Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Expect script works on CLI, but not under Nagios Post 302831327 by maddynaresh on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 05:01:31 PM
Old 07-10-2013
Hi Guys,
I need a help in nagios notifications setup.
I have a script that will generate alert for w and critical based on a condition.
What I want is that "Nagios should send out an alert for warning only if the condition i.e. written in the script exists for more than an 1hr then. No change is required for critical."
Please help me on this Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

strange expect script behavior, or am i misunderstanding expect scripting?

Hello to all...this is my first post (so please go easy). :) I feel pretty solid at expect scripting, but I'm running into an issue that I'm not able to wrap my head around. I wrote a script that is a little advanced for logging into a remote Linux machine and changing text in a file using sed.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: v1k0d3n
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with Expect script for Cisco IPS Sensors, Expect sleep and quoting

This Expect script provides expect with a list of IP addresses to Cisco IPS sensors and commands to configure Cisco IPS sensors. The user, password, IP addresses, prompt regex, etc. have been anonymized. In general this script will log into the sensors and send commands successfully but there are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: genewolfe
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple php/expect script works from command line but not from web

I have a really basic expect script which I call from php. I works fine when I run the php from the shell, but from the web it appears as if the output buffer gets chopped and never gets all of the contents. php script: (runexpect.php) <?php... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacksona2
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading CLI input for script

I've always written scripts where the user executes the script and I prompt them for what they want to do. But I'm trying to write a script where root executes the script 'lock' or its hard-link 'unlock' and the script will passwd -l or passwd -u an account depending on the choice. What would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ADay2Long
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not the correct output, works fine via CLI, not inside the script.

Guys, I need you help please. The script below is not working correclty for checking via a awk/if statement . Can you tell me what i am doing wrong in the script code "if($1 == "$RETENTION_LEVEL") " Syntax RETENTION_LEVEL=`echo $LINE | cut -f2 -d" "` echo " ==============... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junes
4 Replies

6. Programming

Calling expect script inside another expect

Hi, Am very new to expect scripting.. Can You please suggest me how to call an expect script inside another expect script.. I tried with spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "expect main.exp\r" expect $root_prompt and spawn /usr/bin/ksh send "main.exp\r" expect $root_prompt Both... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
1 Replies

7. Programming

Calling another expect script inside an expect script

I have an expect script called remote that I want to call from inside my expect script called sudoers.push, here is the code that is causing me issues: set REMOTE "/root/scripts/remote" ... log_user 1 send_user "Executing remote script as $user...\n" send_user "Command to execute is: $REMOTE... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: brettski
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Controlling elinks from Pipe, CLI or Script

Hi guys, I’m looking for an automatic way to save the source code of an website to a file. My questions is, it is possible to control elinks from a script, pipe or cli? I need to open a website, login on this site by a webform, submit the form, open an new url and save the source code of a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: digg_de
2 Replies

9. Programming

Expect script returning string following a found expect.

I'm fairly new to scripting so this might not be possible. I am using Expect with Cisco switches and need to capture the string after finding the expect request. For example, when I issue "show version" on a Nexus switch, I'm looking to capture the current firmware version: #show version ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: IBGaryA
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Expect scripting issue, works interactively when doing commands in cli, does not work in script

Hi; problem may be obvious, simple but I have to say it is somehow not easy to locate the issue. I am doing some word extracting from multiline text. Interacting in CLI seems to work without issues. First step is to add multiline text to a variable. expect1.1> expect1.1> set... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aldowski
2 Replies
nagios(8)							      Nagios								 nagios(8)

NAME
Nagios - network/systems status monitoring daemon SYNOPSIS
nagios [-h] [-v] [-s] [-d] <main_config_file> DESCRIPTION
nagios is a daemon program that monitors the status of various network accessible systems, devices, and more. For more information, please consult the online documentation available at http://www.nagios.org, or on your nagios server's web page. OPTIONS
main_config_file The main configuration file. On openSUSE systems this defaults to /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg -h A helpful usage message -v Reads all data in the configuration files and performs a basic verification/sanity check. Always make sure you verify your config data before (re)starting Nagios. You can also use the Nagios init script to verify your configuration - try: rcnagios check_verbose -s Shows projected/recommended check scheduling information based on the current data in the configuration files. -d Starts Nagios in daemon mode (instead of as a foreground process). FILES
/etc/nagios Default configuration directory for nagios AUTHOR
Nagios is written and maintained by Ethan Galstad <nagios@nagios.org>. This manual page was written by sean finney <seanius@debian.org> for the Debian GNU/Linux operating system (but it may be freely used, modified, and redistributed by others) and adapted by Lars Vogdt for openSUSE. sean finney, Lars Vogdt February 2006, May 2010 nagios(8)