Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Find path of executable having problem Post 302831317 by mnassiri on Wednesday 10th of July 2013 04:41:16 PM
Old 07-10-2013
Wrench Find path of executable having problem

Hi

cannot find the path to a running process on a host.
I looked and tried some suggestions in forums to no avail.
can someone please help? I need to know where this process is starting from as we have several versions in multiple directories

--------- Process name
Code:
1201 1 0 Feb 14 ? 17151:37 ./pis2

--------- I'm running
Code:
uname -a
SunOS 5.10 Generic_141444-09 sun4v sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise-T5120

----------- PS command options
Code:
ps [ -aAdeflcjLPyZ ] [ -o format ] [ -t termlist ]
[ -u userlist ] [ -U userlist ] [ -G grouplist ]
[ -p proclist ] [ -g pgrplist ] [ -s sidlist ] [ -z zonelist ]

------------------- content of /proc directory for the proccess

Code:
-r-------- 1 radmin tis 10184 Feb 14 2011 xmap
-r-------- 1 radmin tis 0 Feb 14 2011 watch
-r--r--r-- 1 radmin tis 256 Feb 14 2011 usage
-r-------- 1 radmin tis 1232 Feb 14 2011 status
-r-------- 1 radmin tis 1536 Feb 14 2011 sigact
lr-x------ 1 radmin tis 0 Feb 14 2011 root ->
-r-------- 1 radmin tis 6432 Feb 14 2011 rmap
-r--r--r-- 1 radmin tis 336 Feb 14 2011 psinfo
-r-------- 1 radmin tis 72 Feb 14 2011 priv
dr-x------ 2 radmin tis 9520 Feb 14 2011 path
-r-------- 1 radmin tis 119328 Feb 14 2011 pagedata
dr-x------ 2 radmin tis 1312 Feb 14 2011 object
dr-xr-xr-x 8 radmin tis 128 Feb 14 2011 lwp
-r--r--r-- 1 radmin tis 1856 Feb 14 2011 lusage
-r-------- 1 radmin tis 5432 Feb 14 2011 lstatus
-r--r--r-- 1 radmin tis 680 Feb 14 2011 lpsinfo
dr-x------ 2 radmin tis 8208 Feb 14 2011 fd
lr-x------ 1 radmin tis 0 Feb 14 2011 cwd ->
--w------- 1 radmin tis 0 Feb 14 2011 ctl
-r-------- 1 radmin tis 36 Feb 14 2011 cred
dr-x------ 2 radmin tis 32 Feb 14 2011 contracts
-r-------- 1 radmin tis 152 Feb 14 2011 auxv
-rw------- 1 radmin tis 922820608 Feb 14 2011 as
dr-x--x--x 5 radmin tis 832 Feb 14 2011 .
-r-------- 1 radmin tis 6432 Feb 9 2012 map

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 07-10-2013 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

process executable file full path

hi guys i give "ps -ef | grep some_executable_file" on the command line. this "some_executable_file" resides on many paths which r included in the PATH environment variable, so the output depicts only "some_executable_file" in the COMMAND column. how can i get the full path? thanx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xtrix
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cc path problem - no acceptable path found

Hello everyone, I'm a unix noob. I have a powerbook running mac os x 10.4 and for one of my classes I need to install the latest version of php (5.0.5). I'm following the instructions at http://developer.apple.com/internet/opensource/php.html to install but I've run into a problem. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kendokendokendo
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to find latest executable in particular directory and start that particular ex

i have a directory in which there are executable files and these files are added at runtime. now i need a shell script which will be called at a certain interval. this shell script should find the latest executable file in that directory and start that executable. care should be taken that once the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kvineeth
6 Replies

4. Programming

gdb: problem while debug an executable file

I created one file (test.cpp)and complied it and get the executable file(test) and run it.It is giving the out put but when I am trying to debug that executable.I am getting the error -- please tell me the solutions?? Thanks in advance ..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: smartgupta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in making Awk executable script

Guys I placed #!path/awk -f placed awk script and used $1 to call 1st inputfile inside the script. But some where I did mistake. Could you please help me run this script as executable I forgot to mention I also used BEGIN before placing awk script. But nothing worked out. Script ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: repinementer
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with embedded FTP command in Ksh - System Cannot find the specified path.

I have the following FTP embedded in a Ksh script on AIX 5.3 ftp -n <<WHATEVER open 10.101.26.218 user hcistats ******* ascii put $thupdatefile put $thcollectfile quit WHATEVER Here is what my script returns: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: troym72
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on tweaking the PATH variable to allow the world to run my executable script

All, I am pretty new to Unix and still in the learning curve :) I have a simple requirement for which I did not get an answer yet (Atleast I do not know how to keyword the search for my requirement!!!). I have an executable script my.script1 in a folder /data/misc/scripts/dev, which when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharath.gct
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem running executable with ./

Hey all, I'm trying to execute a program and despite it appearing to be there, I keep getting this: -bash: ./aisdispatcher: No such file or directoryTo run it, I'm going into the directory where it is stored and running ./aisdispatcher...the result of which should just be a listing of options... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmd006
10 Replies

