wanted to see if i have openssl installed in my system (solaris 10), so i do this (not sure if this is the right way to do this) pkginfo -i | grep -i "ssl" system SUNWopenssl-commands OpenSSL Commands (Usr) system SUNWopenssl-include ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find exit with success with non executable directory

Hi there, I'm quite surprised by the following behavior of find. $ find -ls # I have a directory and a file in it 8145 4 drwxr-xr-x 3 me me 4096 May 10 09:36 . 87 4 drwxr-xr-x 2 me me 4096 May 10 09:36 ./dir 88 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 me me 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies
PLDD(1) 							 Linux User Manual							   PLDD(1)

NAME
pldd - display dynamic shared objects linked into a process SYNOPSIS
pldd pid pldd option DESCRIPTION
The pldd command displays a list of the dynamic shared objects that are linked into the process with the specified process ID. The list includes the libraries that have been dynamically loaded using dlopen(3). OPTIONS
-?, --help Display program help message. --usage Display a short usage message. -V, --version Display the program version. EXIT STATUS
On success, pldd exits with the status 0. If the specified process does not exist, the user does not have permission to access its dynamic shared object list, or no command-line arguments are supplied, pldd exists with a status of 1. If given an invalid option, it exits with the status 64. VERSIONS
pldd is available since glibc 2.15. CONFORMING TO
The pldd command is not specified by POSIX.1. Some other systems have a similar command. NOTES
The command lsof -p PID also shows output that includes the dynamic shared objects that are linked into a process. The gdb(1) info shared command also shows the shared libraries being used by a process, so that one can obtain similar output to pldd using a command such as the following (to monitor the process with the specified pid): $ gdb -ex "set confirm off" -ex "set height 0" -ex "info shared" -ex "quit" -p $pid | grep '^0x.*0x' BUGS
Since glibc 2.19, pldd is broken: it just hangs when executed. It is unclear if it will ever be fixed. EXAMPLE
$ echo $$ # Display PID of shell 1143 $ pldd $$ # Display DSOs linked into the shell 1143: /usr/bin/bash linux-vdso.so.1 /lib64/libtinfo.so.5 /lib64/libdl.so.2 /lib64/libc.so.6 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 /lib64/libnss_files.so.2 SEE ALSO
ldd(1), lsof(1), dlopen(3), ld.so(8) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 4.15 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, information about reporting bugs, and the latest version of this page, can be found at https://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. GNU
2017-09-15 PLDD(1)