9. Solaris

Finding the path to an executable , installed package

Hi all, Recently i wanted to see if i have openssl installed in my system (solaris 10), so i do this (not sure if this is the right way to do this) pkginfo -i | grep -i "ssl" system SUNWopenssl-commands OpenSSL Commands (Usr) system SUNWopenssl-include ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find exit with success with non executable directory

Hi there, I'm quite surprised by the following behavior of find. $ find -ls # I have a directory and a file in it 8145 4 drwxr-xr-x 3 me me 4096 May 10 09:36 . 87 4 drwxr-xr-x 2 me me 4096 May 10 09:36 ./dir 88 0 -rw-r--r-- 1 me me 0... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chebarbudo
2 Replies
RADMIN(8)					       FreeRADIUS Server Administration Tool						 RADMIN(8)

NAME
radmin - FreeRADIUS Administration tool SYNOPSIS
radmin [-d config_directory] [-e command] [-E] [-f socket_file] [-h] [-i input_file] [-n name] [-o output_file] [-q] DESCRIPTION
FreeRADIUS Server administration tool that connects to the control socket of a running server, and gives a command-line interface to it. At this time, only a few commands are supported. Please type "help" at the command prompt for detailed information about the supported commands. WARNING
The security protections offered by this command are limited to the permissions on the Unix domain socket, and the server configuration. If someone can connect to the Unix domain socket, they have a substantial amount of control over the server. OPTIONS
The following command-line options are accepted by the program. -d config directory Defaults to /etc/raddb. radmin looks here for the server configuration files to find the "listen" section that defines the control socket filename. -e command Run command and exit. -E Echo commands as they are being executed. -f socket_file Specify the socket filename directly. The radiusd.conf file is not read. -h Print usage help information. -i input_file Reads input from the specified file. If not specified, stdin is used. This also sets "-q". -n mname Read raddb/name.conf instead of raddb/radiusd.conf. -o output_file Write output to the specified file. If not specified, stdout is used. This also sets "-q". -q Quiet mode. COMMANDS
The commands implemented by the command-line interface are almost completely controlled by the server. There are a few commands inter- preted locally by radmin: reconnect Reconnect to the server. quit Exit from radmin. exit Exit from radmin. The other commands are implemented by the server. Type "help" at the prompt for more information. EXAMPLES
debug file /var/log/radius/bob.log Set debug logs to /var/log/radius/bob.log. There is very little checking of this filename. Rogue administrators may be able use this command to over-write almost any file on the system. If those administrators have write access to "radius.conf", they can do the same thing without radmin, too. debug condition '(User-Name == "bob")' Enable debugging output for all requests that match the condition. Any "unlang" condition is valid here. The condition is parsed as a string, so it must be enclosed in single or double quotes. Strings enclosed in double-quotes must have back-slashes and the quotation marks escaped inside of the string. Only one debug condition can be active at a time. debug condition '((User-Name == "bob") || (Packet-Src-IP-Address == 192.0.2.22))' A more complex condition that enables debugging output for requests containing User-Name "bob", or requests that originate from source IP address 192.0.2.22. debug condition Disable debug conditionals. FULL LIST OF COMMANDS
add <command> do sub-command of add add client <command> Add client configuration commands add client file <filename> Add new client definition from <filename> debug <command> debugging commands debug condition [condition] Enable debugging for requests matching [condition] debug level <number> Set debug level to <number>. Higher is more debugging. debug file [filename] Send all debugging output to [filename] del <command> do sub-command of del del client <command> Delete client configuration commands del client ipaddr <ipaddr> Delete a dynamically created client hup [module] sends a HUP signal to the server, or optionally to one module inject <command> commands to inject packets into a running server inject to <ipaddr> <port> Inject packets to the destination IP and port. inject from <ipaddr> Inject packets as if they came from <ipaddr> inject file <input-file> <output-file> Inject packet from input-file>, with results sent to <output-file> reconnect reconnect to a running server terminate terminates the server, and cause it to exit set <command> do sub-command of set set module <command> set module commands set module config <module> variable value set configuration for <module> set module status [alive|dead] set the module to be alive or dead (always return "fail") set home_server <command> set home server commands set home_server state <ipaddr> <port> [alive|dead] set state for given home server show <command> do sub-command of show show client <command> do sub-command of client show client config <ipaddr> show configuration for given client show client list shows list of global clients show debug <command> show debug properties show debug condition Shows current debugging condition. show debug level Shows current debugging level. show debug file Shows current debugging file. show home_server <command> do sub-command of home_server show home_server config <ipaddr> <port> show configuration for given home server show home_server list shows list of home servers show home_server state <ipaddr> <port> shows state of given home server show module <command> do sub-command of module show module config <module> show configuration for given module show module flags <module> show other module properties show module list shows list of loaded modules show module methods <module> show sections where <module> may be used show uptime shows time at which server started show version Prints version of the running server show xml <reference> Prints out configuration as XML stats <command> do sub-command of stats stats client [auth/acct] <ipaddr> show statistics for given client, or for all clients (auth or acct) stats home_server [<ipaddr>/auth/acct] <port> show statistics for given home server (ipaddr and port), or for all home servers (auth or acct) stats detail <filename> show statistics for the given detail file SEE ALSO
unlang(5), radiusd.conf(5), raddb/sites-available/control-socket AUTHOR
Alan DeKok <aland@freeradius.org> 14 Mar 2011 RADMIN(8)